Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old March 19th, 2017, 07:26 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
OHS Season 27 - Reverse Draft - CONGRATS KEVINDOLA

Online Heroscape Season 27
One Of These Sides Is Not Like The Other

WINNERS REPORT GAMES HERE

Spoiler Alert!

Games are played using the online Heroscape interface. Links to how-to-play videos below:
Spoiler Alert!

Format: Reverse Draft with Asymmetric Maps
  • Each player submits one army of between 430 and 630 points, and between 7 and 22 figures.
    Army submissions may have up to 25 figures, but no more than 22 can be placed at the start of the game. VC Allowed, no Marvel. Standard 24-hex startzone restrictions apply when placing your army.
  • There is a dice-off at the beginning of the game. The winner of the dice-off chooses whether to make the first army selection, or defer the opening choice to their opponent.
  • For the opening army selection, a player selects one of the two armies to play (their army or their opponent's army). They may also state that they intend to sit (leave out) specific figures from that army. Figures left out are not part of the army for that game. Unless the opening bid says otherwise, the opening bid includes the right to pick map side and place first.
  • The player who did not make the bid has two choices:
    1. Let their opponent play the chosen army, and take the other army.
    2. Make a counter-offer for the chosen army. The new offer must sit enough figures to make the partial card point total lower than the offer that came before.
      Bidding for choice of map side: if the previous bid included the right to pick map side and place first, then the counter offer can surrender that right to the other army instead of (or in addition to) reducing the army point total. Once a bid surrenders map side choice, all subsequent counter offers must surrender map side choice as well.
  • Continue the counter-offer process until one player decides to take the other army (with all figures available) instead of making a counter-offer on the bidded army.

Example Reverse Draft:
Spoiler Alert!

The regular season will last four weeks, with one game each week. After the regular season ends there will be a single elimination bracket for the top finishers.

Maps (in order):
Spoiler Alert!

Event Rules:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by kevindola; May 9th, 2020 at 08:00 PM.
Old March 19th, 2017, 07:29 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
A couple shout-outs here:

First, thanks to @TheSparkleInYourWater for having the idea to apply reverse draft to asymmetric maps. I've been excited about it ever since he brought it up the first time.

Second, thanks to @GameBear , @Bengi , @Killometer , @nyys , @LongHeroscaper , and @ollie for making some interesting asymmetric maps that have seen very little tournament play up to now. It's gonna be fun to give them a whirl.

Looking forward to this one.

Last edited by dok; March 20th, 2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old March 20th, 2017, 01:56 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OHS Season 27 - Sign Up through April 3

Just submitted. This is an interesting change of pace. Formats can vary how important it is to have good tactical play within a single game versus how important it is to understand the meta of the environment. I suspect more than a few games will be decided here before initiative is even rolled.

This format reminds me of the game Welcome to the Dungeon.
Old March 20th, 2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Just submitted. This is an interesting change of pace. Formats can vary how important it is to have good tactical play within a single game versus how important it is to understand the meta of the environment. I suspect more than a few games will be decided here before initiative is even rolled.
I suspect you are right about this; it's going to provide a real challenge to the players in terms of estimating the impact of the uneven sides of the map. For my part, I am usually extremely comfortable with my pre-game decisions in basically all the formats we run, but I anticipate having games in this format where I really just don't have a firm handle on where I should give in on bidding.

That said, I felt that this sort of thing was acceptable because (a) it's cool to challenge players in new ways and have us all, collectively, learn some new things, and (b) the fun factor of getting to play games on a bunch of maps that usually don't see tournament play really appeals to me.

Last edited by dok; March 20th, 2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old March 20th, 2017, 03:54 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm still a little unclear on the selection process and how that works with respect to picking a starting side. Say my opponent wins the dice off and makes an opening bid of their army, sitting some figures, and keeping the right to place first. Do I have any option to make a counter offer that picks my army while gaining the right to place first? Is my only hope to get my army on my side of choice to trick my opponent into a bidding war that abandons pick of side?

In that same vein, it says I may make an opposing bid by surrendering the right to place first without reducing the point total. I take it this means that I am stuck at the point total they proposed and can't go back up to starting values if I switched sides. Once someone has made a bid to take an army but with deferring pick of sides, is there any way to bring the bidding back to where you can pick your own side again?
Old March 20th, 2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I'm still a little unclear on the selection process and how that works with respect to picking a starting side. Say my opponent wins the dice off and makes an opening bid of their army, sitting some figures, and keeping the right to place first. Do I have any option to make a counter offer that picks my army while gaining the right to place first? Is my only hope to get my army on my side of choice to trick my opponent into a bidding war that abandons pick of side?

In that same vein, it says I may make an opposing bid by surrendering the right to place first without reducing the point total. I take it this means that I am stuck at the point total they proposed and can't go back up to starting values if I switched sides. Once someone has made a bid to take an army but with deferring pick of sides, is there any way to bring the bidding back to where you can pick your own side again?
I don't see how you are "unclear" on anything here. You have what appears to be a firm grasp of how the draft works, but you are asking if the rules allow you to do other things in the bidding that the rules don't mention as options. The answer is no; the rules of the draft are as described.

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 20th, 2017, 07:49 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This should be quite an interesting format, I look forward to showing my lack of prowess in negotiation. I think everyone will enjoy my army.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 21st, 2017, 12:21 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Signed up.

Interesting maps, looking forward to (most of) them. Not sure about 'The Mirke' - moat around start zones is rather odd.

Also, what are the start zones for 'Where the Road Ends'? They don't appear to be marked on the map.
Old March 21st, 2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Also, what are the start zones for 'Where the Road Ends'? They don't appear to be marked on the map.
The rock and sand are startzones. It is marked on the top-down. (Note the note in the map section - any time there is a difference between the top-down and the build instructions, the top-down is official.)
Old March 27th, 2017, 10:16 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

WooHoo! Play whatever you want. I wonder what bonding unit @vegietarian18 will select en masse without bonders with this time? MacDirk was nothing if not memorable.

Going to give a shout out to those who I've played in the past few months and suggest they sign up for this. I'm happy to help them out with the format in any way necessary:
@totax @Scaperedude @jesus20456 @TalesOfValhallaOfficial @Razqua @The Dewk
Old March 29th, 2017, 11:31 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I am playing!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 30th, 2017, 02:38 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Sadly I just don't have enough time these days to sign up. I'll be watching this season's progress closely though!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events