Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old January 30th, 2015, 01:13 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Suggestions for the Online Heroscape Organizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
It creates a lot of confusion if there are two acceptable cards for the same figure.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old January 30th, 2015, 02:39 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Shrug

I'm really indifferent on this matter (considering I've brought Sudema, Roman Archers, Brimstone, straight Blasts, and straight Glads to these tournaments I'd probably bring regular Taro anyways) but I can see a decent argument against. It'd have to be marked like Raelin/Drake {something like Taro (Prototype)?} which could be slightly more confusing as there isn't currently to my knowledge a linkable book nor is it in any of the databases (e.g. Battleplan) so I can certainly see why there could be an argument against it. I think the question I come back to is why. Is there some reason we need more Hatamoto Taro? He's made two appearances in online tournaments that I know of off the top of my head (this current season by vegietarian18 and I believe S12 by Ixe) which is more than the Feral Troll, Sahuagin Raider, Marro Drudge, and I believe 7K and Sir Dupuis. If it's just because it'd be cool to have another Taro that's fine but if it's because we need more Taro I'm not sure it really needs to be fixed.

~Dysole, who rambled more than he expected
Old January 30th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Shrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
He's made two appearances in online tournaments that I know of off the top of my head (this current season by vegietarian18 and I believe S12 by Ixe) which is more than the Feral Troll, Sahuagin Raider, Marro Drudge, and I believe 7K and Sir Dupuis.
Well, not more than Drudge, 7K, or Dupuis (same as those), but more than all of these (season 8-forward):

Code:
Bloodburst Thrall [VC]
Brandis Skyhunter
Dzu-Teh
Erevan Sunshadow
Frost Giant of Morh
Greater Ice Elemental
Mika Connour
Pelloth
Priscus [VC]
Retiarius
Saylind the Kyrie Warrior
Sonlen
Templar Cavalry
Torin
Varkaanan Blade Dancers [VC]
Feral Troll
Sahuagin Raider
So the point is valid.

Old January 30th, 2015, 11:32 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Hatamoto's appearance in S17 is pretty literally a joke (no synergy; vegie's draft pool is just all units starting with the letter "H"). Ixe did make a run at it with Hatamoto and some Samurai in season 12; he went 1-1 when using that army.

In the 12 online events since we started tracking, there are 15 units that have only been brought once, although one of those is the bloodburst thrall (relatively new), and some of those (Dzu, GIE, VBDs) definitely saw action at earlier events. Two units (Feral Troll and Sahuagin Raider) have not been brought to any event.

Last edited by dok; January 30th, 2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: AU Ninja, mostly
Old February 3rd, 2015, 12:02 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Suggestion: Don't use the Glyph of Kelda. It really screws up the game. Temporary glyphs are always wonky, and this is a very powerful one. It basically handed me the game on a silver platter this last round, and while I almost dropped that platter a couple times, it was all made possible by Kelda.

I like glyphs having an impact. But I like them being fought over. Kelda can't really be fought over. If things are going poorly for you, you can just run away, take all the disengagements you want, and hop on Kelda. I don't think it's a tournament glyph.

Old February 3rd, 2015, 09:28 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Suggestion: Don't use the Glyph of Kelda. It really screws up the game. Temporary glyphs are always wonky, and this is a very powerful one. It basically handed me the game on a silver platter this last round, and while I almost dropped that platter a couple times, it was all made possible by Kelda.

I like glyphs having an impact. But I like them being fought over. Kelda can't really be fought over. If things are going poorly for you, you can just run away, take all the disengagements you want, and hop on Kelda. I don't think it's a tournament glyph.

I appreciate the suggestion. No doubt Kelda is a very powerful glyph. I don't think I feel the same way though. There is a huge amount of strategy over the Kelda glyph. Both defensively and offensively.

In the situation you mentioned, your opponent could have burned Kelda on you to prevent you from using it. Nothing stopping someone from burning it with only one wound. If you no your opponent has a figure that could really benefit from Kelda, perhaps it is best to burn it early on them. Or are you gambling that you might be able to grab it yourself late game? You always need to gameplan for Kelda. (There are many other strategies one can have for Kelda, just suggesting one given your situation you mentioned.)

I imagine that the Gencon events use Kelda also?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 10:54 AM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Kelda is in the rotation at Gencon, yes.

Kelda is quite different from other glyphs in the way it shifts things positionally. Other gylphs are fought over, but with Kelda you fight over access to it. There are times when it's extremely hard to stop your opponent from using Kelda, but most of the time there are either ways to limit your opponent's access, burn it yourself, or at least force your opponent to burn it for relatively few wounds.

Of course, there are also times that other glyphs we use, like Valda or Ulanvia, can be determinative in a match. There's no guaranteed balanced glyph.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 11:14 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I guess it was an overreaction in some ways. In this particular case, no opponent's figures had any wounds and I was able to heal 5 or 6 of them, depending on a disengage roll. There really wasn't anything that he could have done about it. In other cases, it's probably not as powerful.

And, once and for all, can we realize that the unique attack glyph is called Ulaniva and not Ulanvia?

Last edited by superfrog; February 3rd, 2015 at 11:16 AM. Reason: I before V and all that
Old February 3rd, 2015, 11:45 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
I guess it was an overreaction in some ways. In this particular case, no opponent's figures had any wounds and I was able to heal 5 or 6 of them, depending on a disengage roll. There really wasn't anything that he could have done about it. In other cases, it's probably not as powerful.

And, once and for all, can we realize that the unique attack glyph is called Ulaniva and not Ulanvia?

You'll get nothing and like it

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 12:03 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I didn't realize my run with Taro was being discussed. I definitely payed for it my first match with him but I managed to roll right over a mostly melee army in my second match because of him. He's definitely overpriced but can actually do well when the stars align (all normal attack melee) and you have high enough point totals that space is a bigger limiter than price. I don't suspect either vegie or I will draft him for our upcoming and respective final match this season.

I should mention I was also the one who brought in the Bloodburst Thrall who I'd be shocked if he doesn't see more play down the road. I'd go as far to call him the new work horse of the thrall army (I think I did well that season), so I think it's more of a matter of people coming around to playing a thrall army again than anything else.

As far as glyphs go, I'll go out and say Ulaniva (one I also perpetually get wrong) and Kelda have never bothered me as glyphs. They're something you need to build around a little more to get going and it provides incentive to play with heroes and unique figures who otherwise have their challenges. Sure it can be crushing when secured in the right army, but at least it's not something like Astrid which is crushing in almost every army. I get confused whenever I see one of those in the pool.
Old March 17th, 2015, 03:00 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I would like to see the starting format randomized when doing an alternating format tournament.

To clarify, for example if you are doing alternating Army Draft-PYP (Pick your poison) then randomize which of those you are starting with for round 1 or round 1 of the playoffs.
Old March 17th, 2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
I would like to see the starting format randomized when doing an alternating format tournament.

To clarify, for example if you are doing alternating Army Draft-PYP (Pick your poison) then randomize which of those you are starting with for round 1 or round 1 of the playoffs.
I have a hard time seeing why this is desirable. Is it just that you don't want people to design their armies with an eye towards the round 1 format? I don't think many (well, any) people are doing that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events