Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:40 PM

Avenger has disabled reputation
wait, I have to change that statement. I liked order markers(see my battle report). Although whether or not my only friend who plays Heroscape with me likes them remains to be seen. If he doesn't, then no order markers it is.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 09:12 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Custom Rule we use in the Tree Town Open & Forest Frenzy HS tournaments is:

Any figure adjacent to a tree may roll an additional defense die when being attacked by a non-adjacent figure.

This just add a little more strategy to the game and takes just a bit of clot away from the range units without changing the game too much. This even has some logic as if it were a real tree the warrior could hide in between the branchs and they could offer a little cover from an any attack from a distance. When a figure does battle adjacent to you a tree may be of no value and thus no extra defense dice. I like the special rule and what would you expect at tournament called Tree Town Open located in Forest City [/b]

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old August 23rd, 2006, 09:26 PM

theats has disabled reputation
none of my friends use em, so i get used to not usin um

Theophilus.
Old August 29th, 2006, 01:31 AM

LoneDragon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
We play with cover rules, when at least half of a figure isn't visible, it gets +1 Def.

Also sparkly water tiles are deep water, normal rules. Solid water tiles are shallow, 2 movement per tile.

I only drink the blood of my enemies, and occasionally a strawberry yoohoo.

Good Trades: R˙chean, Vydar, kboleen, Hahma
Old August 30th, 2006, 12:38 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
My group's house rule for snow and ice is as follows:

-we use all printed rules EXCEPT the one about flying units paying an extra move point when they land

-we roll for ice break when a figure stops it's movement on an ice space....large and huge figures suffer penalites to this roll and thus have a greater chance of death

-falling damage onto snow is greatly reduced....no damage for falls that would require one attack die, one die for falls that would require two, and a decreased chance of auto-death from extreme falls

-falling onto ice suffers normal fall damage, but also instantly triggers an ice break roll
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:34 PM

Heroscape-man has disabled reputation
I dont know about not moving in water but i play that you can attack then move instead of just moving then attacking.

Llooking for sir hawthorne. PM
me if u can help.
Old May 19th, 2009, 04:14 PM

CKAnderson Woo who?
Re: Custom rules

Here are my custom rules:

Height Advantage – The official Heroscape rules for height advantage applies only to adjacent units.

Flanking – A defending unit is considered flanked if two attacking units are adjacent to the defending unit, but not adjacent to each other. Each attacking unit receives an additional hit die for attack.

Cover – A defending unit is considered behind cover if more than 50% of it’s body is concealed from the attacker’s line-of-sight. Disputes are resolved by the attacker and defender rolling a die. The defending unit receives an additional hit die for defense.

Road Movement – The cost to move on to a road hex to a road square is ˝ a movement point.

Swamp Movement – The cost to move on to a swamp hex is 2 movement points. A unit can always move onto a swamp hex as its final movement.

Water Movement – The cost to move on to a water hex is 4 movement points. A unit can always move onto a water hex as its final movement.

Squeeze – Big characters can squeeze through small openings that are at least half the size of the character, provided they end their movement on a square they can normally occupy.

Force – A unit can use 1 Force point to reroll his dice. A unit can use 1 Force point to move 2 additional hexes. A unit can only use the Force once during his turn.

Movement – A unit can attack and then move, or move and then attack.
Old March 20th, 2019, 09:54 PM

quizzcode is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAnderson View Post

Force – A unit can use 1 Force point to reroll his dice. A unit can use 1 Force point to move 2 additional hexes. A unit can only use the Force once during his turn.

How many forces per unit ? When does it refill ?

I like the "Movement – A unit can attack and then move, or move and then attack."
But... Engagement still works right ? So it would be useful only if you kill the enemy. Correct ?
Old March 22nd, 2019, 10:06 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizzcode View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAnderson View Post

How many forces per unit ? When does it refill ?

I like the "Movement – A unit can attack and then move, or move and then attack."
But... Engagement still works right ? So it would be useful only if you kill the enemy. Correct ?
This is a 10 yr old necro. and he hasnt been on since 2012. The force points were for his star wars customs as it seems. If you are playing with regular LEAs then they would still attack you.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 22nd, 2019, 05:10 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

This just goes to show that there has been immense amounts of great ideas and thoughts that have proliferated thru this community and game. It's great that @quizzcode has rehashed something from some time ago.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions