Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 17th, 2022, 09:14 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Mister Fantastic (Visionary) - Design

I think reversing it would be way easier. So start off at Range 8, he can subtract to add to Move, subtract 4 or more and he gains Flying.

I don’t see a need for a cap personally.
Old August 17th, 2022, 06:04 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Didn’t get any resistance to dropping “Mister Fantastic” in favor of just Reed Richards. Alright to make that change?

Mini-wise, if the desire is for a mini that is of a special Reed, and for one with a beard, the “Reed Richards, Fixer of Universes” mini does both (first one in the bottom row).
You can make complete matching Heroclix F4 teams with all of the costumes except that one, and it is based on his look in Secret Wars (2015), where Reed, Black Panther and Namor take on God Emperor Doom.
Only issue is it’s on the pricier side, $16-25 on average due to being a chase figure. Hopefully it will keep going down though.

As far as Fantastic Contingency and the theme of pushing too far one way and being punished for it, if they lose initiative they still lose their inventions, lose their bonding, and Doctor Strange might be wounding one of the team and can’t teleport. They’re still punished. And if they’re re-arranging OMs, its because they are not in an ideal situation and need to make best with what they have. Seems exactly like what Reed would do, and the right thing for the no.1 or 2 guy in the Illuminati. He’s their most “hope for the best, plan for the worst” guy.

Making it yet another way to boost initiative feels a little unexciting and too one-note for a team comprised of people meant to represent the combined expertise of many diverse fields.
Having played Illuminati a lot, I’ve gone enough games where for whatever reason, be it luck, the opposing team, or multiplayer, I couldn’t seem to nab initiative, and it always feels like the team needed something else to do when that happens.

On the question of why do the invention glyphs return to the pool when losing initiative, admittedly its more gamey than straight theme, but there’s room to interpret why that might be happening. The tech teleporting in these inventions might be unstable, or operating through a limited window of time. They might be sent back to the lab to recharge, or it could be a precaution to prevent them from falling into enemy hands, as glyphs tend to go flying.
I’m for sure open to reducing swingyness of power level, but doesn’t seem difficult to keep track of, only being +1 or -all once per round.

I’ve never played with Lucius Fox, Scientist Supreme, or Apocalypse, so I’ll try getting experience with them in my next bouts of playtesting. They seem to be the most comparable.

That’s definitely a cool take on stretchiness, Soundwarp.
I’m happy with where the power is at currently, as adjusting the value pool between move and range feels stretchy, and he has the option of covering a vast horizontal distance if he needs to close a gap, or a great vertical distance, as 8 move can’t get him to the top of a ladderless fortress wall or higher. He can move in and tie people up, hang back and take pot shots, or both at the same time.
Old August 17th, 2022, 06:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm good with going full Reed. Fwiw, I like any mini with a beard.

I think I'd rather the glyphs stay on the cards the whole game than toggle on and off. I think that just sounds like a headache to track.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 17th, 2022, 06:19 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll throw in my last plug here and say again that it'd be cool if he roped in Kings.

Also down with just Reed Richards, it'd be a fun distinction.

I'll be waiting in the wings to test Stretchy-man.
Old August 17th, 2022, 06:27 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Personally, I dig Mister Fantastic just because that’s where I’ll always look for him in the index. Not a huge deal, I just don’t see a big thematic need to drop it either.

It seems like there are a few people with critiques on the design, it might be worth seeing if you can find a middle ground with them.
Old August 17th, 2022, 08:14 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would consider just letting him ignore elevation changes up to like 25 levels. Maybe drop move to 7 then.
Old August 17th, 2022, 08:31 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No upwards limit on the move does feel like too much of a stretch to me ... I'd be OK with higher than 25, but infinity feels off to me. Has he stretched into space before?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 17th, 2022, 08:38 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
In a comic book feature that ran in The Fantastic Four #358, Reed explained to the reader that he could stretch to a maximum length of 1500 feet (equivalent to five football fields) before his muscles could no longer support his weight.
Quote:
He starts to feel discomfort after stretching to about 1500 feet (457.2 meters). His actual limit is *much* longer (albeit unknown), however, being as in the very first issue he stretched at least 24.05 km.

Those are some examples I could find on stretchiness potential.
Old August 17th, 2022, 08:43 PM

OK, so in theory he should be able to get to the top of a tall skyscraper pretty reliably? The C3G Skyscraper is 34 levels for each two stories. Highest I've ever stacked them was three high (and some real stability issues after that), which would be 102 levels. I guess at that point you're dealing with niche enough scenarios to not waste the extra wording on specifying he can't go higher.

Edit: but if we set it anywhere, seems like 100? (Even though I bet Hulk could also Super Leap just as high as he could stretch. Maybe that's why this bothers me?)

Old August 17th, 2022, 08:46 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

At that point just give him flying.
Old August 17th, 2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
At that point just give him flying.
Yeah, kinda seems like it. Wondering in retrospect if the Super Leap figures shouldn't have it as well?

Old August 17th, 2022, 08:58 PM
Just A Head

While I’m team “no cap”, I think something that’s worth considering is that this is all supposed to be happening within the span of a turn. Reed’s stretching usually takes a second, so I could see a cap being “this is how far Reed can stretch in 10 seconds” rather than an absolute demonstration of his abilities.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library