Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old July 27th, 2014, 11:08 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Suggestions for the Online Heroscape Organizers

It's like I poker , at a table when someone puts you on the clock , you are warned the clock has started. You'd have to tell your opponent the clock has started.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 27th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
I was thinking about not wanting to attack a counterstriking figure (sharwin wildborn, adjacent samurai) unless paralyzing stare or Whip activated.
Hmm. Both of those scenarios seem really unlikely given there'd be no way to keep the other figure from attacking you, but I suppose they are theoretically possible...Sharwin on Proftaka?

Slightly modified, this should cover the concerns:

If at least 3 complete rounds go by and both of the following conditions are met:

1) There is no attack, glyph, or special ability activated that could:
a) add wound markers to an opponent's figure
b) remove wound markers
c) add or remove figures from the game
d) modify the amount of attack or defense rolled by an opponent's figure
e) cause control of a figure to change

2) Each player has been within threat range of their opponent at the start of the round and won initiative.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; July 27th, 2014 at 11:18 AM. Reason: The Whip one is even more moot given he has a SA...
Old September 23rd, 2014, 12:36 AM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Here are a couple of suggestions for January next year... In other words for season 17 ! Because I guess season 16's format has already been chosen. I picked most suggestion form other user's post here, so this is more a summary of great suggestions.

Remember that I am not a native speaker. Some formats or some rules might be explained in a weird way... Ask questions please ! I'm just trying to help here, so I'd be really glad if you were interested enough to ask questions.

Formats
Semi-fixed armies. I am semi-stealing this from this post. So I was lurking in the Louisville monthly tournament thread for fun and I found this great idea that the guys there had : fixed matchup. Every map for the tourney would have a fixed, balanced, matchup and players didn't bring any army of their own. With a dice-off the plauers could chose which one of the fixed armies they wished to play.
I would definitely like any version of this... If it was fully fixed, I would like it, but I think semi-fixed is cool too ! Everyone brings one or two 200 points pods and they get to add that to fixed little armies every round.

So for example : I bring a pod with Krug and Arrow Gruts and another one with Braxas. I get to play Gorrilinators this round → I'll chose Braxas because it fits my strategy and the map for this game.

All kinds of different rules could apply, like "only heroes, no squad (mercenaries, and you need to pay them every round with a finite total of points)" or "you may pick either your fixed army first or the pod you will chose first between your's and your opponent's". Lots of oppurtunities here.

Using Custom Figures. That was suggested by flameslayer93 and I think it's a great idea. When the ScytaleVerse tournament happened, I signed in and liked it very much. Sadly the event didn't reach an ending but it was still a lot of fun.

Could it happen in an official Online HS season ? I am not sure, not because the customs wouldn't be balanced, but because the players wouldn't know the meta-game. In my opinion this is NOT a problem (proof is the Delta+ event that happened a while ago), but I can't speak for everyone.
At least organize something like that again !

Return of the Whip - Draft Edition. That's a format I used a couple of times when playing at home and it was a lot of fun. The rules are simple : taking turns, both players draft units for their opponent to play !

In a tournament setting, this could alternate with normal draft and would probably involve a draft pool. That's cool : do I bring a pool of really bad units that I can play okay, or good units that I can counter ? Or both ?
It's basically a nice twist to RtW.

Core + Something.
Another cool idea from flameslayer93. Every player brings a small army core (about 300 points ?) and, before every game, the opponent may chose something to complete his core depending of what he is facing. It's like a pod draft in many ways, but the "core" is different from the half-armies.

This is the format I am less sure about for the formulation of rules, bit I think it is promising.

Maps
A map contest. That's pretty self-explanatory : do an online map contest again ! Running Hot one the first one and, even though some seem to hate that particuliar map, I think it allowed some really cool gameplay when it was introduced (by the way Hell in a Handbasket wasn't so bad, you should take a look at it, dear TDs).

A couple of maps from the french forum.
Ok so this is clearly me preaching for my own community, but a little frenchy effort to produce one or two new maps for a future event would be great, I think. I didn't talk about it with the french forum but some members would like the idea I'm sure.

Other

Personally I like treasure glyphs because they encourage the use of heroes and discourage camping, but that's just personal taste.

Maybe a non-swiss-style tournament ? That's more of a randomly thrown idea, but I think we could try some other format for smaller tournaments. An event with pools, like in the world cup is okay for smaller events with a little less than 30 players, but I am not sure if it is too long.

Alright ! That was long. And on my cellphone... I really just want to go to sleep now. :P
I hope those ideas will be useful and I am waiting for your returns.

Long live the Online HS League.
Old September 23rd, 2014, 11:12 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the suggestions, Simval.

I don't think we'd run something like the Scytaleverse event as an official season, but I also really liked the idea, and I think it'd be pretty cool if something like that were run again.

As for maps: give us some suggestions, because we're always looking for new maps to use! HS2010 got his Hotways or the Highway into S13 that way, for example. We won't use just anything, of course, but it doesn't have to be BoV-quality.

Speaking of which, I'm not particularly fond of map contests, but here's a hint: probably the best way to get a map into one of our seasons is to nominate it for Wargrounds of Scape. Any map in there that the judges think is worth playtesting is most likely going into the next OHS season.

I also like treasure glyphs, but I disagree with putting them on maps designed for fixed glyphs--most of the time. You'll find quite a few TGs in Season 16.

Old September 23rd, 2014, 11:47 AM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Hooray ! That's a good answer, thank you AU. I'll talk to my frenchie buddies about maps and we'll think about something... Having Foudzing as a judge in Wargrounds of Scape will certainly help, he could help us desing great maps according to WoS guidelines.

I can't wait for season 16.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 10:48 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

How about in tournament rematches that are the same format as the first match give an automatic diceoff win to the whoever lost the diceoff the first time around?
Old December 3rd, 2014, 03:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I could see using that as a second tiebreaker if diceoff win percentage is the same for both players. Heck, same or different format doesn't matter there.

We could even make it like Davis Cup in tennis, and say that (if in-event diceoff percentages are equal) you win the diceoff if you have won fewer than half of the diceoffs lifetime against that player.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 03:13 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I could see using that as a second tiebreaker if diceoff win percentage is the same for both players. Heck, same or different format doesn't matter there.

We could even make it like Davis Cup in tennis, and say that (if in-event diceoff percentages are equal) you win the diceoff if you have won fewer than half of the diceoffs lifetime against that player.
Somehow the system will be rigged, that no matter what the conditions are, Kinseth always loses the dice off!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 29th, 2015, 07:51 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My suggestion would be to allow use of the Hatamoto Taro Prototype card. We've generated quite a bit of discussion about it here, and the general consensus is that it won't work too great in a tournament like GenCon, where people who never see the site go, but it could work in online Scape.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old January 29th, 2015, 01:53 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_X_Marker View Post
My suggestion would be to allow use of the Hatamoto Taro Prototype card. We've generated quite a bit of discussion about it here, and the general consensus is that it won't work too great in a tournament like GenCon, where people who never see the site go, but it could work in online Scape.
It could work in a lot of settings; Gencon is just one of the rare ones where it would not.

That said, I'm much more interested in the preferences of people who play, or would play, in our events.
Old January 29th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

After some reconsidering, I dislike this idea. Messing with existing figures, even if an alternate card already exists isn't a road I'd like to see the game go down. Or at least I don't think its worth it to improve one figure.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old January 29th, 2015, 02:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
After some reconsidering, I dislike this idea. Messing with existing figures, even if an alternate card already exists isn't a road I'd like to see the game go down. Or at least I don't think its worth it to improve one figure.

For local tournaments, I think it's a pretty fun idea. But for major events, I don't think it makes sense. It creates a lot of confusion if there are two acceptable cards for the same figure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events