Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 1st, 2019, 07:00 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps and Scenarios - New Map!? 2/28

Thanks! Yeah, when I was putting the map together in Virtualscape I got about a quarter of the way in and realized how many sets it used. Usually I try to be more conservative (well, nowadays), but I agree that the sets make a really nice aesthetic together.

I'll definitely have to check your thread out when brushing up on gimp again. I tend to forget at least one step when going through it.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 20th, 2019, 08:40 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I done been inspired by the season! Here's a map I've been working on called March. I'm still refining it, but wanted to see if there were any thoughts about it. I think there are some improvements to be made but not quite sure where. So pics!!!

**Slippery Ice**

It's been solid in testing, and I'm happy with the overall design. I'm just looking for some of those final refinements to really give it the polish it deserves. One focus is the highest ground on each hill -- I've positioned things so that most flyers can't hit the highest ground in one move, but on one side single-spacers with 5/6 move can hit the high hexes, which I'm not super jazzed about. Might just be something to accept with the map, and it does leave those figures exposed.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 20th, 2019, 11:08 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Me likey!

You may be already working on this...but you should totally have a map series with all the months...i mean, you've already got 2/12 as it stands

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 21st, 2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Me likey!

You may be already working on this...but you should totally have a map series with all the months...i mean, you've already got 2/12 as it stands
Thanks!

Yeah, I was inspired to make this map while walking to and from campus, originally intending to call it "March Mudways." But then I had the same thought, and decided to just go with "March" and officially start a calendar series. Not sure which I'll do next. My current inspiration is probably July: a battlefield of pure molten lava.

10 Points Under Videos

Old March 30th, 2019, 10:49 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

March looks cool. . Going along with April, will you be making a map for all the other months as well? That'd be a cool idea.

Looking through your maps again, I must say I really like Underdark Rift. Looks like a great RotV/BftU map. I think it's my favorite map you've made so far.

Also like Clever Name - that's a solid 1 RotV map. I like how the middle is basically open but with a dipped Defense Glyph, I think that will provide nice and fresh gameplay. It's a good idea to have two random glyphs on the outside as well, sectioned off by the ruins, that will make activity spread out to the entire map and not just the middle. 1 RotV maps aren't easy to make both balanced and fresh at the same time, but this one definitely keeps it interesting - well done.

Durgeth Falls is also a pretty good one for 1 RotV. Always worrisome to do maps that way with Dragons and AE and such, so I'm not saying it's super balanced, but I like the way it looks and its asymmetry. If you want to make it much more tournament viable I'd suggest making the far side glyph being the Wound Glyph - I think that will fix a lot of the problems I'm seeing in the map at the moment. That's an easy fix.

Ishigaku looks pretty good. I'd make two changes though - I'd reduce the number of glyphs from 5 to 3, and move one into the water adjacent to the sandbar. I'd keep the one in the water on the other side, and the one between the two ruins, and get rid of the other three. Then add one next to the sandbar. That will work much better for it in my opinion.

All in all cool maps it was fun looking through them again. Keep building.
Old April 2nd, 2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
March looks cool. . Going along with April, will you be making a map for all the other months as well? That'd be a cool idea.
Yup, that's the plan! Not sure which I'll do next, but I'll keep developing them as the inspiration comes.
Quote:
Looking through your maps again, I must say I really like Underdark Rift. Looks like a great RotV/BftU map. I think it's my favorite map you've made so far.
I haven't played that one for years. I do remember liking it, but when I've looked at it recently I've feared it's too choked up in the middle. It is one I want to try out again and get a feel for, and maybe upgrade.
Quote:
Also like Clever Name - that's a solid 1 RotV map. I like how the middle is basically open but with a dipped Defense Glyph, I think that will provide nice and fresh gameplay. It's a good idea to have two random glyphs on the outside as well, sectioned off by the ruins, that will make activity spread out to the entire map and not just the middle. 1 RotV maps aren't easy to make both balanced and fresh at the same time, but this one definitely keeps it interesting - well done.
Thanks! It's a simple map but I liked making it. I really need to just play on some of these old maps again. Like I said, it's been years since I've touched a lot of them.
Quote:
Durgeth Falls is also a pretty good one for 1 RotV. Always worrisome to do maps that way with Dragons and AE and such, so I'm not saying it's super balanced, but I like the way it looks and its asymmetry. If you want to make it much more tournament viable I'd suggest making the far side glyph being the Wound Glyph - I think that will fix a lot of the problems I'm seeing in the map at the moment. That's an easy fix.
Haha, yeah... that simpler time when I severely underestimated the power of Dragons and AE (I knew they were good, but didn't realize just how good in the hands of a strong player). Wannok would help a ton, though, and is easy like you said. I'll make that fix next time I have time on a library computer. Thanks!
Quote:
Ishigaku looks pretty good. I'd make two changes though - I'd reduce the number of glyphs from 5 to 3, and move one into the water adjacent to the sandbar. I'd keep the one in the water on the other side, and the one between the two ruins, and get rid of the other three. Then add one next to the sandbar. That will work much better for it in my opinion.
That's a solid suggestion. It should be noted that Ishigaki was made for scenario-specific battles, where the glyphs change for each scenario. But I do really like the map and have had ideas of how to make it into a more traditional 1v1 map, and those glyph suggestions are good. I'll probably use them when I post a normal 1v1 version which has been on my list for a while now.
Quote:
All in all cool maps it was fun looking through them again. Keep building.
Thanks man! That's some really solid feedback, and I'm happy you took the time to deliver some quality comments!

10 Points Under Videos

Old April 8th, 2020, 04:04 PM

Just one short year later, I have my next two calendar maps ready for posting! Yayyy...

February is a map made pretty much strictly for 2v2 games. Pretty sure I never played any 1v1 games on it. I got the inspiration for it around the time that I was playing on maps in preparation for our Utah team tourney that we always have in February. I was mainly hoping to build a map that broke up some of the traditional team play and would reward more flexible and adaptive gameplay. It's ended up with a lot of fun games for me.

February (1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 TT) (Slippery Ice) (Meant for 2v2 games)

October was a fun journey in asymmetrical map-making (February is slightly asymmetrical, but October is more so). It's a concept I've had for a long time, wanting to go for a spooky abandoned building in the woods theme. It took forever to get right, but I like how it turned out. I especially like the aesthetic that the asphalt has spread among the grass (not that I think of it as asphalt on this map). It's also the first in my calendar series to not use the Tundra! Yayyy...

October (1 RotV, 1 MtCB, 1 RttFF) (Be sure to remove the top level of the Warehouse Ruin)

In other news, I finally updated the OP with the build instructions for March, and also added these two guys that I realized I never put into this thread. I built them as possible maps for a free for all Monthly we had last year and have had fun games on them. And with easier access to Virtualscape, I should be able to make some updates on old maps soon as well.

10 Points Under Videos

Old April 8th, 2020, 04:34 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps and Scenarios - Two New Months

I really like October!!! Very cool aesthetic.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 9th, 2020, 12:58 PM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps and Scenarios - Two New Months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I really like October!!! Very cool aesthetic.
Thanks! It's definitely one that I kept leaving up just a little longer because of how nice it looks.

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 10th, 2021, 06:18 PM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps and Scenarios - New Map and a Half

New map plus a revision. Cool thing about revisiting old calendar maps is that it makes for a fun naming convention to follow. (But no I'm not going to make 365 versions of 12 maps.)

March 2nd (1 SotM, 1 TT) (Slippery Ice)

August (1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 VW)

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 10th, 2021, 10:15 PM

Simple but fun. I really like these builds.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 15th, 2021, 09:00 PM

PixiePieRy knows what's in an order marker PixiePieRy knows what's in an order marker PixiePieRy knows what's in an order marker

Love the variety of map outline shapes you have!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios