Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Old January 22nd, 2018, 01:12 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Another expansion

Here is a link to an article on the new line produced by Wizkids.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 10:37 AM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Here is a link to an article on the new line produced by Wizkids.
I'm kinda excited for this. Even if the game turns out boring the minis could be used for making customs, whether for heroscape or aotp, especially the creature token minis.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 02:32 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

I hate when they tease stuff without pics lol Thanks for sharing! I play a lot of Magic, so I'm interested to see how they're gonna make a Euro-style game...
Old January 24th, 2018, 04:03 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

The writing was pretty much on the wall. Innistrad came out early with no advertising. There was a year of silence. Then both main sets ended up at discount retailers over the holidays for as low as $5.
Old January 24th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I spent like $30 on the first expansion when it came out.
Old January 25th, 2018, 01:25 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I payed full retail for everything when it initially came out, but I also picked up a second copy of both Master Sets for $5 each. I got a handful of extras too and gave them to some of my friends.

When I was picking up my comics today I noticed someone had special ordered the first set from them and they were holding it behind the counter. They charge $40 still.
Old March 18th, 2019, 01:59 PM

TheTravelingScaper is surprisingly tart

I have been offline for awhile and I figured I'd ask despite not wanting to. AotP is pretty much dead (or has been for some point ) at this point right? Personally its a shame as most of the games mechanics such as common units or possible terrain ideas were not fully realized got scrapped. Makes me wonder how they would have handled artifacts , silver treasure glyphs I'd think. Oh well.

Missing 24 Units until I have 1 of everything. Missing stuff from waves 4,7,8,9,10,13 AA,Skahen Brown & Woo
My Tradeslist : http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51248
Old March 26th, 2019, 01:57 AM

Skyver knows what's in an order marker Skyver knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelingScaper View Post
I have been offline for awhile and I figured I'd ask despite not wanting to. AotP is pretty much dead (or has been for some point ) at this point right? Personally its a shame as most of the games mechanics such as common units or possible terrain ideas were not fully realized got scrapped. Makes me wonder how they would have handled artifacts , silver treasure glyphs I'd think. Oh well.
I feel the same way. Lots of untapped potential.

It's not officially cancelled, as far as I know. But at the same time, no new products have been announced or teased in quite some time. And the game hasn't even been mentioned by any of wizard's PR advertising. So it seems unlikely that we will see anything new. The player-base is also fairly small at this point (understandably).

I think Wizards made a mistake by not going all in... They were perhaps too hesitant to really invest their resources into it, which led to a lack of content, which in turn led to the game's inevitable downfall.
Old March 26th, 2019, 08:35 AM

TheTravelingScaper is surprisingly tart

Well history repeats itself. People boycotted them when they discontinued Heroscape. Had AOTP garnered the success the original did , they'd have a few less customers buying stuff and it would seem odd to say the least. Heck back in 2010 , i could barely afford a RotV and that was all i had. I lurked here then and couldn't afford much else. Never really knew that heroscape boycotts were a thing . Thank Wikipedia for that gem of knowledge . Gives the fan-base a new level of dedication actually. Allow me to quote : " After taking over Heroscape, Wizards of the Coast issued new products with a Dungeons and Dragons theme (another of their product lines). This change was reported to be intended to reduce production costs, but existing players saw it as an attempt to convert players away from Heroscape to D&D. On November 3, 2010, Wizards of the Coast announced that they would be discontinuing production of Heroscape products, supposedly in favor of focusing on their core games: Dungeons & Dragons and Magic: The Gathering. This caused an instant backlash in the Heroscape community, including petitions and threats of boycotts. Despite the lack of official production for several years, the game remains popular, with a strong and dedicated community, regular tournaments, and user-created content." (Wikipedia) It just seems so out of left field even for Wizards as MTG is one of their IPs to make a game system with some intent to see competitive use and suddenly stop refining the system and leaving crucial holes in the rules like common squads that (if I'm not mistaken don't exist specifically in AOTP). It's something that I don't think under normal circumstances the staff at Wizards would do.

Missing 24 Units until I have 1 of everything. Missing stuff from waves 4,7,8,9,10,13 AA,Skahen Brown & Woo
My Tradeslist : http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51248
Old March 26th, 2019, 10:22 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Looks like a golden opportunity for.a. custom group.
Old March 27th, 2019, 12:02 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Looks like a golden opportunity for.a. custom group.
Heroes of the Planeswalkers!!!!

I think it would be a pretty good hit. I know there are plenty of magic fans out there that would love to flesh this out.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 27th, 2019, 12:19 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I've always thought that a C3V/C3G-styled group would be a good fit for Arena of the Planeswalkers. If there's enough support for it, it would definitely be the best avenue to continue the Arena game for anyone who wants to.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News