Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 20th, 2019, 09:04 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 3/20 - Rock of Aegis

Korag: I love what you've done with this guy. Several of the Utgar Common Heroes end up feeling a little pointless (the Sahuagin Raider particularly and, to a lesser degree, the Drow Chainfighter). This guy gives them some purpose, while also roping in Fire Elementals, Swog Riders and your new Troglodyte Grunts. Really, really like that. Might need to pick that set up at some point.
Aegis: Looks really cool - with the ability to activate a +1 attack/defence aura off an Order Marker on him, he ends up feeling like a Classicscape, squad-friendly C3G Captain America with a shorter aura, which is a really interesting concept. Another one I may have to pick up some day.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 21st, 2019, 11:01 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Korag: I love what you've done with this guy. Several of the Utgar Common Heroes end up feeling a little pointless (the Sahuagin Raider particularly and, to a lesser degree, the Drow Chainfighter). This guy gives them some purpose, while also roping in Fire Elementals, Swog Riders and your new Troglodyte Grunts. Really, really like that. Might need to pick that set up at some point.
Aegis: Looks really cool - with the ability to activate a +1 attack/defence aura off an Order Marker on him, he ends up feeling like a Classicscape, squad-friendly C3G Captain America with a shorter aura, which is a really interesting concept. Another one I may have to pick up some day.
Thanks so much! If you do end up trying any of these guys out I'd love to hear how they play for you! (It's way cool to hear even if someone is considering running one of my designs. ) I also really dig that Captain America design. I cherry pick my way through the C3G designs once in a while, but there's a lot of cool designs in there that I really need to take time to go through sometime.

Edit: On another note, I had to share these guys that I picked up from the one of the latest miniature releases. They're so cute, and I'm stoked to design something for these little froggies!!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 21st, 2019, 11:20 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Korag. I still probably wouldn't use Sahuagin Raiders even with him (the Troglodytes or Fire Elementals seem like fun combo for the movement, though), but he seems like a neat dungeon boss that makes me wish that I had more time to do some campaigns. Considering how many small/medium Common Utgar heroes D&D gave us that I never use, I may have to look into getting him if I start doing more dungeon crawls. It's a niche that I haven't seen explored very much.

As for Aegis, have you considered making Aura of Power trigger off of any revealed Order Marker, instead of tying it to an "X" reveal? It works either way, but I personally prefer for the X Marker to be reserved for optional powers lasting the whole round, or as a reminder for an effect. I can't see a situation where you would want to not activate Aura of Power, so I don't think it really needs the X reveal unless you don't want Aegis to work well with Evar, Siege, and the others who use that mechanic.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 04:25 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Nice cards that you post on this thread.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 07:00 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I like Korag. I still probably wouldn't use Sahuagin Raiders even with him (the Troglodytes or Fire Elementals seem like fun combo for the movement, though), but he seems like a neat dungeon boss that makes me wish that I had more time to do some campaigns. Considering how many small/medium Common Utgar heroes D&D gave us that I never use, I may have to look into getting him if I start doing more dungeon crawls. It's a niche that I haven't seen explored very much.
Yeah, the Raiders are still probably the worst option for him, though they do get helped the most by him, if that makes sense. (Like how Charos isn't the best option for Greenscales, but got helped the most by them when they came out since before them he was very rarely used.) You can at least get Raiders onto water easily for the defense boost with him, and since he triggers his bonding with wounds that means more wounded heroes for them to hit. At the same time, a Korag-based Firestorm can be fun too. "Korag like play with fire."

And yeah, I realized that a lot of my customs are dungeon crawl (or other scenario) oriented, and I don't even do them tons. I think I just love the design space.
Quote:
As for Aegis, have you considered making Aura of Power trigger off of any revealed Order Marker, instead of tying it to an "X" reveal? It works either way, but I personally prefer for the X Marker to be reserved for optional powers lasting the whole round, or as a reminder for an effect. I can't see a situation where you would want to not activate Aura of Power, so I don't think it really needs the X reveal unless you don't want Aegis to work well with Evar, Siege, and the others who use that mechanic.
I did think about doing any revealed OM, but did decide I like tying it to the X. I don't think it's a huge difference either way, but there is the impact of having to commit to using the aura or not. If you're going to use it, you need to go all in and do at least two OM's on Aegis, and your opponent will know what your turn will be, so you can't bluff when Aegis is low on health (unless you're playing him with Rygarn, who is very helpful with Aegis). This nerfs the power a little bit, since it lets your opponent know exactly when their window to kill Aegis is coming in, and how much time they have depending on how initiative goes. But I like that as a trade-off for his high defense when compared with other cheerleaders -- he'll block more hits, but has to be more obvious about when he's being activated, which gives me a kind of front-line inspiring sentinel vibe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Nice cards that you post on this thread.
Hey thanks! Happy you could stop by!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 22nd, 2019, 11:30 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I did think about doing any revealed OM, but did decide I like tying it to the X. I don't think it's a huge difference either way, but there is the impact of having to commit to using the aura or not. If you're going to use it, you need to go all in and do at least two OM's on Aegis, and your opponent will know what your turn will be, so you can't bluff when Aegis is low on health (unless you're playing him with Rygarn, who is very helpful with Aegis). This nerfs the power a little bit, since it lets your opponent know exactly when their window to kill Aegis is coming in, and how much time they have depending on how initiative goes. But I like that as a trade-off for his high defense when compared with other cheerleaders -- he'll block more hits, but has to be more obvious about when he's being activated, which gives me a kind of front-line inspiring sentinel vibe.
That's a good point. I was thinking that it wouldn't mechanically matter outside of a few choice pairings, but it does effectively remove the ability to bluff about whether you'll be activating the aura or not (unless you're taking Rygarn, of course). For such a powerful aura, I can see the justification behind it.
Old March 23rd, 2019, 01:08 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Korag is very cool. I'm a big fan of fixer units like that. Korag could give playtime to units that would never see the light of day otherwise (though the poor Dumutef guard gets left out... ).

I was looking at your other customs, and I really like Ricky West's supporting fire special attack. That's a cool twist on the normal explosion attack and is a pretty cinematic power (how often do you see the hero outnumbered and about to die before his ally suddenly shoots down the attackers?).
Old March 23rd, 2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Korag is very cool. I'm a big fan of fixer units like that. Korag could give playtime to units that would never see the light of day otherwise (though the poor Dumutef guard gets left out... ).

I was looking at your other customs, and I really like Ricky West's supporting fire special attack. That's a cool twist on the normal explosion attack and is a pretty cinematic power (how often do you see the hero outnumbered and about to die before his ally suddenly shoots down the attackers?).
Thanks a bunch! I agree on the cool imagery that Ricky's SA brings to the game -- it makes for really fun situations!

10 Points Under Videos

Old March 28th, 2020, 07:03 PM

Been sitting on these customs for a while, and I'm finally posting them up here. (Yay!) Doing all eight of them in a quick burst right now -- I may take time later to go through and talk about my rationale for each, especially for the faction I made, just because that's something I find fun (like online scrapbooking/journaling), but I wanted to get them hosted online somewhere so I don't lose them (I figure my laptop is about due for another crash). (Forgive my crummy image editing skills -- I just wanted something to print off to play with.)

Proteus

Figure Used: Dark Haven Bones: Large Water Elemental

Riptooth

Figure Used: Captain Riptooth (Pathfinder: Skulls & Shackles)

Greyfin

Figure Used: Wereshark Pirate (Pathfinder: Skulls & Shackles)

Epsilon Commandant

Figure Used: Separatist Commando (Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)

Epsilon Fighter

Figure Used: Mandalorian Warrior (Star Wars: Bounty Hunters)

Epsilon Sharpshooter

Figure Used: Mandalorian Supercommando (Star Wars: Bounty Hunters)

Epsilon Juggernaut

Figure Used: Hammer Industries Drone (Heroclix)

Thaelenk Yeti

Figure Used: Yeti (Dungeons and Dragons: Monster Menagerie)

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by superfrog; March 30th, 2020 at 02:13 PM.
Old March 28th, 2020, 08:40 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 3/28 - Just eight new c

I really like Greyfin and Riptooth. They seem like they'd be fun to throw in with the Hybrids. I also really like their simple, thematic abilities.

The Epsilon faction is also pretty interesting...and again I love the simplicity. Really pretty neat game mechanics and they seem pretty fun to throw on the board together.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 28th, 2020, 09:33 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I like the Epsilons. Though I have to ask - why not just make them Soulborgs? They look the part, well enough.
Old March 29th, 2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I really like Greyfin and Riptooth. They seem like they'd be fun to throw in with the Hybrids. I also really like their simple, thematic abilities.

The Epsilon faction is also pretty interesting...and again I love the simplicity. Really pretty neat game mechanics and they seem pretty fun to throw on the board together.
Thanks! I had a lot of fun coming up with sharky mechanics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I like the Epsilons. Though I have to ask - why not just make them Soulborgs? They look the part, well enough.
That was my original plan, but I didn't want the added Hoplitron interactions to worry about. And since there are no Animata common heroes to worry about, I just went that route for my at home canon -- if that changes, I'll probably do a quick redesign.

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards