Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 9th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Maryland Multiplayer Madness! NHSD 11/4 in Baltimore, MD

MARYLAND MULTIPLAYER MADNESS!!!

NEWBIES AND YOUNG PERSONS WELCOME!!

10/11: Changed location!

The format:
290 points; 14 hexes

My House Rules apply: yes to C3V/SoV, no to supers and no to C3G. All SoV & C3V units released as of this coming Wednesday (10/11/17) will be eligible. First tiebreaker is partial card scoring.

Multiplayer FFA scoring as follows: Track the partial card scoring damage you do. At the end of the game, or when time is called, the players are ranked in order of damage done. At a 4 player table points for placing are 4, 2, 1, 0; at a 3 player table it's 4, 2, 0. At the end of the 4-round event add up all your placing scores and that's your tournament score. In the event of a tie, the player with the greater total damage done comes out ahead.

When: 11/4/17, show up 12:00, roll dice 12:30, finished at 6:00. Stay at 6 and play around with us for some other board games after, if you want; we can play board games until 8:30.

Where: Collector's Corner in Parkville, Maryland. Returning to a location we used, years ago. We've had a bunch of people down from Pennsylvania and points north, so I wanted to accommodate them a little better by trying a location on the north side of Charm City.

What: Heroscape, of course! Multiplayer Madness style.

How Much: $5. All of it will go to prize store credit, as usual.

Why: Because it's always good, and multiplayer in this format is the best.

For those not familiar with this format, it is my very favorite. It is both fun and tactically demanding. By the time you leave you will likely have gotten to play with most of the players in attendance. And these games are so wild there does not seem to me to be the tension I see at a traditional tourney *but* a carefully selected and carefully played army will still reward you with a good finish.

Anyway.

Time to start signing up, and suggesting multiplayer maps, if you are so inclined.

Maps (No glyphs):

TBA; considering these:
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees:
  1. DS
  2. KidScaper
  3. Jet
  4. Kyle
  5. Micah
  6. akden
  7. 10th Reg.
  8. elstree
  9. bunjee
  10. kldonnelly
  11. youngdonnelly
  12. sherman davies
  13. Jer
  14. Pete
  15. Bill
  16. Man At Arms
  17. Pumpkin King
  18. Pumpkin Prince
  19. Mathjedi
  20. Ethan
  21. Gary
Maybe:
Other Pumpkin Prince
G-O

Bringing Maps:
Castle Forge (4) ~ Man At Arms
Bog Burials (4) ~ Akden
Kampfzone (4) ~ Akden
Wellspring of the Forgotten Forest (4) ~ Jet
Mergaine's Redoubt (4) ~ Pumpkin King
Fulcrum Flip (3) ~ DS

Tagging friends near and far:
@akden , @Gurei-Ornery , @kldonnelly , @Taeblewalker , @Robber , @drewcula, @OverEngineered , @G1shark , @pieface! , @Sagrilarus , @Lamaclown (now far away ), @Sherman Davies, @Grishnakh , @Man_At_Arms , @Johngee , @hose , @Southwind , @tom , @9BelowMadness @hosj , @DragonSlayer2 , @DragonBorne , @Man_At_Arms , @Southwind , @hose , @superfrog , @vvildeyedjoker , @Jet , @Elstree , and @bunjee !

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 3rd, 2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old October 9th, 2017, 06:14 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: Maryland Multiplayer Madness! NHSD 11/4 in Hunt Valley,

Following this thread.
Old October 9th, 2017, 07:50 PM

Jet knows what's in an order marker Jet knows what's in an order marker

I’m in!
Old October 9th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Excellent. I've heard privately from some others, too, including a couple who haven't joined us before. Outstanding.

And @akden already said he'd be back to defend the trophy. So you'll finally get a picture with the trophy you deserved but never had.

= =
Old October 10th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

. . . and we're already up to ten attendees. Keep 'em coming, fellas!

And @vvildeyedjoker , this only gets harder when they get bigger, so consider bringing your baby and your crew!

= =
Old October 10th, 2017, 05:21 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It looks like we are for certain, but don't expect my A game, I haven't played much in the past few years.
Old October 10th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
It looks like we are for certain, but don't expect my A game, I haven't played much in the past few years.
Awesome! I believe the last time I saw you was at GenCon eight or nine years ago. I'll do my best to make it to this tournament.

Old October 10th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Is that a yes, TW?

= =
Old October 11th, 2017, 02:30 PM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker

DS, I saw your notice on BGG. Thanks for organizing another tournament. I'm sad that I'll miss this one. My wife works that day so I'll be home with the kids. Hope you all have a great time and I'll see you at the next one!
Old October 11th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oh, darn. Can't you bring them and give them something to do? Oh, well.

= =
Old October 11th, 2017, 03:11 PM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker

HAHA! They're 2, 3 and 6. The only time they stay put for more than 5 minutes is when they're asleep The 6 year-old will hopefully be ready for HS in another year or two. I'll try to get him trained up before the next NHSD tournament.
Old October 11th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm glad you said so, because now @vvildeyedjoker has in store for him. Come now, while they're very small, because otherwise you are waiting *years* before you can do it.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day