Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old January 14th, 2014, 10:55 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Suggestions for the Online Heroscape Organizers

I would like to see a different trap for the treasure glyphs. Heroes being stuck is too harsh a penalty in my opinion, and more oft than not isn't worth the reward. (someone did tell me the pit trap activation was there solely to not make Cyprien broken when it came to treasure collecting)

I'm not sure what the best trap option would be, just that I know I don't like the pit trap. I am partial to an undefended hit die being rolled against the offending hero. Not sure what other options could be explored....

Edit: maybe remove an order marker from the army card? That can be mitigated by removing an X, but still be a valuable trap.

Last edited by kevindola; January 14th, 2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old January 14th, 2014, 06:26 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know Panopticon usually features map-specific traps for his
tglyphs. Maybe options like that, that don't just punish the offending hero could be explored.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 19th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Xipta is a cool glyph but I don't think it works well in an online setting. There is always confusion on how it works, it is quite common for people to forget to number their order markers which leads to awkward situations, and the system of saying "I'm moving my Raelin 752 to Q9, and my Q9 733 to the Rats" is kind of awkward in itself. I think there are other options for moderately powered glyphs that would be easier to use online.
Old January 19th, 2014, 01:53 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Xipta is a cool glyph but I don't think it works well in an online setting. There is always confusion on how it works, it is quite common for people to forget to number their order markers which leads to awkward situations, and the system of saying "I'm moving my Raelin 752 to Q9, and my Q9 733 to the Rats" is kind of awkward in itself. I think there are other options for moderately powered glyphs that would be easier to use online.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 19th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Yeah. I like Xipta a lot, and it's a fun glyph to use (even online), but only when both players know exactly how to use it. We already used it less than the other glyphs (only once, as opposed to twice for almost all of the other glyphs we used), but I'm seeing more that it's probably better if we just drop it from the pool entirely.

Old February 3rd, 2014, 07:40 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

What do you guys think about resetting the dice off equalizer for the playoffs?
Old February 3rd, 2014, 08:02 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
What do you guys think about resetting the dice off equalizer for the playoffs?
For most, if they make the playoffs they are likely 2-2, so it doesn't matter much.

For those who are 3-1 or 1-3, I see no reason to reset the dice offs. I don't see any real injustice being done here.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:45 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What I would like to see, personally, is a rough schedule posted in the OPs of tourney signup threads. Like, for instance, "the tournament will begin the first week of April, and continue until mid-May." Knowing when the tournament is and how long it will last is a big factor in me signing up for stuff, just FWIW.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:51 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by El T View Post
What I would like to see, personally, is a rough schedule posted in the OPs of tourney signup threads. Like, for instance, "the tournament will begin the first week of April, and continue until mid-May." Knowing when the tournament is and how long it will last is a big factor in me signing up for stuff, just FWIW.
Well, the first round starts the day after signups are over, each round lasts a week, and there are four rounds (plus playoffs). You can probably do the math.

Old March 3rd, 2014, 04:10 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Stop these kind of seeds.

Old July 4th, 2014, 03:16 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

So I think somewhere it should be officially posted when the game is called due to a stalemate of non progression.

I've never seen it happen, but the question has come up in 2 games I have been involved in. My 4 hour marathon match with infectedsloth when Count Raymond and Me-Burq-Sa were dancing around each other in Season 10, and in my last Season 14 game with Dysole while I spent two rounds mobilizing my 15 goblin cutters while he just waited in the vicinity of his startzone.

Now in neither of those instances would I say the players were just staring at each other (Me-Burq-Sa approved pun). In the goblin cutter game, I was taking so much time because of the shear number of units I was trying to keep together, and in the first game Me-Burq-Sa would attack in a round he lost initiative. (although you could argue something like that is what the rule is there to prevent)

My understanding is that the game is called when 3 complete full rounds have gone by with no attacks attempted. Then it goes to partial card scoring.

I think that should be confirmed and officially posted somewhere (unless it already is and I missed it)

Also, if that is the case I think it should be modified to 'no attempted wounds'. What I mean to convey by that is to cover d20 abilities and Wannok. It seems like if the rule only covers attacks, then some funny scenarios could occur where you are trying to destroy your opponent, but not by actually attacking, so potentially the rule could be invoked.
Old July 4th, 2014, 05:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
My understanding is that the game is called when 3 complete full rounds have gone by with no attacks attempted. Then it goes to partial card scoring.

I think that should be confirmed and officially posted somewhere (unless it already is and I missed it)
That is the unofficial rule, and you're right that we should probably make it official. I'd consider making it something like "at least 3 rounds and at least [one/two] initiative switch[es]". I really want the stalemate rule to be very conservative. The goal is just to make it clear who wins if nobody does anything, as opposed to forcing the action when something would happen anyway, it's just taking a while.

Quote:
Also, if that is the case I think it should be modified to 'no attempted wounds'. What I mean to convey by that is to cover d20 abilities and Wannok. It seems like if the rule only covers attacks, then some funny scenarios could occur where you are trying to destroy your opponent, but not by actually attacking, so potentially the rule could be invoked.
I'd be fine with that. Feel free to propose formal language here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events