Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old October 24th, 2012, 11:29 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Online HS: MAPS & FIGURES

Introduction
Online Heroscape has taken off, largely thanks to the hard labors of Filthy the Clown, dok, Xorlof, Awesomeunleashed, Kinseth, and Bengi.

What do you play on? Online GoogleDoc maps! Using high-quality photographic pics of the figures. This thread is the central repository for both. It's your one-stop shopping center for online play.

Accessing the Maps and Figures

It's super-easy. Just one step:
  1. Click on this link to Online HS: MAPS & FIGURES

Done! You can browse the subfolders, view boards and figures, and copy them to play on as you like.

If you'd like to make things easier for you next time, though, just continue with the following easy steps:
  2. Click on the "Google Drive" box at the top left. This will take you to your own Google Drive.
  3. In the left sidebar, click on "More" to reveal "All items". Click on "All items".
  4. You should now see (among other things) a folder titled "Online HS: MAPS & FIGURES". Drag it to the left sidebar and drop it on "My Drive".
Double done! Now that the shared folder is in your Google Drive, you can directly browse/view the boards and figures in it whenever you want, right from there. Even better, it will now automatically update to show new boards as they are added to our folder.

Playing on a Board
To make your own playable/editable copy of any of the boards, just open one of them, and select "Make a copy..." from the "File" menu. Populate it with your figures, fire up Filthy's app, and start playing. Of course, you can tweak that copy to your own liking, and save it locally, so you can use your own tweaked version as a template for your own future games.

Sharing your own online map
If you've created an online version of a map not yet included here — or composed one for a map already covered, but that is substantially different — just post it here. All we need is the link to your GoogleDoc. We'll take it from there. Just make sure the main top-down map image is nice and clear, and includes elevation markings. Mark every level (including level 0) with numbers except level 1, which should be left blank. Give us your Google/Gmail address too (in the post, or via PM), if you'd like editing rights to the public copy.

Other Handy Links
Online HS How-to-play
Online HS app
Online Heroscape Match Request Thread

Last edited by superfrog; July 25th, 2022 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added numbering guidlines
Old October 24th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: The BOARDS of ONLINE HEROSCAPE

There is already a thread in the Software page with lots of maps.

Though, none are converted to Google Docs.

Let's see OHS take off!
Old October 24th, 2012, 11:43 AM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
There is already a thread in the Software page with lots of maps.

Though, none are converted to Google Docs.

Let's see OHS take off!
Huge props to Fi Skirata for maintaining the Maps of Heroskype.

This seemed a substantially different thingy to me, different enough to warrant its own new thread. (And in the Maps subforum.)

But if there's strong feeling the other way, I'll consider migrating/disposing/subsuming it.

Last edited by Typhon2222; October 24th, 2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old October 24th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Old October 24th, 2012, 12:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I completely agree with making a new thread, for a couple reasons:
  1. We are almost exclusively using these maps in google docs as part of the integrated online interface, so there's no point in forcing people to go through an extra step of creating a document instead of copying an existing one.

2. I strongly dislike the "Heroskype" name. I believe that the previous sentence marks the second time I have ever typed it on these forums (and the first time in almost a year). I dislike it because it creates a false impression about how we play. Granted, it was accurate back when people were saying "I move Sir Gilbert to G3" to each other on skype. But that stopped being the way we did things by round 2 of the first online event. When we use this term, we perpetuate an incorrect impression.
As an aside with respect to the gameboards you have made, Typhon: I don't particularly like the "casualty areas". The main reason is that they take up space, which means that everything else must be smaller to accomodate them. Also, some people simply delete their casualties unless they have some significance (e.g. zombies or skeletons or vikings), and in several of those cases a casualty area actually isn't helpful (since the location of the destroyed figure is significant).
Old October 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I completely agree with making a new thread, for a couple reasons:
  1. We are almost exclusively using these maps in google docs as part of the integrated online interface, so there's no point in forcing people to go through an extra step of creating a document instead of copying an existing one.

2. I strongly dislike the "Heroskype" name. I believe that the previous sentence marks the second time I have ever typed it on these forums (and the first time in almost a year). I dislike it because it creates a false impression about how we play. Granted, it was accurate back when people were saying "I move Sir Gilbert to G3" to each other on skype. But that stopped being the way we did things by round 2 of the first online event. When we use this term, we perpetuate an incorrect impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
As an aside with respect to the gameboards you have made, Typhon: I don't particularly like the "casualty areas". The main reason is that they take up space, which means that everything else must be smaller to accomodate them. Also, some people simply delete their casualties unless they have some significance (e.g. zombies or skeletons or vikings), and in several of those cases a casualty area actually isn't helpful (since the location of the destroyed figure is significant).
Hey, what can I say? I have a big monitor, so saving space isn't that significant. But that's not the main issue for me. I like the Casualties boxes because I can see, at a single, glance, who has lost what. I HATE having to hunt around the entire online board to see where an opponent's killed figures are. So I like boxes to encourage people to line up their killed figures in a clearly-defined area, rather than scattering them, willy-nilly, around the margins of the map image.

And for the Gods of Valhalla's sake, people, please stop giving me flak about the casualties boxes! MegaSilver was the first to suggest that we make ready-to-play GoogleDocs boards with the map images already pre-loaded. A great idea. But it got no response whatsoever. So I thought, what the heck, somebody's gotta get things started, and began cranking out my first few pre-loaded boards. Of course I went with my own preferences when creating them. And of course I expected others to have different ideas about what constituted an ideal layout. That's precisely why I started this thread, and set this new system up: so we can start enjoying a *variety* of ready-to-play boards catering to all tastes. So stop your bellyaching, and start posting some boards instead.

Last edited by Typhon2222; October 25th, 2012 at 03:45 AM.
Old October 24th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

While I personally do like the idea of a causalities box, the location you put them in is what irks people, I think. Outside of the "white space" of the docs would be the best place, and leave the boxes uncolored. That way the maps can be larger, and the

I play on either a small monitor or a very small laptop, so I can hardly see the map+figures without going Full Screen.

So yes, create the boxes. Just put them farther out in the Google Doc (in the gray area), and turn the color off (but keep the black border).

I don't have time to create any Docs, but I would if I could.

Also, Typhoon, thanks for the plug!
Old October 24th, 2012, 03:49 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
I like the Casualties boxes because I can see, at a single, glance, who has lost what. I HATE having to hunt around the entire online board to see where an opponent's killed figures are. So I like boxes to encourage people to line up their killed figures in a clearly-defined area, rather than scattering them, willy-nilly, around the margins of the map image.

And for the Gods of Valhalla's sake, people, please stop giving me flak about the casualties boxes!
Or you can do what I do and just put all of the destroyed figures in one area without an obnoxiously large box to pin them in.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 24th, 2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
I like the Casualties boxes because I can see, at a single, glance, who has lost what. I HATE having to hunt around the entire online board to see where an opponent's killed figures are. So I like boxes to encourage people to line up their killed figures in a clearly-defined area, rather than scattering them, willy-nilly, around the margins of the map image.

And for the Gods of Valhalla's sake, people, please stop giving me flak about the casualties boxes!
Or you can do what I do and just put all of the destroyed figures in one area without an obnoxiously large box to pin them in.
Gah.

Come on folks, enough. Please stop the (at this point belabored, counter-productive, and rather insensitive) poking, and start posting the kinds of boards you'd like to see. I'll gladly add them, so others who share your preferences in board layouts can enjoy them too. That's exactly why I started this.

Last edited by Typhon2222; October 24th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:51 PM

I've added a text box to each map, providing link to the original PDF build instructions. If you don't want to keep them on the board as reference, they're easily deleted.

And given the....ahem....gentle suggestions to make the top-down map images larger, I've gone back and tweaked all the boards posted so far. Every map pic now occupies as much space as possible within the GoogleDoc frame, with boxes and 3D ref image sidelined.

Last edited by Typhon2222; October 24th, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I've added a text box to each map, providing link to the original PDF build instructions. If you don't want to keep them on the board as reference, they're easily deleted.

And given the....ahem....gentle suggestions to make the top-down map images larger, I've gone back and tweaked all the boards posted so far. Every map pic now occupies as much space as possible within the GoogleDoc frame, with boxes and 3D ref image sidelined.
Typhon, I appreciate everything you're doing here. Don't take my ribbing too seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Typhon2222 again.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Typhon, I appreciate everything you're doing here. Don't take my ribbing too seriously.
Oh shucks, don't make me blow air kisses at ya.

Here's hoping people will feel free to edit the heck out of my templates and post them back here, along with ones for new maps.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events