Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old July 26th, 2015, 05:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Justice League Design *Brainstorming* (Class Synergy)

Bats, if you look at the break down I just made today I think we could achieve quite a bit with just 3 new League Member Cards, recruiting 3 classes each. MM 2.0, Batman 3.0, & Cyborg 2.0. WW 2.0, Dr. Fate 2.0, & Supergirl 2.0 are really just luxury items IMO. Losing out on the healing Aquaman and Zatanna would be my two biggest regrets. They just have such specific classes.
Old July 26th, 2015, 05:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
I'd say wrapping the main 7-10 is absolutely necessary.

Champion
Valiant
Warrior
Scientist
Officer
Vigilante
Archer

That might be enough. Then the new figures could be the appropriate class from the get go. If we remade Green Arrow, it'd cut out the need for Archer wasted on just him.
Don't forget Red Arrow.
Have you looked at Red Arrows card lately though? He has great Archer & Sidekick synergy that just would not transfer over to the JL well since everyone's class would now be League Member. I keep on including him in the lists since he is a JL member but I'm not sure how often, if ever, he would be drafted when it comes time to actually build a winning army.
Old July 26th, 2015, 05:11 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

It doesn't have to be just classes, in order to change someone's class. I see no reason Valiant can't be used.
Old July 26th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Are you suggesting we change personalities instead of class and base the synergy on personality? If so, that's definitely a new, but potentially interesting direction ....

Back to the class stuff while we're on it, though .... I wonder if the way to go might not just be one generic Justice League Recruitment power that could be on both of Martian Manhunter 2.0 and Batman 3.0 (so you have flexibility with your hub) but that lists the following classes:

Champions, Officers, Scientists, Vigilantes, Archers, & Warriors

That'd get six of the big seven at least (poor Aquaman ) and I suppose we could throw in Kings there if we really wanted to.

The reason I'd be for not splitting up classes into different recruitment powers is that it'd be overly prescriptive on army builds: i.e. Martian Manhunter would work best with certain classes and they'd work best with each other, whereas Batman would work better with other sets of classes and they'd work best within their group. I'd worry it'd basically split the classes into Justice League West and Justice League East, so to speak, and overlap wouldn't be very encouraged.

I haven't looked at personalities enough to know whether they'd be easier or harder to group. Valiant does seem like a good choice if we go that way, though, but we'd have to check to see who already has that. Heroic could be a good unused personality if we want one that doesn't necessarily pull in any preexisting designs.

Edit: I misread Sock's post. He's saying that you could call out the Valiant personality to change classes with. It's a thought, though it does lack a certain pleasing parallelism.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 26th, 2015, 05:39 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Yeah, I was just implying you call out Valiant heroes amongst the rest, and their class would still be the thing to change. I see no harm in it. Good suggestions though. I definitely want Aquaman I in on it, he's a favorite of mine and he's definitely useful.

I know for sure id like to make a new design for Fate. While he may not recruit, he has so much range to his abilities he could easily have 3 supporting powers.
Old July 26th, 2015, 05:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Re: Justice League Design Discussion *Brainstorming*

For Bats,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
JLA Class & Personality List:
Spoiler Alert!
Maybe we do something similar to what I proposed in the Watchtower DO concept where one recruiter goes after classes while a 2nd recruiter goes after personalities. Then both of them change the Class & Personality of the recruited heroes to League Member & Heroic.
Old July 26th, 2015, 05:57 PM

You could do that. You'd need to have around 6 classes, but it'd certainly bring in more people.
Old July 26th, 2015, 06:14 PM
C3G Landlord

It would require calling out 8 different classes/personalities each but then you could get a lot figures into the JL with just 2 cards.

MM 2.0

JLA FOUNDER
All Champion, Vigilante, Officer, Warrior, Scientist, Archer, Adventurer, & Protector heroes you control now have the class of League Member and the Heroic personality instead of what is on their card.

Cyborg 2.0

JLA RECRUITER
All Determined, Valiant, Fearless, Brash, Disciplined, Tricky, Reckless, & Driven heroes you control now have the class of League Member and the Heroic personality instead of what is on their card.

Who is covered:
Spoiler Alert!

You can draft MM 2.0 and form a JL team from 24 other members, draft Cyborg 2.0 and form a different team with 21 other members (including 13 members that overlap), or draft MM 2.0 & Cyborg 2.0 together and choose from 30 other members. 32 members in all.

If 8 classes/personalities is too much, you cut it in half and then have a Batman 3.0 recruit half the classes while someone else recruits half the personalities. Or if you want to stick with the 2 card approach we could cut it down to 6 classes & personalities each, dropping Reckless (Supergirl) & Driven (Batman) from the personality list as they each only serve one person and Cyborg would still have Batman/Dick Grayson in play. Dropping Adventurer (Plastic Man) & Protector (Red Tornado) would cut just the two JL members, although I might consider cutting Archer (Green Arrow & Red Arrow) instead of Protector.
Old July 26th, 2015, 06:21 PM

It'd work for me, but I'm guessing most would see that as too much.

Regardless, I'd like to design a new version of Fate. And we do have Wonder Woman in the works regardless.
Old July 26th, 2015, 06:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, I could see a Dr. Fate 2.0 that had the Class of League Member and Personality of Heroic. Then give him a bunch of support powers/synergy with other League Members or Heroic heroes. He does not have to be a recruiter too.

I could also see a new Green Arrow 2.0 card where he is a League Member with a Heroic personality. His show is pretty popular so their might be some desire to see a 2nd version of the card. Then again you could leave his class as Archer and just make sure he has one of the 6 personalities Cyborg recruits or make him a Vigilante.
Old July 26th, 2015, 06:50 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Calling out 16 different classes and personalities seems kind of crazy. Why are we going to such lengths? Can someone articulate to me why making such a wordy set of powers, which corral dozens upon dozens of heroes into this synergy web, is better than going with a simple, elegant marker system to drive the bonuses?

Is it just to avoid "bad guys"? Is that our whole thing? Because we've never gone to these extremes to prevent such things in the past (see: ProfX bonding with Magneto and Gorgon, Zod bonding with Super-Man, etc) and I don't see why it should start now.

Last edited by dok; July 26th, 2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old July 26th, 2015, 06:56 PM

Dok, we're just fleshing out the class direction. Nobody said it is better or ideal. We're giving everything a chance, and having options for people to choose between, especially so we have a backup to work from if something isn't favored by the heroes.

As for bad guys with good guys, it's not the worst in the world, but Cap teaming best with Zemo still doesn't make me think we should make that the norm.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy