Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old February 12th, 2011, 11:33 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation
Re: Ebay "deal of the day"...

yeah they are trying to drive prices up so they can unload other stuff for a great proffit, theres nothing wrong with makin money but come on I mean really come on stop all this greedy stuff or they will not only have killed a game but also its spirit, what was that other game heroquest anyone ever play that anymore?
Old February 12th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm inclined to agree with you Greyelephant considering there are Buy It Now listings for $100 you'd have to be a complete imbecile to be bidding $400+. Although it could be that the autobidder placed a really high amount thinking it would never go so high trying to guarantee he'd get it and the other guy is just pushing it to see how much the guy put in as maximum. If so the autobidder is a utter moron.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM

Spallit Woo who?

Ya, that's highly suspicious...I'd be careful not to ever buy anything from that user.
Old February 12th, 2011, 12:43 PM

brendrizzle Woo who?

This is starting to make me suspicious of all high prices on ebay...
Old February 12th, 2011, 12:54 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow that has to be the craziest thing on ebay ive ever seen.
Old February 12th, 2011, 01:21 PM

YakRoller Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
I'm inclined to agree with you Greyelephant considering there are Buy It Now listings for $100 you'd have to be a complete imbecile to be bidding $400+. Although it could be that the autobidder placed a really high amount thinking it would never go so high trying to guarantee he'd get it and the other guy is just pushing it to see how much the guy put in as maximum. If so the autobidder is a utter moron.
At least the shipping was only 3% of the total.

I agree with both of your assessments. I wondered if someone had set up their auctionsnipe wrong and the seller had someone seeing how far they could push it.

Definitely wacko, but seemed like a great example of ebay craziness to add to this thread.

"Never put your body where your mind hasn’t been first.”
Chris Duff
Old February 12th, 2011, 01:23 PM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRoller View Post
Wow! Two bidders are really driving this one up into the stratosphere! ($405.10 with 2 hours left)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heroscape-Thaele...item20b6ffdf77

Look at the bidders, one has been auto-bidding and the other has been countering.

Amazing.
And whats funny is right below it there is a tundra for only $100.

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 12th, 2011, 04:03 PM

CanScape has disabled reputation

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:B:WNA:CA:1123

Pardon my french, but UNF#$KINGBELIEVEABLE!

I truly have no idea what's behind that auction, but I also call shenanigans. Let's see: this expansion set, no matter how 'rare' in the HS world, went for more than a SHRINKWRAPPED Dark Tower last summer. Something does not sit well here...

Truly ridiculous. And yet, over the past three months, sealed box sets of Tundra and Lava have become less and less available...I mean, if there really is this kind of 'want' out there (I hesitate to say 'demand', then why can't companies realize what potential there is to market this game???

Somebody should go back and see exactly what it was that made Heroscape the great game it is/was. In my mind, that means one thing: Rerelease a decent starter set with terrain only, including all terrain types (but in smallish amounts, creating the need to expand). Then go back and figure out what the most popular and interesting squads and heroes were, and MAKE MORE OF IT.

It's really that simple.
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:00 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Wow! At $405 a pop, the seller still have the audacity to charge shipping.

Makes me wish I could hijack those non-winning bidders and sell them my NIB Tundras for $250 a pop... shipping included. And despite the fact that everyone here would agree my offering is high, I'd still be a hero to these bidders.
Old February 17th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Wave 4 for 300 dollars
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Well I do still need DED.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:32 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Wow! At $405 a pop, the seller still have the audacity to charge shipping.

Makes me wish I could hijack those non-winning bidders and sell them my NIB Tundras for $250 a pop... shipping included. And despite the fact that everyone here would agree my offering is high, I'd still be a hero to these bidders.
Well that sale must have inspired this guy to list a TT starting at $300, BIN $380...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Heroscape-Thaele...item2a0e39f7b7

Each of these crazy sales would be equal to as many as 10 sales of new product if only Hasbro/WotC had continued re-issuing waves & sets!

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales