Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 18th, 2020, 07:50 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Green Lantern (Aya) - Public Playtesting

Nah it's at 6.0 with those changes. 5.8 is the absolute minimum. I just personally don't like to go lower than 6.6.
Old September 18th, 2020, 07:52 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I agree, I prefer to stay over 6.5 personally. Spider-people always end up closer to 5.8 though just thanks to their swinging power. Just checking
Old September 18th, 2020, 09:46 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Aya

Army Test
Map: A Couple Puddles
Units: Aya (280), Hal, Kilowog, Razer (1200) VS Thor, Sif, Heimdall, Hawkeye I (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: A Couple Puddles
Units: Aya (280), Hal, Kilowog, Razer (1200) VS Surtur, Lizard (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Interceptor Strike was a fun power, I just wish there was a shorter way to word it as the power is a pain in the butt to read, I was often going back to the SP just to make sure I was fulfilling the various requirements of the powers. I’m going to suggest a way to reduce the complexity a bit.

Overall fun design. The d20 boost is a nice boost for the lanterns. The initiative boost never came up for me. It can be a struggle to get Aya off her card before she’s the last figure remaining, as she’s not one you want to take a turn with most of the time. So there’s a fun risk element there.
Old September 18th, 2020, 10:04 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

So I'd make a couple wording changes. Call them "Interceptor Crew Members" rather than "Members of the Interceptor Crew" - saves you two words.

I know we just discussed moving the "If Green Lantern is on this card" wording to the first power, but when playing I feel like it makes a lot more sense on the last power, since that's the power it affects. I think moving the initiative boost to the second power makes a bit more sense too. Leave the crazy new mechanics to the first power. The more simple other powers can get the extra fluff.

My proposed rewording:
Quote:
INTERCEPTOR NAV COMPUTER
At the start of the game, choose Green Lantern and up to 3 Unique Heroes you control with Battery Markers on their cards to be Interceptor Crew Members, and you may place any Interceptor Crew Members on this card. Order Markers may still be revealed on Interceptor Crew Members on this card. Before taking a turn with an Interceptor Crew Member on this card, you may place it on any empty space within 5 spaces of another figure you control and it may not move this turn.

LOGICAL COMPUTATION
If Green Lantern is on this card, you may add 4 to your initiative roll. After rolling the 20-sided die for a special power of an Interceptor Crew Member, you may reveal an ‘X’ Order Marker from this card to add or subtract X from your roll, where X is the number of Battery Markers on that figure's card.

INTERCEPTOR STRIKE
If Green Lantern is on this card, immediately after placing any Interceptor Crew Member on the battlefield through Interceptor Nav Computer, you may roll one unblockable attack die against any figure within 5 spaces of that Interceptor Crew Member. When Green Lantern uses Interceptor Strike, she may use Interceptor Strike one additional time.
Then one suggested change. Interceptor Strike could simply choose one figure and roll 2 dice - I never split it between two figures and it makes more sense to target one figure thematically IMO. Saves a sentence.
Quote:
INTERCEPTOR STRIKE
If Green Lantern is on this card, immediately after placing any Interceptor Crew Member on the battlefield through Interceptor Nav Computer, you may roll two unblockable attack dice against any figure within 5 spaces of that Interceptor Crew Member.
Old September 19th, 2020, 06:32 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Thankee chap! Great tests. Let me think on your suggestions a bit more and get back to you.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 19th, 2020, 01:32 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Thank you for the tests, chap!
The new wording looks great.
The change to IS... I'm less sure about? I initially had it working closer to what you say, but then I watched the series again recently and noticed that, on several ocassions, she fired multiple blasts at different people (and by people in this case I mean Reds) in quick succession, while on others she shot one person with one stronger shot (mostly against Anti-Monitor). I also feel like it adds some tactical versatility? I don't know, it does make the card more elegant so... I don't know, but I'm veering slightly to keeping it as it is?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 19th, 2020, 01:52 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

If the initiative boost didn't help Arch or I in our tests, I'd consider that first and foremost unnecessary. Is it nice to have? Sure. But it certainly isn't needed for her to be fun, unique, and worth drafting. Let someone else offer that for them(the Guardians already do, fwiw).

In general, I think what you have is great, but simplification can turn it into something special. I've found over the years after doing this for so long, tacked on stuff that doesn't happen often and isn't the star of the show, often distracts and takes away from the design more so than adds to it. As I said, there was so much going on when first reading the design, I almost passed on it just due to it feeling overstuffed and hard to follow. If you can fix that while maintaining the core of what makes it fun, I think that you and everyone else considering it will appreciate it in the long run.

To clarify, I'm suggestion dropping the +4 to initiative and having both Strike rolls on the same target. I always did both on the same target fwiw because generally trying to hammer down to eliminate someone is more beneficial than peppering 2 different targets, and you don't have to use those rolls on the same person your figure ends up attacking so there's still options there.

This looks solid to me:
Quote:
INTERCEPTOR NAV COMPUTER
At the start of the game, choose Green Lantern and up to 3 Unique Heroes you control with Battery Markers on their cards to be Interceptor Crew Members, and you may place any Interceptor Crew Members on this card. Order Markers may still be revealed on Interceptor Crew Members on this card. Before taking a turn with an Interceptor Crew Member on this card, you may place it on any empty space within 5 spaces of another figure you control and it may not move this turn.

LOGICAL COMPUTATION
After rolling the 20-sided die for a special power of an Interceptor Crew Member, you may reveal an ‘X’ Order Marker from this card to add or subtract X from your roll, where X is the number of Battery Markers on that figure's card.

INTERCEPTOR STRIKE
If Green Lantern is on this card, immediately after placing any Interceptor Crew Member on the battlefield through Interceptor Nav Computer, you may roll two unblockable attack dice against any figure within 5 spaces of that Interceptor Crew Member.
Old September 19th, 2020, 01:56 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Fwiw, I like Ark's and Archie's suggestions on streamlining here. Admittedly I'm coming purely from a place of wanting a slick card, not being familiar with the character. I think they put a lot of polish on the design though.
Old September 19th, 2020, 02:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Fwiw, I like Ark's and Archie's suggestions on streamlining here. Admittedly I'm coming purely from a place of wanting a slick card, not being familiar with the character. I think they put a lot of polish on the design though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 19th, 2020, 04:03 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
If the initiative boost didn't help Arch or I in our tests, I'd consider that first and foremost unnecessary. Is it nice to have? Sure. But it certainly isn't needed for her to be fun, unique, and worth drafting. Let someone else offer that for them(the Guardians already do, fwiw).

In general, I think what you have is great, but simplification can turn it into something special. I've found over the years after doing this for so long, tacked on stuff that doesn't happen often and isn't the star of the show, often distracts and takes away from the design more so than adds to it. As I said, there was so much going on when first reading the design, I almost passed on it just due to it feeling overstuffed and hard to follow. If you can fix that while maintaining the core of what makes it fun, I think that you and everyone else considering it will appreciate it in the long run.

To clarify, I'm suggestion dropping the +4 to initiative and having both Strike rolls on the same target. I always did both on the same target fwiw because generally trying to hammer down to eliminate someone is more beneficial than peppering 2 different targets, and you don't have to use those rolls on the same person your figure ends up attacking so there's still options there.

This looks solid to me:
Quote:
INTERCEPTOR NAV COMPUTER

LOGICAL COMPUTATION
After rolling the 20-sided die for a special power of an Interceptor Crew Member, you may reveal an ‘X’ Order Marker from this card to add or subtract X from your roll, where X is the number of Battery Markers on that figure's card.

INTERCEPTOR STRIKE
Hmmm.... interesting thoughts. I can definitely see a lot of what you say (even though my personal style tends more towards 'get the theme absolutely right even if it's on the complex side - comes through in a number of my personal cards! ). I can definitely see the appeal of elegance here.
Thinking about it, I'm definitely on board with dropping the initiative boost. I quite like the idea of the passive boost while she's manning the Interceptor, but you still get that in that you can only strafe while she's there, plus, thinking back, I can't recall her relaying info from the Interceptor much, and I only really added it to make people more okay with the Nav Computer name (which is a bit of theme I really want to keep). So, I'll run with you there!
I'm... less sold on making the strafe one roll against a single target? I can see how it streamlines it and makes no odds a lot of the time, but then, most of the times I recall her strafing like that, she was firing at multiple targets, trying to disperse the Reds. The main time I recall her just firing one big blast was vs. Anti-Monitor, but, admittedly, that's probably one of the most memorable and iconic use of the Interceptor's weapons. I don't know, it's a tough one, because I absolutely see your points, but I kind of like the flexibility it gives you vs. weaker targets and the fact that it feels a bit closer to the cartoon. Let me think on it.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 21st, 2020, 12:52 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Sounds reasonable.
Old September 23rd, 2020, 07:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Does this need more tests or is it good to vote for Final Editing?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library