Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 18th, 2019, 11:12 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
...Although Deathwalkers really should be running with ZI's at this point...
Agreed. Let Deathwalkers be Deathwalkers. Just because ZI exist doesn't mean we have to try to kill them with every defense-ignoring power.
Completely agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Because of the Deathwalkers, many auto-wound powers are limited to small/medium only. I don't think it would be too rough on the shadows to follow that precedent here.
Or limit it to squad figures only, since squad-killing power is what drove the power in the first place. I could see either way, though small/medium is probably stronger theme-wise.
I should clarify what I said here, because I didn't speak carefully:

As Scytale alluded to, many auto-wound powers are S/M only. I think some of those don't have a great thematic justification, and are really only a carve-out to protect Deathwalkers.

Because the Zettian Infantry exist in the VC canon, I have no issue with thematic auto-wound powers that apply to all sizes. That's not carte blanche to extend every power conceivable to large and huge figures, but I think it is an invitation to avoid unthematic carve-outs.

In this case, I think a small/medium restriction makes sense. Or a squad/common restriction, as Bigga suggested. That's extra thematic.
Old March 18th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airballshooter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'd like to see Advanced Tactical Switch take place after moving and before attacking to give it a defined point in the turn (but still let you position him first), and require clear sight from your figure to Creese to activate the switch.
The reason i didnt do it, is that i wanted to give him this tricky flavor. This way i can move an enemy out of the way so can walk there without getting engaged. or i can move the enemy out of range after i attacked him. If i would limit it to after moving some cool interactions wouldn't excist.
Order of operations is important in heroscape, as it is in any turn based game. The SoV does not like abilities that don't make the order of things clear. You could do "Before or after moving" or you could do "Before or after attacking", but if you try to do both, you're going to receive a lot of push back, and they likely wouldn't accept the design. I would recommend "Before or after moving". This allows the traditional switch for height advantage that the Warforged Soldiers have.
Exactly this. The Heroscape ruleset just isn't robust enough to handle an "at any point" power.
Old March 18th, 2019, 03:33 PM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

Alright, i changed Creese to 2 defense but i increased his life by 1. i also changed his cost to 100. i edited the text so it requires line of sight and "any point during your turn" got replaced with "before or after moving".

the thing that i really dont like right now is, that i searched for a warforgy figure that could fit since he is rare these days. the only ones i found are Doctor Doom minis from Heroclix. not sure if that is something that could be used(maybe even the HS version, tyrian the kyrie warrior is a HS figure as well). if Dr. Doom is ok, he doesnt have a crossbow anymore and he is more like a mage guy but thats fine for me.
Old March 18th, 2019, 04:08 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm far from a D&D expert and others may know more about what can classify as a Warforged, but something along these lines looks like a fine fit for one of them to me:

This sculpt itself seems to be rare/expensive online to me so it shouldn't be used, but I think that it's a good example of something that fits HeroScape without looking too much like Doctor Doom. He isn't as recognizable as Spider-Man or some of the other superheroes, but it could still look a little weird to see something iconic clearly from another franchise being used to represent a normal HeroScape unit. I believe that the Book of the Zettian Infantry talks about this problem a little bit.

HeroClix minis do generally have a good availability, and we already have Heirloom as a magic-using Warforged. I think it'll come down to the judges' and C3V's preferences for whether a Doctor Doom miniature can fit the Warforged aesthetic and isn't too distractingly recognizable as Doctor Doom himself.

As for the HeroScape version itself, I'd love for it to be used personally since it's already based and many of us own it already, but the bright green cloak might clash a little bit and I thought that you could see the skin around his eyes. The availability for HeroScape sets also isn't as high as they were back when Tyrian was approved, which might be another problem.
Old March 18th, 2019, 04:21 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Eh... Doctor Doom is pretty well-known. I addition to that, we have an official 'Scape Doom.
Old March 19th, 2019, 09:51 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Exactly this. The Heroscape ruleset just isn't robust enough to handle an "at any point" power.
Not with that attitude:

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 19th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Not with that attitude:
Spoiler Alert!
Trample Stomp still has text dictating where it belongs during the turn. Specifically "at any point while moving". Advanced Tactical Switch could be given a similar wording of "at any point while moving" and we would know, this action takes place during the movement phase of the turn. It also wouldn't really function any differently than just using "before or after Moving" since it's not an attack, and it doesn't wound anything.
Old March 19th, 2019, 03:43 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree with Leaf_It here. "At any point" in the turn is very different from "at any point while moving," and I suspect that Scytale was referring to the former interpretation's potential to disrupt the normal structure of a turn in HeroScape.

That said, there is some tactical flexibility to be had in doing a power that can be activated at any point during movement, instead of only before or afterwards, since it would let Creese move forward a couple of spaces, activate the switch, and then move elsewhere (a previous version of C3V's Morgan's Riflemen actually did something similar). These cases would be fairly rare and niche, though, so I'd personally prefer to just keep it simple with a "before or after moving" timeframe for the switch.
Old March 19th, 2019, 04:34 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm far from a D&D expert and others may know more about what can classify as a Warforged, but something along these lines looks like a fine fit for one of them to me:

This sculpt itself seems to be rare/expensive online to me so it shouldn't be used, but I think that it's a good example of something that fits HeroScape without looking too much like Doctor Doom. He isn't as recognizable as Spider-Man or some of the other superheroes, but it could still look a little weird to see something iconic clearly from another franchise being used to represent a normal HeroScape unit. I believe that the Book of the Zettian Infantry talks about this problem a little bit.

HeroClix minis do generally have a good availability, and we already have Heirloom as a magic-using Warforged. I think it'll come down to the judges' and C3V's preferences for whether a Doctor Doom miniature can fit the Warforged aesthetic and isn't too distractingly recognizable as Doctor Doom himself.

As for the HeroScape version itself, I'd love for it to be used personally since it's already based and many of us own it already, but the bright green cloak might clash a little bit and I thought that you could see the skin around his eyes. The availability for HeroScape sets also isn't as high as they were back when Tyrian was approved, which might be another problem.
Doom is pretty iconic, but the sheer ragginess of the robes makes that figure in particular barely look like Doom. Seeing him as a Warforged Wizard wouldn't bother me, personally.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 19th, 2019, 04:37 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

If you threw that on a regular heroscape base it would probably look quite Warforged. I think.
Old March 19th, 2019, 04:54 PM

Yeah, that figure was fairly high on the quick Google image search that I did of HeroClix Doctor Doom miniatures, and I thought that it was a good example of something that looks pretty distinct from Doctor Doom himself. If there's a cheaper and more common sculpt that's similar, then I think that the idea could work quite well.
Old March 19th, 2019, 05:51 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

That's the Doctor Doom from Marvel's Ultimate Comics line. Goat legs are a giveaway. He doesn't have any other minis. Unlikely to get any anytime soon, since the Ultimate line is retired and Marvel restricts minis for Fantastic Four characters.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards