Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old August 11th, 2011, 09:33 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker
Islandscape 2011 AAR

Okay, I have to apologize for not getting this all out sooner. I'll be making several posts over the next 24 hours, with all the army lists, all the matchups, and the overall record for each player.

Grishnakh has already posted pictures of his gorgeous flocked Guardian championship map on the original thread here. Check it out if you haven't seen it already.

Thanks again to all who came out, built maps, contributed prizes, and played their best. And thanks also to Pete, who also chipped in for the prize table, and whose excellent store (Ravenblood Games) I can't recommend enough. Thanks for the use of your space at the tournament, and on a monthly basis.

Now, onto the gory details!

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:02 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker
Re: Islandscape 2011 AAR

Okay first things first. Final rankings:

Place Name Record Strength of Schedule Award
1 Taeblewalker 4-1 835 (1st Place)
2 Rich10 3-2 945 (2nd Place)
3 Dylan 4-1 490 (3rd Place)
4 Mogrebla 3-2 415
5 Anthony 3-2 245
6 Warbanner 3-2 110
7 Sir Dendrik 2-3 -320 (Worst Luck)
8 Grishnakh 2-3 -345
9 X Marker 2-3 -440
10 Onacara 2-3 -465
11 Krysto 1-4 -315 (Sportsmanship)
12 Son of Grish 1-4 -1155 (Sportsmanship)

Items of note here:
* Son of Grishnakh's only win was against.... Taeblewalker! Amazing that the player with the lowest record was the only one who beat the player who won the tournament.

* Not only did no-one go undefeated, but no one was even undefeated going into the tournament's final round. In fact, by the third round's end, only one player was still unbeaten, Mogrebla, who finished 4th. I guess his army was so good, even he couldn't beat it (rounds 4 and 5 were both crack the whip).

* Sir Dendrik and X Marker tied for worst luck (Islandscape's traditional "Andrew Award") , with 8.5 points out of a possible 25 (each player rated his opponent's luck on a 5 point scale, each game). Since they'd tied for worst luck, we had them roll off, with the lower score winning.

* On a related note, the highest ranking player for luck, with 20 out of 25? Taeblewalker.

* Dylan's 3rd place award marks the first time a junior has won a top spot at Islandscape. An impressive showing!

Old August 11th, 2011, 10:13 PM

Army Lists!

In no particular order:

Sir Dendrik
Venoc Vipers x5
Venoc Warlord
KMA
Raelin RotV

Anthony
Marden Hounds x3
DW 8000
Mind Flayer Mastermind

Dylan
Tagawa Samurai Archers x4
Kaemon Awa
Tagawa Samurai

Mogrebla
Sgt Drake (SotM)
Raelin (RotV)
Marcus Decimus
10th Foot x2

Warbanner
Estivara
Fyorlag Spiders x3
Brunak
Finn
Gryphon

Onacara
Nakita Agents
Raelin (RotV)
Zombies x5

Krysto
Phantom Knights x3
Sir Dupuis
Eltahale

X Marker
Major Q10
Anubian Wolves x3
Marro Warriors
Zettian Guards

Rich10
Krug
Goblin Cutters x3
Skull Brutes x3

Son of Grishnakh
Sir Gilbert
Knights of Weston x4
Sir Dendrik

Grishnakh
Ashigaru Yari
Tagawa Samurai
Kozuke Samurai
Izumi Samurai
Isamu
Hatamoto Taro

I'm missing Taeblewalker's, b/c he came in late and I had him scribble it somewhere that I've now misplaced. I'm sure someone can fill in that blank for me.

Old August 11th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Minions of Utgar x3, Raelin (RotV), Atlaga

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports