Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 20th, 2017, 12:06 AM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart
Any good maps?

Would anyone be so kind as to point me to any maps they know of using heroscape, specifically built for AOTP? I found that the average competitive heroscape maps were too small because of the summoning.
Old July 20th, 2017, 10:14 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Any good maps?

Check out the Herosape and Magic:AotP Cryptolith Map Contest I had, which mixed maps/terrain from both games.

For all heroscape maps, check out:
Old July 20th, 2017, 10:57 AM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart

Thanks lefton4ya! I'll definitely try out some of those cryptolith maps.
Old September 5th, 2017, 11:40 PM

Winin Woo who?

Thanks! I played a bunch of Heroscape back before I had kids, and I've saved it all. Recently my oldest got into Magic, so I got AotP and we tried it out. She and her friend loved it, so I'm looking forward it building cool maps again. The terrain is what I loved most about Heroscape, and I quite enjoy the AotP additions to the base game.
Old December 12th, 2017, 09:57 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It would be nice to have an area to list other map idea for mixing the mats with heroscape.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 12th, 2017, 12:27 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
It would be nice to have an area to list other map idea for mixing the mats with heroscape.
That's exactly what I was just looking for. I wanted to find an idea for a map for a travel kit using the cardboard bases and heroscape tiles on top of those.
Old October 28th, 2018, 10:58 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
That's exactly what I was just looking for. I wanted to find an idea for a map for a travel kit using the cardboard bases and heroscape tiles on top of those.

Exactly what I'm looking to do. I'm creating a travel case for my son with the cardboard maps and I have a small section of the case reserved for tiles and other objects.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 28th, 2018, 01:27 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I’ve been considering mixing the AOTP cardboards with Scape hexes for a while, but still haven’t done it. I think primarily because of the lack of support and/or widespread use.

I believe a little over a month ago I was looking at LO4Y’s contest maps, they look nice! I think one of the reasons I never really bit on it was because there was no PDFs (AOTP mats are not virtualscape friendly...) Although, I think when making a PDF for an AOTP + scape mixed map in VS, one could always hold CTRL and select/highlight any/all tiles that would be replaced by the AOTP mat. I think I remember this being reflected in the VS-generated map building guide.

I’d love to see some fair, competitive maps made of an AOTP terrain set and 1/2 MS or 1 expansion, but we’d still have to get easy-to-follow build instructions...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion