Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old March 9th, 2017, 11:37 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 26 - Round 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The Semifinals are Pooled Draft on Zephyr.
The dok (4-0) v. kevindola (4-1) pool of armies is:
M-43 Resistance Fighters x3, B-11 Resistance Corps, Jarek Guy, Kira Jax, Akumaken, Izumi Samurai, Kozuke Samurai, Tagawa Samurai, Tomoe Gozen, Ebon Armor, Eldgrim the Viking Champion, Werewolf Lord x2, Seleena, Phantom Knights x3, Marcu Esenwein, Death Knights of Valkrill x4, Skull Demon x2, Air Elemental x3, Dumutef Guard x3, Otonashi
kevindola chooses to pick and place from the pool first or second.
Draft:
Code:
kevindola	dok

Ebon Armor
		Izumi Samurai
		Tomoe Gozen
Tagawa Samurai
Eldgrim
		B-11s
		Kozuke Samurai
Kira Jax
Otonashi
		Akumaken
		Marcu
Seleena
Dumutef Guard
		Air Elemental
Jarek Guy
Phantom Knights
We'll see if I can level our OHS head to head at 5 games apiece. (We've never played in classic league; I've won all our Supers games.) We'll also see if I can improve on my fairly astounding 2-8 record in games immediately following a 4-0 regular season.

Probably playing Friday night.
Old March 9th, 2017, 08:08 PM

I.S.B.3 is surprisingly tart

Vegies dad and I should be starting in about 25 minutes.
Old March 10th, 2017, 10:08 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

kevindola and I kicking off now.
Old March 11th, 2017, 09:26 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Order Marker Madness!
Dok and I drafted 16 different army cards with no duplicates. (see post above with draft)

It opened the first couple of rounds up with a ridiculous exchange in my favor. I Opened up pretty much all Kira Jax after an Ebon opening with the hopes of sniping down some Kozuke or hopefully B11s. That was far exceeded with Kira took down 3 B11s by herself. Exploit weakness an important part of that as well as her surviving a pair of 4v3 attacks to survive long enough to kill the 3rd.

In the third round the Ebon armor were able to catch the last B11, but not before he killed one, and the Akumaken killed another.

4th Round saw my 3rd Ebon Armor go down and PKs move out with 2 order marker

Round 5 was another huge point. I won an initiative that allowed PKs to get first strike against Kokuze and I was able to wipe out the Kozuke Samurai with the PKs only losing 1 Phantom.

In Round 6, I was put down to 1 PK, but he withstood everything thrown at him. I dodged him around kill the Air Elemental, hitting Marcu for a wound, and putting 2 wounds Tomoe before that last PK went down, surviving around 10 attacks.

This left it at Izumi, 2 life Tomoe, Akumaken, 4 life Marcu vs. Tagawa, Jarek, Eldgrim, Seleena, and 1 Ebon (2 loaded on Tagawa/Eldgrim).

We both podded up, but since I was able to snipe with Seleena, Akumaken rushed in. He used both soul markers to try some pain onto Jarek, but exosuit activated. With the soul markers exhausted, Jarek won the slugfest against Akumaken, putting 3 wounds on him and a 4th from a LEA when Aku went to the Tagawa. The Tagawa were able to finish off Aku to start their bloodlust.

Dok was forced to send in Tomoe and the Izumi, and Jarek was able to get off a grenade that killed one of the bunched Izumi. The bloodlusted Tagawa took care of Tomoe and an Izumi to get to full strength and finish off the rest of my army. Not before the final Izumi started making damage that was way too little too late.

I was able to get the win with some timely dice and initiatives. I had Seleena (2), Jarek (4), 2 Tagawas , Eldgrim (1, Ebon), and 1 Ebon Armor on the board.

Last edited by kevindola; March 13th, 2017 at 09:39 AM.
Old March 14th, 2017, 11:06 AM

The Finals are Claim the Treasures on Embattled Fen.

The I.S.B.3 (5-0) v. kevindola (5-1) pool of armies is:
* Wolves of Badru x3, Morgoloth, Werewolf Lord, Marcu Esenwein
* Capuan Gladiators x3, Spartacus, Retiarius, Theracus
* Werewolf Lord x2, Seleena, Phantom Knights x3, Marcu Esenwein
* Death Knights of Valkrill x4, Skull Demon x2, Air Elemental x3, Dumutef Guard x3, Otonashi (drop one)
kevindola chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, I.S.B.3 chooses who places first.
Old March 19th, 2017, 09:47 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

The finals are starting now.

I have the Gladiators, and he has the deathknights
Old March 20th, 2017, 01:27 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Great game last night in the Championship. This was one of the those chess type matches where each person sets up their position how they want it and make calculated advancements. Not typically the kind of match you play with steamroller, but the map and opponent dictated it...

kevindola: Capuan Gladiators x3, Spartacus, Retarius, Theracus (glyph)
I.S.B.3: deathknights x4, Skull Demon x2, Air Elemental x3, Dumutef Guard x3, glyph dropped in SZ

I was initially surprised when ISB3 took my deathknights army to counter his gladiator army instead of his Dark Lord army, but the more I thought about it after his pick, the more it made sense. Embattled Fen has a narrow pathway along the road bridge. This can accomplish 4 things to the deathknights benefit.

1) It evens the playing field on attack activations. My max is 4 and his is 3, but with a 2 wide travel area, it is very likely only 2 max attacks will be seen during a full on fight along the road, thus negating my attacks per order marker advantage

2) The air elementals can ensure first strike for ISB3. It will take me two turns of movement to get to ISB3's forces because of swirling vortex. This will ensure that he can choose where, who, and with what to make the first strike

3) Bonus without penalty. While in #1 I established that likely an even ground fight will be limited to 2 attacks per order marker, the DK build will benefit from the Skull Demons boosting attacks, but being able to do so without soaking up 1 of the 2 attacks per Order Marker. Simply park them behind 2 deathknights.

4) Road bonus for the Dumutefs. Dumutefs I think are underrated, but their 5/5 on roads can be quite effective.

So that was a long way of saying I thought it was a smart pick. After taking those factors into account, I decided that the good news is that there was nothing saying I have to fight on the bridge.....Not that either of us had a lot of wound soaks, but Wannok looked like it could put some hurt on his army, so I decided my strategy would be to avoid the road path and make this fight in the swamp around wannok.

This game as I alluded to was absolutely more about the setup and surgical strikes than about a head to head bloodbath, so it would have been a slow one to watch, but every decision was scrutinized. This was an all melee battle and one I thought the gladiators could win if max activations were allowed. So I podded up my melee units on the land spaces around wannok.

Round 1: all posturing. ISB3 splits his forces up a bit between outside wannok and to the road. I send all my forces towards wannok staying away from the road. I think this was not entirely what ISB3 expected since he commited some troops to the road early. With his full force not yet in striking distance I claim Wannok to end the round (Dumutef killed)

Round 2: ISB3 sneaks a deathknight on the road a little too far ahead, and I am able to hop the gap in the castle with Retiarius but my 6v5 is blocked. This allows 2 deathknights to engage him on the road and hit him for 2 wounds. I risk a disengage (miss) to get height on the deathknights on the level 3 land spaces and kill one. I am also able to surround the other DK and kill him. I still hold Wannok (2nd Dumutef)

Round 3: I win an initiative switch, and in a very un gladiator type move I retreat my Capuans and Retiarius off the bridge and back to the main pod on the land above Wannok. This leads to nothing but positioning by both sides. ISB3 securing the bridge now with a Skull Demon, a pair of DKs and an AE.

Round 4: A lot more positioning, but ISB3 wins init. He takes wannok with an AE on his last turn that I can't get to, but he also put a DK on height on the single road side near my podded gladiators (southern road of the map). I have last turn, so I rush Retiarius at him and hit the net trip to kill the 3rd DK. Wannok puts a wound on Theracus.

Round 5: I get an initiative switch so am able to make one attack on the Wannok Air Elemental but he blocks. ISB3 retreats his force and prepares for an attack that occurs on the final turn of the round. The Skull Demon kills a Capuan (#1) and a boosted DK hits Retiarius for 1 wound (3 total) and the other DK whiffs against a Cap.

Round 6: A big initiative win for me. ISB3 doesn't get the switch which would have allowed him a lot of options. Instesad it goes to me and Retiarius kills a DK (#4)with another successful net trip (his 3rd in the game). The gladiators kill another DK (#5) and an Air Elemental. In response the Skull Demon and one DK kill Retiarius. Spartacus comes in and one shot kills that Skull Demon. And the DK is surrounded and killed. I get another elemental kill, and wannok puts a second wound on Theracus, but this effectively ended the game.

ISB3 surrendered with 1 Skull Demon, 1 AE, 1 DK, and 1 Dumutef vs. Spartacus, 1 life Theracus, and 8 Capuans.

This was the second time I beat ISB3 in the finals after he beat me in the regular season. So he's due sometime soon.

The dice weren't really that great for him this game, although I threw more attack:
Spoiler Alert!

And on a personal note, this is my 8th OHS tournament title. Running my Finals record in OHS tournaments to 8-3

Last edited by kevindola; October 11th, 2017 at 12:19 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events