Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old July 16th, 2014, 11:16 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Suggestions for the Online Heroscape Organizers

It's not that big of a deal, but I don't care for the idea of the dice off equalizer. Things balance out in the long run and rolling like that is part of the game. If we want to balance out everything for the sake of being fair, why not apply attack roll equalizers and all manner of things within the games as well?

That's obviously ridiculous, which is why this attempt to force a system for evening out luck feels so strange to me. I suppose it's somewhat mitigated by the fact that it's a little outside the normal game, but I would still prefer if we just take all aspects of luck into it. It's a valuable thing in games to blame your luck for why you lose .
Old July 16th, 2014, 11:23 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
It's not that big of a deal, but I don't care for the idea of the dice off equalizer. Things balance out in the long run and rolling like that is part of the game. If we want to balance out everything for the sake of being fair, why not apply attack roll equalizers and all manner of things within the games as well?

That's obviously ridiculous, which is why this attempt to force a system for evening out luck feels so strange to me. I suppose it's somewhat mitigated by the fact that it's a little outside the normal game, but I would still prefer if we just take all aspects of luck into it. It's a valuable thing in games to blame your luck for why you lose .
You can still blame luck when you lose.

As I've often pointed out, the dice-off is fairly overrated in most cases. I've probably only lost twice where I can really pin it on the dice-off, and I've played a LOT of bring 2.

The equalizer is a very, very low-impact mitigation on this already relatively minor aspect of bring 2. It only comes into play a fairly small slice of the time, and the impact is often very small. To the small extent that it does matter, I like it, but it doesn't merit the amount of discussion that's gone on around it.
Old July 16th, 2014, 11:38 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
You can still blame luck when you lose.

As I've often pointed out, the dice-off is fairly overrated in most cases. I've probably only lost twice where I can really pin it on the dice-off, and I've played a LOT of bring 2.

The equalizer is a very, very low-impact mitigation on this already relatively minor aspect of bring 2. It only comes into play a fairly small slice of the time, and the impact is often very small. To the small extent that it does matter, I like it, but it doesn't merit the amount of discussion that's gone on around it.
Indeed, which is why I said I don't like the idea of it more than anything (and it's a minor point of contention). In practice, I wouldn't even notice it if I didn't see it written in the chat. This begs the question of why you should have the rule in the first place if it only deals with such a minor area.

I am merely voicing that, in principal, I think we should hold this aspect of the game to the same standard of luck as everything else. You can also consider how well things are going if this is what I post to quibble over.

As to an actual suggestion while I'm here, I always appreciate the variety of formats that are wheeled out each season and would love to see more. Among them, I'd be curious to see some formats like Commons-only or Unique Heroes-only or some such on occasion in the interest of continuing to mix things up.
Old July 16th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
As to an actual suggestion while I'm here, I always appreciate the variety of formats that are wheeled out each season and would love to see more. Among them, I'd be curious to see some formats like Commons-only or Unique Heroes-only or some such on occasion in the interest of continuing to mix things up.
We've got a new (to OHS) format coming for Season 15, but we haven't started planning S16 yet, so now's the time to throw out format suggestions.

Commons only would probably be blech to a lot of people. Some disagree, but I personally also dislike Unique Heroes only--the ability to play stuff like Thralls and Command Couriers is why I like the occasional Heroes Only round. Uniques Only could be interesting, though.

Old July 16th, 2014, 06:07 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

We actually had a no-common round in "season 0", a.k.a. Monday Night Googlescape league. Here are the armies played. This will blow your mind, but I used Marro Warriors. (The map that round had same-level lava; hence the Wyverns.)

Not a bad format, but the best stuff is kind of obvious.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

When does Season 15 info come out? I think I'll finally be able to play!
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:39 PM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
When does Season 15 info come out? I think I'll finally be able to play!
It's on the schedule as two weeks from tomorrow, although we might end up putting it out earlier for more signup time if we get everything finalized.

Old July 27th, 2014, 10:32 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Ok, here's an attempt at a revised stalemate rules:

If at least 3 complete rounds go by and both of the following conditions are met:

1) There is no attack, glyph, or special ability activated that could:
a) add or remove wound markers
b) add or remove figures from the game
c) modify the amount of attack or defense rolled by a figure
d) cause control of a figure to change

2) Each player has been within threat range of their opponent at the start of the round and won initiative.

Then the game will be called on stalemate and the winner will be determined by partial card scoring.
Old July 27th, 2014, 10:36 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Also both players need to know at the start of those 3 rounds that this is happening. We don't want this to be a sneaky way to win.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 27th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post

If at least 3 complete rounds go by and both of the following conditions are met:

2) Each player has been within threat range of their opponent at the start of the round and won initiative.

Then the game will be called on stalemate and the winner will be determined by partial card scoring.
Couldn't I attack a friendly figure at the end of those three rounds just to extend the game? Or even just attempt to heal with say Kelda the Kyrie Warrior? I think they are good rules and need to be in place, but i also think there are lots of ways to get around them (one attack every three rounds.)

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old July 27th, 2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post

Couldn't I attack a friendly figure at the end of those three rounds just to extend the game? Or even just attempt to heal with say Kelda the Kyrie Warrior? I think they are good rules and need to be in place, but i also think there are lots of ways to get around them (one attack every three rounds.)
By 1a, healing would only count if it actually could have removed wound markers, so that's fine. The game's healing powers require a wounded figure, anyway.

1c seems like it could have loopholes with passive powers...do Frost Rage and Crag of Steel prevent it? I actually can't think of any reason for 1c...is there a specific power you had in mind, KD?

As for KS's point...that's tough to do anything about. The best we might be able to do is make sure people know the rule exists.

Old July 27th, 2014, 11:06 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I was thinking about not wanting to attack a counterstriking figure (sharwin wildborn, adjacent samurai) unless paralyzing stare or Whip activated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events