Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old March 1st, 2019, 01:26 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: VirtualScape 1.070 available

I was just able to get the High Quality Rendering option to work for me in VS on Windows 10. My fix was to go get my driver directly from the video adapter manufacturer (AMD in my case). I swapped drivers and now I'm rendering HQ! Pretty excited! Hopefully this'll work for others.
Old March 4th, 2019, 11:37 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
I was just able to get the High Quality Rendering option to work for me in VS on Windows 10. My fix was to go get my driver directly from the video adapter manufacturer (AMD in my case). I swapped drivers and now I'm rendering HQ! Pretty excited! Hopefully this'll work for others.
Can you expand on this?

I'm glad it worked out for you!
Old March 7th, 2019, 09:55 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Can you expand on this?

I'm glad it worked out for you!
Absolutely! Use devicehunt.com to find your exact graphics card/chip. When you have that, go to the manufacturer's website (AMD, Intel, Nvidia, etc) under their drivers/support page and downloaded the driver for the correct graphics card/chip you found you have using devicehunt.com. When the new drivers are downloaded, go to the Windows Device Manager and uninstall the old drivers (under Display Adapters). After that you can install the new drivers from the manufacturers website (sometimes you may have to restart after uninstalling/installing drivers. Hope it works!
Old March 8th, 2019, 03:25 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

So I gave it a shot, and it appears do have done something.

Previously, if I clicked "high quality", the image would just render in black, with start zones as their normal color.

Now, the progress bar loads (slowly if I have depth of field checked), and it flashes a few displays on the screen (9 to be precise). When it finishes, the only thing it shows is a blank screen.

So different than normal, but not fixed.

EDIT: I don't think I downloaded the correct drivers. The latest one from Intel (which supports OpenGL) can't be installed on my Windows machine for some reason. Something about Microsoft customizing their drivers. And of course the latest Microsoft version of the driver seems to not support OpenGL.

Last edited by superfrog; March 8th, 2019 at 04:47 PM.
Old March 8th, 2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:

Previously, if I clicked "high quality", the image would just render in black, with start zones as their normal color.

Now, the progress bar loads (slowly if I have depth of field checked), and it flashes a few displays on the screen (9 to be precise). When it finishes, the only thing it shows is a blank screen.

EDIT: I don't think I downloaded the correct drivers. The latest one from Intel (which supports OpenGL) can't be installed on my Windows machine for some reason. Something about Microsoft customizing their drivers. And of course the latest Microsoft version of the driver seems to not support OpenGL.
Well crap! It was definitely OpenGL giving me the issues originally. I wonder if maybe there's an older driver you could roll back to that still supports it? No computer expert unfortunately. If I see anything that might help I'll post an update.
Old March 8th, 2019, 06:57 PM
This is merely a joke.

What graphics card do you have?
Old March 8th, 2019, 10:24 PM

Radeon HD 7730
Old March 10th, 2019, 09:37 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Happened to me a few times... when I tried to set every "High Quality rendering" options at max. ^^ Try lowering the settings for the HQ Rendering ... maybe.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old March 11th, 2019, 11:14 PM
This is merely a joke.

Here's what I'm getting now:

Old March 17th, 2019, 07:13 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Disable shadows, to see if you can get at least something usable...

What is your hardware configuration ? (any GPU ?)

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 12:45 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Here's what I'm getting now:

Hey superfrog!

I'd love to know how you eventually solved this problem. I'm trying to put VirtualScape on a new computer and I'm getting the exact same problem you described earlier when I try to render a HD image (everything except the start zones is pitch black). I have also noticed that VS looks so much darker in color on this new machine.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old June 1st, 2020, 11:46 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I don't have mod power here. Admins!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software