Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 23rd, 2019, 01:29 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Levi Wade 3/22

I'm glad to see that those spitballed ideas actually work. Wrangle works really well here, especially as an addition to a Chain Grab-esque power. I also think that the Arrogant/Aquilla combo is a good excuse for his vibrant color scheme.

As expected, he really is unique as a Lawman. It'd be interesting to take him with PK's Clayton Pierce and the burgeoning Lawmen faction--being able to wrangle key targets away in a Shootout is definitely something that the cowboys will appreciate, even if they may end up blasting a shotgun in Levi's face as a result.

My only concern is that he might not be consistently useful. With a 45% chance on Lasso and a melee attack of 3, he'll likely be the last choice for an offensive addition to a Shootout, especially since you're likely going to try and keep him engaged to only one figure, which you can't guarantee unless you don't use the lasso. I almost feel like a slightly higher price and a more powerful Lasso is justified here, even if it's as small as upping the odds to 50-60% or the range to 4. Of course, that's just theoryscaping, but I don't see much of a reason for Lasso to be significantly worse than Chain Grab, considering how much danger you'll have to put Levi in to get a chance at using it and his unique nature.
Old March 23rd, 2019, 04:57 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
That's a rootin' tootin' cowboy right there! I like your reuse of Wrangle from the coatl competition.
I'm glad you noticed! There's a few differences, but I saw that Ch'Mana card again and decided that I could use that concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Huh. We talked about this in the discord, but I honestly didn’t think it would turn out this good.

I’d still probably rather give him a 2 at range and just assume he has a gun, but the ability set is perfect.
I think the cowboys could use a normal of 3, especially when it's easy to get height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm glad to see that those spitballed ideas actually work. Wrangle works really well here, especially as an addition to a Chain Grab-esque power. I also think that the Arrogant/Aquilla combo is a good excuse for his vibrant color scheme.

As expected, he really is unique as a Lawman. It'd be interesting to take him with PK's Clayton Pierce and the burgeoning Lawmen faction--being able to wrangle key targets away in a Shootout is definitely something that the cowboys will appreciate, even if they may end up blasting a shotgun in Levi's face as a result.

My only concern is that he might not be consistently useful. With a 45% chance on Lasso and a melee attack of 3, he'll likely be the last choice for an offensive addition to a Shootout, especially since you're likely going to try and keep him engaged to only one figure, which you can't guarantee unless you don't use the lasso. I almost feel like a slightly higher price and a more powerful Lasso is justified here, even if it's as small as upping the odds to 50-60% or the range to 4. Of course, that's just theoryscaping, but I don't see much of a reason for Lasso to be significantly worse than Chain Grab, considering how much danger you'll have to put Levi in to get a chance at using it and his unique nature.
I kind of want Levi to fall between Guilty and Johnny points-wise.

If I end up doing a bunch of tests, I'll probably consider dropping the roll and/or increasing the range. It is worth noting that I didn't put a same-level restriction on Lasso, which makes it a great candidate for lava dunking. If I make it closer to automatic, I'll have to change that.

With any kind of Shootout mechanic, you can put an early turn on Levi, have him Lasso somebody in close, and then take advantage of the lowered defense for the rest of your Shootouts.
Old March 23rd, 2019, 05:16 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Love the look of that guy! Cool, iconic, fits the a childhood vision of a cowboy better than just about anyone else, and will be a great pairing with that Shootout mechanic with his Lasso - pull someone to low ground and then pump them full of lead while they're wrangled! Nice.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 23rd, 2019, 05:18 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I kind of want Levi to fall between Guilty and Johnny points-wise.

If I end up doing a bunch of tests, I'll probably consider dropping the roll and/or increasing the range. It is worth noting that I didn't put a same-level restriction on Lasso, which makes it a great candidate for lava dunking. If I make it closer to automatic, I'll have to change that.

With any kind of Shootout mechanic, you can put an early turn on Levi, have him Lasso somebody in close, and then take advantage of the lowered defense for the rest of your Shootouts.
I can get that, but I feel like the powerset might work a little better with either a slightly higher cost or lower one. The midpoint balance doesn't feel quite right to me, yet.

I actually failed to see the lack of a same-level restriction, though. That certainly gives him a lot more utility if he can wrangle a key target down and let the other cowboys blast them from height. It makes the point cost feel a lot more justified to me here.
Old November 12th, 2019, 08:26 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Thralls 11/12

Some Thrall designs I had kicking around:

Any feedback? I'm specifically curious about whether 4 defense is justifiable for either of these guys, and whether the Special Attack makes sense.

Old November 12th, 2019, 11:09 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Two Thralls 11/12

Looks great. I think Death Gaze should read "if you roll a 12-19," instead of "19 or higher."
Otherwise, great job on both Thralls.

Old November 12th, 2019, 11:13 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I think the defense would largely depend on their actual size. Do we have an actual size for these? I'm not sure 4 makes sense for the Shadowcreep...he seems kinda wirey and weak, but i think I could see it on the graveshroud

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 13th, 2019, 09:57 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Some pretty cool designs.

For the Shadowcreep, technically you can still attack with 0 attack dice. You can keep that up indefinitely, if you're that kind of person. The stats seem too good for a Thrall, though.

Death Gaze is really cool, though it feels painful to want to try it with such a solid (3/4) Thrall. Pretty good odds against a Common, though probably worth it. If Defense was 3, I'd be happier using it.
Old November 13th, 2019, 10:08 AM
This is merely a joke.

I might try giving these guys a whirl at 3 defense, then.
Old November 13th, 2019, 06:55 PM

Both look like pretty cool Thralls to me. Like others, I don't really buy 3 defense for the Shadowcreep Thrall (especially if it's only a Small 3). It could just be an athletic thrall that's hard to hit, but it seems weird when compared to the Graveshroud and other thralls.

I do actually kind of like 4 defense for the Graveshroud, though that's largely because I feel like it'll help them die when intended a little bit more. They might still play just fine with only 3 defense.

For Death Gaze, I think that it might be a bit more interesting if it had a slightly shorter range. As it stands, they will very rarely ever get to use their normal attack unless they stop exactly 5 spaces away from an enemy on unobstructed terrain (or wait for an enemy to enter their threat range first), which I feel like could quickly get frustrating to deal with. Lowering it to 3 spaces eases that hinderance a bit, even if on paper it would make them weaker. It also encourages them to go for single targets sometimes, hoping to kill the defender with their normal attack so that they can keep on fighting.
Old January 28th, 2023, 01:58 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Popping in to say I like your lizardfolk hero design.
Old January 28th, 2023, 02:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

Which one?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards