Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old February 14th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Special Event 2 - CHAOS IN THE CATACOMBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgarath View Post
Thanks for putting up with a newbie. I had a great time even though the dice didn't favor me. This was a great game, that was close, but I triumphed with a lot of luck. Thanks for putting this on and I hope to play again.
Fun rumble in the dungeon. Drafted armies:

Bengi: Eltahale, Isamu, Kumiko, Mindflayer (330 pts)
belgarath: Mika Connour, Moriko, Valguard (330 pts)
Filthy: Agent Skahen, Tandros, Otonashi, Major X17 (350pts)

Wandering Monster Pool: Izumi Samurai, Anubians x2, Heavy Gruts, Shades, Goblin Cutters x 1

I was in top left positon, belgarath in bottom left, Bengi in top right. I came out strong, sniping with Skahen while moving up Otonashi with cover fire. Mika nabbed a close glyph, but Skahen cut her down and then Otonashi nabbed the glyph and snuck in for an early score. Bengi was tied up in monsters, although he also managed to walk a score in; belgarath managed to hang on with a wounded Moriko, sneaking in a two-glyph score around mid-game. Bengi and I ended up wasting too many turns trying to smite each other, and belgarath took full advantage, sneaking in all sort of monsters, eventually laying out Skahen and the Major and wrapping us in a bastion of bestial flesh, maniacal samurai and ghastly bedsheets.

Bengi, being the diabolical guy that he is, enslaved Tandros and ran him though multiple disengagements...racking up a ton of wounds on the poor sop in the process. Tandros tried a last-ditch move to nab a glyph and make the getaway, but belgarath finished him off with gruts on a sneaky OM. Bengi also tried sneaking out Isamu with a glyph, but a 2 skull attack, and a failed Vanish and subsequent defensive glyph fail, iced his hopes and dreams.

belgarath played a good game, despite some horrid rolls in the beginning, and won with 2 scores and a giggling Moriko.

Dungeon crawls rock.
Old February 15th, 2014, 11:15 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Exiting the Catacomb: A figure that carries a Treasure Glyph can exit the
cave by ending its turn on a starting zone space for an opposing player (that
includes the 4th players starting zone space even in a 3 player game). When a figure exits, place the figure onto its Army Card and place it to the side to
determine Victory Conditions. All markers and Treasure Glyphs remain on
the figure’s Army Card
Can you exit the catacombs with an enslaved figure? (regardless of who gets credit for the treasure glyph)
Old February 15th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Exiting the Catacomb: A figure that carries a Treasure Glyph can exit the
cave by ending its turn on a starting zone space for an opposing player (that
includes the 4th players starting zone space even in a 3 player game). When a figure exits, place the figure onto its Army Card and place it to the side to
determine Victory Conditions. All markers and Treasure Glyphs remain on
the figure’s Army Card
Can you exit the catacombs with an enslaved figure? (regardless of who gets credit for the treasure glyph)
Stop trying to find loopholes in the rules!

I'd rule that an Enslaved figure *can* exit the catacombs, and can only exit in a startzone of an opposing player to the one currently controlling it (so it could exit in its original SZ). However, the original player would still get credit for any TGs the figure was carrying, and a figure without TGs can't exit, so you probably wouldn't want to do that.

That's my interpretation.

Old February 15th, 2014, 12:56 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Well, you're totally impartial on this question, so that should definitely be our ruling.

FWIW, if we run this scenario again, I suggest we add the rule "you cannot take a turn with a card you control after revealing an order marker on a card in the wandering monster pool". Kludgy, but bonders in the pool is pretty clearly an unintended strategy.
Old February 15th, 2014, 02:27 PM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Well, you're totally impartial on this question, so that should definitely be our ruling.
Hey, he asked about if you can exit while Enslaved, not if you get the points. I'm not the one with a Mindflayer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
FWIW, if we run this scenario again, I suggest we add the rule "you cannot take a turn with a card you control after revealing an order marker on a card in the wandering monster pool". Kludgy, but bonders in the pool is pretty clearly an unintended strategy.
And yet, you pulled Greenscales and Moltenclaw, Mr. Totally Impartial.

Old February 15th, 2014, 05:08 PM

Epic game with KD, dok, & Dysole. I was set up to easily win with TBR, but Dysole pulled Stare of Stone on him. After that, it looked like dok had it won, but Dysole turned Moltenclaw to stone as well. Heirloom grabbed two glyphs for me and escaped out Dysole's startzone, and Dysole escaped with two as well, making it a tie.

Old February 15th, 2014, 08:02 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Game earlier today in the Catacombs was a blast. I hope that this event or something very similar to it is repeated in the future even with only the 7 participants, even if it were done on just an organized casual level.

For my part, I thought the game was lost early twice. Once when Tul-Bak-Ra (AU) had collected 3 early treasures and when Moltenclaw (dok) had collected 3 treasures.

For the first part, noone really challenged Tul-Bak-Ra in the map center. dok and I traded wounds on the western side of the map where we were set up, and I was loathe to send in Kaemon Awa by himself to deal with Tul-Bak (although I did get two shots at him that I went 0/8 ). Tul-Bak was just 2-3 turns away from getting away with three treasures which likely would have sealed the game.

Once Tul-Bak-Ra went down to Sudema's Stare of Stone, dok clearly had the upper hand with Moltenclaw, who shortly after Tul-ROCK-Ba got stoned, obtained 3 treasures (inculding the teleport). However in the next round Moltenclaw was rocked by Sudema and suddenly the momentum shifted again.

I was pretty confident at that point even though I had no glyphs and had only even held one on OM1 of Round 1(with a 10 move Otonashi who shortly died to a no look mind blast from TBR).

I had a 2 life Wyvern, 3 life Awa, 3 life Mika, and a couple of spiders (neutral) on the board. The next two rounds went incredibly poorly for me though. I had knocked Raelin 2.0 to one life in the previous round, but lost initiative to dok. His whirlwind attack claimed both surrounding spiders and the 3rd wound to my Wyvern. I lost an OM on spiders (risky OM placement). Raelin finished off the Wyvern and I lost a second straight OM. My last turn did have Mika teleport into the center and hit 5 skulls to kill Dysole's MFM.

I loaded up on the 3 life Mika in the next round, but again lost initiatives to the people I didn't want to. Raelin, the bringer of death, swooped in with height and put 2 more wounds on Mika. Then AU's Heriloom Force Orbed Mika for the kill (at least Heirloom took Raelin down too with that attack) I lost all 3 OMs that round, and by the time the next round showed up for Awa, all the treasure glyphs had been claimed. (But I was only in my position due to the grace of the d20 Stare of Stone gods anyway)

Good game, and nice split win for Dysole/AU. Dok and I will need to go back to the heroscape study book to try and improve our shoddy skills

Last edited by kevindola; February 15th, 2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old February 15th, 2014, 09:50 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Rock On

What have we learned?

Sudema is amazing and does not deserve her current rankings. ^_^

~Dysole, who kind of can't believe his cockamamie scheme worked as well as it did
Old February 15th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I'm very regretting missing out on this now...
Old March 13th, 2014, 10:48 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Just wondering if Dysole, awesomeunleashed, and belgarath are going to get in a 'Finals' game?

Or is it just a tradition to leave all Special Events unresolved
Old March 13th, 2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Just wondering if Dysole, awesomeunleashed, and belgarath are going to get in a 'Finals' game?

Or is it just a tradition to leave all Special Events unresolved
Heh. Dysole was busy the next week, and then I forgot about it.

I would like to get that game in sometime.

Old March 13th, 2014, 11:38 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Soon?

This week and next week are dead week and finals so I'm not sure HOW available I am but we'll see.

~Dysole, who needs to make more statues

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events