Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 22nd, 2019, 12:28 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Arch-vile's customs (updated March 2019)

Thanks guys. I wish I could take credit for the Adaptive Armor power, but it's really a super old brainstorm of Viegon's from the C3V archives. It's one of the ideas I had saved to use when the right mini shows up, and I figured this one worked well enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I'm also a fan of this card. Great anti-squad powers while leaving him with plenty of weaknesses -- very 'Scapey. Only thing I'm not sure if I buy is the 6 move for such an armored mini. Speaking of, what mini did you use for it?
He's Kraken from Heroclix's Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD set.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 05:59 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

My next lot of customs are all Star Wars characters designed to be compatible with HoSS. These designs were brainstorms I had in the HoSS sanctum and I decided to make cards for them much like TREX has done with his own HoSS designs. I'll start by presenting my sequel era cards in the spoiler below.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arch-vile; April 10th, 2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old March 24th, 2019, 10:07 PM
Archie

Here's another set of HoSS compatible units.

Moff Jerjerodd was in charge of the second Death Star. His line "we shall double our efforts" inspired this power. He can sacrifice his own men to vastly increase the efficiency of the rest. It's a very powerful ability, but he is limited by the squads he is compatible with. You rarely want more than 2 squads of Stormtroopers, for example. He's also straight up bonds with Imperial squads, but his fragility and low attack output means that alone is not a great use of his points.

The Mouse Droid is a funny little unit that I would never have designed if I hadn't gotten a couple of them in a blind booster. My intention was to use them to extend beneficial auras, such as the Imperial Officer's range enhancement. They also have utility with General Veers and a negative interaction with Darth Vader (he could choke a friendly from across the map!). They're effectively a filler unit but I think it's a fun concept and fits them thematically.
Old March 25th, 2019, 03:09 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Awesome star wars cards Arch. I love moff jerjerrods card. Id have liked to see something with kylos force freeze ability on his card instead of the first ability because that is his signature move. Not sure what you are up to with the first order troopers? Are they the same as imperial stormtroopers. That mouse droid seems like a perfect candidate to be 3d printed. Overall I love them. I think these will be perfect candidates for what Im trying to kick forward. Great work.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 25th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Awesome star wars cards Arch. I love moff jerjerrods card. Id have liked to see something with kylos force freeze ability on his card instead of the first ability because that is his signature move. Not sure what you are up to with the first order troopers? Are they the same as imperial stormtroopers. That mouse droid seems like a perfect candidate to be 3d printed. Overall I love them. I think these will be perfect candidates for what Im trying to kick forward. Great work.
Thanks TREX. Kylo's Force Interrogation was meant to be reminiscent of his Force Freeze power (like he uses on Rey on Takodana). It'd be cool to represent his ability to freeze blaster shots though. I think Kylo is a character that would take a group effort to really get right, just like Vader was.

You didn't read my blurb closely enough for the First Order Troopers. They get doubled skulls on all figures; Stormtroopers only double against squads. To compensate they cost 1.5x as much per figure.

The Mouse Droid would be super quick & easy to 3D print. The official miniature contains 2 Mouse Droids on one little base and they're basically just a blob of black paint on plastic. And I'm hoping to be involved in your HoSS restructuring in some capacity!
Old March 26th, 2019, 12:27 PM
Archie

Cad Bane is one of my favorite Star Wars designs, though he uses one of my least favorite mechanics (additional cards are required). Go figure. Really though, I think re-using an existing pool of cards (Jabba's common item glyphs) is a smart idea since those cards are already associated with the bounty hunter faction.

Specialized Gear allows Bane to be very adaptable, choosing from the same pool of cards that Jabba the Hutt rewards. You can get a jetpack, +1 melee attack, a minor heal, a thermal detonator, etc.

Shared Equipment shows how Bane commonly put together a team of various bounty hunters during the Clone Wars. 4-LOM, Dengar, and IG-88B all have special attacks that can be shared amongst each other and with other bounty hunters. The combination of Jabba the Hutt, Cad Bane, and the rest of the bounty hunters makes for a potent force!
Old March 28th, 2019, 05:45 PM
Archie

Star Wars Rebels is a great TV show, following many of the plots from Clone Wars while also creating a compelling group of characters on its own. The main characters are referred to as the "Spectres"; they are both a team of Empire-fighting Rebels and a family to each other.

The overall team comes out to equal 460 points. Each member is somewhat weak individually, but together they make a potent force. Their combined point value is low enough to easily incorporate additional Spectres (Rex, Ahsoka, different version of Kanan/Ezra/Sabine) later on. Imperial Assault has some non-painted (expensive) miniatures for these characters, but I'm hopeful a new source of pre-painted Star Wars minis eventually reveals itself.

Star Wars Rebels Cards
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 28th, 2019, 08:47 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Arch-vile's customs: featuring Star Wars

Great ideas here Arch. Imperial assault has miniatures for all of these guys. All in which I own already.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 30th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-vile's customs: featuring Star Wars

Thanks TREX. Eventually I want to get into painting, and Imperial Assault would be perfect for it.

Last of the Star Wars designs for a while: Yuuzhan Vong Warriors! The Vong are an extragalactic race of invaders. Mysteriously, they are living creatures with no connection to the Force at all. They have a complex culture that values pain. Every weapon they use are actually living organisms they bioengineer, from spaceships to the snake-staffs they wield.

The power names are all from the original Yuuzhan Vong Warriors HoSS card (from long before the Episode IV Master Set!), but I changed all of their effects. Droid Hatred is now a negative power, much like Bossk's Wookiee Hatred. Absent From the Force has some weird wording, but I think it accomplishes the thematic link of being Force-immune. Pride in Pain is from one of Sir Heroscape's customs.
Old April 11th, 2019, 04:41 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-vile's customs: my first repaint!

I've taken my first steps into a larger world... of miniature painting. I decided to try painting a green army man figure, so if I messed up it would be no big deal. So meet my proxy for Capt. John Varan. I think he turned out fairly well.

Old April 11th, 2019, 04:58 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

You did a fine job with this repaint. He may be ok for Capt. John Varan.
Old April 11th, 2019, 05:21 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You did a fine job, indeed! One bit of advice from one novice painter to another: washing and drybrushing!

Obviously, an army man isn't the most detailed figure, but I still think a wash would bring that paint job from good to really good (I don't really think drybrushing it would do much, but I dunno).

Quick wash overview: water down some dark paint (dark brown would probably be good for this and most other figures) until it is as thick as milk (that's what I read somewhere and I think it's a very good comparison (do NOT drink the paint to check the consistency, as it will not taste like milk )). Then just dip your brush in and plop the liquidy paint around in the nooks and crannies on the figure. It should gravitate there naturally. You can keep a paper towel ready for if the paint is too thick or you get too much somewhere you don't want it. It should be thin enough that the trace amounts left outside of the nooks are basically unnoticeable once it dries, though.

Believe me: washing is easy and will blow your mind.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards