Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old June 30th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Online Player Rankings Thread

Hello everyone! We're quite pleased to offer our first public release of the player rankings that we've been using internally for a while. We have rankings for all 177 players who have played in any of the 24 events (totaling more than 1600 games!) we have run, up to and including Season 19. Here, we are just posting the top 35 rankings.

For those who are curious how this works, we are using the
Trueskill Trueskill
algorithm. This algorithm is based on the idea that everyone has a true playing skill level, but it's difficult to figure out what it is from game results. So, the algorithm estimates a range of what your true playing skill could be. The more you play, the tighter the range of this estimate becomes. The ranking of a player represents a conservative estimate (i.e. towards the bottom of the estimate range) of what that player's true playing skill might be.

We also use the Trueskill Through Time extension of Trueskill (pdf) to calculate rankings more accurately. This means that if you play someone who's 0-0, and then they tear off a huge winning streak, the algorithm will give you credit, in retrospect, for having played a good player.

Anyway, without further delay, here are the top 35 rankings!

EDIT:

Additionally, we now have "recent rankings", comprised of the top 20 players over the last year*:

* Actually, going back to the beginning of the latest event that was at least a year ago, so generally a little more than a year.

Last edited by dok; February 8th, 2022 at 12:51 AM. Reason: recent rankings added
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Player Rankings Thread

Yeah, I was at #25 but someone took it from me...

Last edited by MegaSilver; June 30th, 2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Xorlof!!! ..... :p
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:36 PM

bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker

Congrats to the top 15, and thanks to the OnlineHS guys for getting this up and running for us!

Are the rest of the rankings going to be posted soon, or is it going to be more of a leaderboard type thing?

bobinchese is Otonashi...
in the Immortal Cave...
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:48 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
It was bob, not Xorlof, who took it from you. Xorlof was merely the beneficiary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinchese View Post
Are the rest of the rankings going to be posted soon, or is it going to be more of a leaderboard type thing?
I doubt we will ever post the full rankings... posting the bottom third would amount to shaming those players (plus a bunch of those are 0-1 or 0-2 or something similarly insignificant). We might expand the published rankings a bit from top 25, and/or post the actual means and variances of each ranked player, at some point.

A personal note: of my 17 losses, 14 of them are to players in the top 25. 9 of them are to players in the top 10. To put that another way, I'm 7-9 against the rest of the top 10, 5-5 against 11-25... and 28-3 against everyone else.

Last edited by dok; July 1st, 2013 at 12:13 AM. Reason: And with considerable due respect to those three players, I made BIG mistakes in all three of those losses.
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Heh, I get to trashtalk my dad now and say that advanced statistics prove that I'm better than him.

Does this include the C3G events and the team event?
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:53 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Does this include the C3G events?

No, SLH is all by it's lonesome in that regard.

We're the red-headed stepchild compared to this do-hickey and OHS, though with dok's help we're not in the Stone Age anymore.

Last edited by MegaSilver; June 30th, 2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Yes, I know that bob's Zombies vs. my Vipers match done me in, but I had to take a jab at Xorlof too. ;)
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:57 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Does this include the C3G events
Nope.

Quote:
and the team event?
Yep. Took some very sophisticated implementation work by Xorlof, but yes.

Thanks to Xorlof's hard work, we are really at the cutting edge of research on ranking algorithms. Xorlof got quite a bit of help from the researchers themselves in setting this up; we supposedly have the first ever implementation of the Trueskill Through Time algorithm outside of Microsoft's internals.
Old June 30th, 2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Thanks to Xorlof's hard work, we are really at the cutting edge of research on ranking algorithms. Xorlof got quite a bit of help from the researchers themselves in setting this up; we supposedly have the first ever implementation of the Trueskill Through Time algorithm outside of Microsoft's internals.
O_O

Wow. That's awesome!
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:02 AM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

That is really cool. Kinda gives more incentive to win, as if you lose your first 2 games, you still will want to try to win, versus just giving up. Glad I made the top 25, time to climb my way higher, and get ready to defend my title as Gencon Team Champion.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:03 AM

bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
It was bob, not Xorlof, who took it from you. Xorlof was merely the beneficiary.
That's payback for keeping me out of playoffs last season

bobinchese is Otonashi...
in the Immortal Cave...
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinchese View Post
Quote:
Quote:
That's payback for keeping me out of playoffs last season
Which I promptly lost that too in my first game.
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:25 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks awesome! Is there a Trueskill numerical value given by this system? It's always interesting to see in these systems where there are big gaps between the top 5-10 and the rest.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events