Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

View Poll Results: Are you enjoying/involved in watching my battle reports?
Not at all 1 1.32%
They're alright 5 6.58%
I like em 11 14.47%
Great job, I watch em 23 30.26%
Love em! Look forward to each new video. 38 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 28th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's Battle Reports - YouTube Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Really loved the heroes only battle!
Thanks! Yeah that one was pretty nuts...I'm still licking my wounds from that one

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 28th, 2017, 03:17 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not sure if you have any thoughts on expanding but some resource videos could be cool. Maybe do a lesson on map building and pick a few hot topics that come up in the ARV during reviews. I've seen a lot of conversations and it could be educational for some to see examples of why certain things work and other don't. Not saying full games but perhaps small demo's explaining stuff. A short piece on how LOS blockers can be effective and how they are not.

Basically a briefing on what aspects help a map be more balanced.

I thought your "MAP CONTROL" video was going to be a strategy video and that is where I got the idea.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 28th, 2017, 04:32 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I thought the same thing. I would really like some strategy videos.
Old November 28th, 2017, 06:29 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Not sure if you have any thoughts on expanding but some resource videos could be cool. Maybe do a lesson on map building and pick a few hot topics that come up in the ARV during reviews. I've seen a lot of conversations and it could be educational for some to see examples of why certain things work and other don't. Not saying full games but perhaps small demo's explaining stuff. A short piece on how LOS blockers can be effective and how they are not.

Basically a briefing on what aspects help a map be more balanced.

I thought your "MAP CONTROL" video was going to be a strategy video and that is where I got the idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
I thought the same thing. I would really like some strategy videos.
hmmm....yeah I'll really have to think about that in order to make it useful...really good idea thanks

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 13th, 2018, 02:32 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Hey, been watching your videos while I do work at work and it's nice! I'm a new player myself and just wanted to say thanks and looking forward for more videos!
Old June 13th, 2018, 11:06 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Sir Heroscape video's was the reason I decided to the Heroscapers site. The first video that I watched was the Triple Header at the Jingle Bell Bash.
Old June 14th, 2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjKniteX View Post
Hey, been watching your videos while I do work at work and it's nice! I'm a new player myself and just wanted to say thanks and looking forward for more videos!
Hey thanks! I really appreciate that. I’m glad you enjoy them. I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus from the videos since I’ve been finishing up my last semester of school. I graduate in July so I’ll be back up and running then with weekly videos.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 14th, 2018, 11:40 AM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjKniteX View Post
Hey thanks! I really appreciate that. I’m glad you enjoy them. I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus from the videos since I’ve been finishing up my last semester of school. I graduate in July so I’ll be back up and running then with weekly videos.
oh congratulations! If you by any chance have a spare master set lying around, I would be happy to take it off your hands
Old March 1st, 2019, 02:05 AM

I've kind of abandoned this thread since it became just too much work to keep it updated on a regular basis, but I've got to write down the story of my cousin and I's victory this last weekend, as it was EPIC!

Details for the format can be found HERE. Lets just say, that we expected there to be a lot of cheese and we knew we'd have to bring something that could handle just about anything. I knew how powerful Nilfeim could be when paired with Greenscales, but then when you add in the sheer strength of knights and Gilbert holding the frontline, things start to look really good. So, we settled on Knights X3 and Gilbert for my army and Nilfeim, Greenies X2, Marcu and Isamu for my cousin @Saints_Wrath 's army.

Round #1 - Desperado (Valda, Dagmar)

vs @AlphaDasher & BetaDasher
Venom, Krav Maga Agents, Guilty McCreech, Deathreavers x1
Major Q9, Krug, Eldgrim
I'll be honest, when we saw the matchup we were really worried. But, we sat back and took our time to discuss strategy. To begin, we determined that Deathreavers would be a non-issue per Nilfeim's special, but Q9 and Venom would be the most difficult. We decided I'd try and take the brunt of attacks while Nilf kept his distance and avoided getting engaged (Venom and Krug like engagements). The game started off with me developing knights and Nilf picking off 3 Rats out of the gates. Meanwhile Q9 sent in potshots taking out 2 knights early. Grabbing the move glyph for my knights was BIG because using the dispatch, move glyph AND road I was able to engage Q9 with a Knight and start getting off attacks while more Knights followed their way in. The game was really hard because I determined that I needed to focus all efforts on Q9 in order to knock him out early and pick up points. But, Q9 survived about 20 attacks before going down and many of them from height and buffed by Gilbert. I will say that the move glyph and Initiative came in big allowing my Knights the freedom to maneuver and making sure I started each round. While I was busy, Nilf was hopping around with Venom and killing off Krav. Unfortunately, Venom hits really hard and Nilf can only take so much. Nilf went down mid-game at which point it was looking pretty scary. I will say though that while I was attacking Q9, they switched OM's over to Krug to try and get him in the fray to do some smashing. But, some people don't know how to kill Krug. The key is to focus on him when you're ready and you have max attacks, otherwise, ignore him. Krug came in and tried to disengage from my knights but I refused to roll for the disengage attacks. This BAFFLED my opponents. They were looking so happy and smug to disengage on knights and get buffed just to smash more units. I simply declined to roll disengages and Krug did a measly attack of 2, effectually nerfing their turns with him. I was busy with q9 and after finishing him, then surrounded Krug and with buffed Knights on height and Gilbert took him out after 3 turns of attacks with minimal damage received (2-3 dead knights). It was at this point that we had 10min left for the game and we realized we were still behind in points. We determined that Venom was too hard to kill and we hadn't done any wounds to him yet anyway, so we focused all OM's of my cousin on Isamu who while my knights were busy, we had him run straight through the front lines and start attacking their cleaners in the startzone. Gilbert was able to get there as well and help buff Isamu's attacks to kill the last Krav, 1-hit kill Eldgrim and then finish off Guilty. Isamu killed ~100pts for us at the end in order to give us the win on points. Venom and a rat were all that was left and we had enough squaddies and heroes to take the day. Phew!

1-0

Round #2 - Strider (Valda, Ulaniva)

vs Tye & Adam
Charos, Raelin, Izumi Samurai
Iskra, Rechets of Bogdan, Black Wyrmling x1, Red Wyrmling x2, Krav
This matchup worried us just because of the sheer counterstrike potential of Charos and Izumi's backed by Raelin, as well as the Krav. But after talking it over we realized that their strategy would be to simply sit Charos and Izumi's in Raelin's aura and wait for us to attack. So, we determined that we'd ignore Charos and Izumi's, running around them if we could, until we'd taken out Raelin. Then we'd focus all our efforts on Charos. This game Gilbert and Knights were underestimated by our opponent and they quickly saw the hurt they can bring. Again, road, dispatch and movement glyph make knights scary and by turn 3 of the first round I was able to maneuver through and engage 2 Krav and kill 1. This left OM placement on them moot, and forced the opponents turns elsewhere. Mean while Nilf was hiding behind Knights and Greenies, taking pot shots at Raelin, Iskra and Izumis. He was pestering them so much, my Knights were able to speed around back and clean up the startzone, killing the last of the 1 opponents figures. I was able to engage Raelin on the back 3-hex and clean her out with little resistance. Then it was down to Charos vs about 2.5 squads of knights and Nilfeim with almost all Greenies. Charos found height, but Knights were buffed by Gilbert and though he did the occasional counterstrikes, attacks from Knights AND Nilfeim were able to put the King to rest.

2-0

Round #3 - Can't see the jungle (Wannock, ?)

vs @DewNoHarm & DaughterDew
Cathar Spearmen x3, Kelda
Braxas, Kozil
This was a scary matchup because Cathar's are friggin' good, and they especially like KoW who have to get engaged with them. That and when they're backed by Acid melting Dragons, they tend to do pretty good. But, I think the map was the deciding factor here. This map separated Cathar's in a not-so-good way, and Nilfeim was able to shoot at AND kill 3 on turn 1. Meanwhlie Braxas melted 3 Greenscales in return on turn 1, but the damage had been done on the Cathar's. The rest of the game the cathar's just couldn't get enough traction to get multiple attacks in and develop into the fight because Nilf would keep popping them off on their way in. Braxas was doing her fair share of work, but because of Gilbert's dispatch I was able to move and support Nilf much faster than the Cathar's could to Braxas and we took her out just about the time Cathar's just started to make it in. At that point it was just a matter of time as we had a major push early and they just never really recovered.

3-0

Round #4 (Championship) - Draugur (Wannock, Ulaniva)

vs @Jazack & @Isak
Captain America, 4th Massachusetts Line x2
Sonlen, Kelda, Marcu, Bol, Isamu, Otonashi
This was the championship game, and we had to face Capt America and 4th... S#$%!
This matchup really scared us. Even with our higher figure count, we knew what Cap could do and 4th are no joke. That said, we determined to play this like we did in round 2 with Charos and try to ignore Cap until he was the last figure on the board when we could focus all efforts on him. We decided we needed to take out the 4th first AND FAST. We primarily decided that Nilf would be key to this while i just plugged up lanes and tried to hold the frontline. We also determined that we'd need to kill off Sonlen and Kelda next so that we wouldn't waste time and attacks on Cap just to have him healed back again.

The game started off with me developing my Knights extremely fast out of the startzone (getting 5 symbols on a dispatch) which really helped us establish our position on the map much earlier than our opponents (and meanwhile I snuck a knight over to capture wannock). Jazack rolled out 4th, and originally we were going to have Nilfeim wait and sit behind Knights before attacking, but the 4th were positioned so that Nilf could fly in and get off 3 attacks, stay out of engagement reach of Cap and fly back if need be. We decided the faster we got rid of 4th, the better. It worked. Nilf froze those 3 4th Mass, setting back his development and attack potential. Cap did get a shield throw off on Nilf, dealing 1 wound, but we promptly flew Nilf back again out of the reach and behind Knights to remain safe at the end of the round. Wannock forced Jazack to kill a 4th Mass (only 4 left) The 2nd round consisted of me setting up shop to hold the frontline while Nilf continued to take pot shots at incoming 4th. 4th got engaged by knights as well and they all went down by the end of Round 2. Step 1 complete! Now that 4th were gone, we could start forcing Wannock wounds on Cap...yesssss! Round 3 was intense. Cap got full OM's and charged into the teeth of the Knights. This was actually a huge shift in the game. Because they thought that engaging Cap would force me to attack and get killed on his counterstrike and then Cap could shield throw and wipe more out. BUT, my cousin and I determined that the BEST strategy for me was to surround Cap with my knights and to NOT ATTACK! I kid you not. There are very few times were strategically it is better to just sit and do nothing, but that's what we determined. We realized that attacking Cap would be futile because 1) he could counterstrike and 2) then he could shield throw even more of my knights and 3) there were still healers to deal with. So when they ran in Cap to engage all my knights, we decided that we'd just sit and engage and trust their defense. Luckily there were 2 on height and 1 on Shadow so rolling 5 def was pretty nice. While I kept filling and replacing (because even with their great defense, I was losing 1 knight per Cap's turn) my knights, Nilf flew over top and started taking out Sonlen and Kelda. unfortunately Kelda healed Sonlen again, and Sonlen healed cap from his Wannock wound, so it took us longer than we expected to take him out. After 3 turns, sonlen went down. At that point though, Cap was wittling down my knights to the final 6 or so and I was worried we wouldn't have enough if Nilf didn't come over and start attacking him. But, that meant we were leaving Kelda. So, we decided that we'd fly Nilf over onto height, next to Gilbert (base 6 attack +1 for height +1 for Gilbert) and we had pretty good chances of taking out Cap. BUT, if we did that, then we'd have to completely surround Cap so that Kelda literally couldn't get through to him to heal him. With the help of both Knights and Greenscales we did just that. It was scary because Cap hit pretty hard back, but after 3 attacks of 8 down on Cap, Nilf final finished the Marvel Hero! It was a glorious moment. From that point on, it was simply cleanup for the remainder of Kelda and fillers. It was an intense game. Big keys were holding Wannock throughout, getting initiative when we needed it, and being VERY methodical and careful in our strategy and implementation. We played this game perfectly and trusted our strategy, and while me spending more than 3 full turns NOT ATTACKING seems like the dumbest idea ever, there's no doubt in my mind we would have lost that game had I attacked. We would have lost too many figures on our own turns and left Cap free to roam. Doing what we did ensured we locked him up while taking care of everyone else and then we could focus our attacks on him. It was a great game, and it felt pretty great to kill Capt America and 4th Mass! It can be done!

4-0 = Champions!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 19th, 2019, 06:42 AM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

That was a really good read. Well played
Old November 20th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was thinking about trying out the Titans game that you played with your father, but turning it into a 2 vs 2 game. I know it was a few years ago, but any thoughts on if you would do anything differently? I know your father had terrible rolls in that game. I was going to give the Titans a few more points to make up for the multiple attacks that the bonding squads get.

Here are the teams I was thinking about, any thoughts?

Team 1

Romans Legion x4 - 200
Roman Archers x3 - 165
Marcus - 100
MBS - 50
Total - 515

Team 2

Knights of W x 4 - 280
Sir Gilbert - 105
Sir Denrik - 100
Eldgrim - 30
Total - 515

VS

Titans 1

Jotun 225
Frost Giant 140
Krug 120
Torin 120
Total - 605

Titans 2

Bramcephys - 230
Hydra - 120
Wo-Sa-Ga - 135
Ice Elemental - 130
Total - 615
Old November 20th, 2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
I was thinking about trying out the Titans game that you played with your father, but turning it into a 2 vs 2 game. I know it was a few years ago, but any thoughts on if you would do anything differently? I know your father had terrible rolls in that game. I was going to give the Titans a few more points to make up for the multiple attacks that the bonding squads get.

Yeah, the main thing I wish I'd done was give him higher points. I beat him with minimum casualties, so I think I would have given him more points. I also probably should have given him 2-3 hydras since their multiple attacks would have helped balance the playing field. You might even give the Titans army 1 or 2 more baddies since the squad armies will be quite strong...and Titans should have a significant points advantage anyway...their Titans afterall!

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports