Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old October 6th, 2018, 10:43 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Squirrel Girl (Playtesting Phase)

Definitely hoping for some more tests here - I'm feeling like she's a little too hot right now, so I'd like to either see someone assuage my fears or solidify that she needs a change.
Old October 8th, 2018, 10:26 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

I still need to do my second game for her test- will hand in a report as soon as I get the chance

What's up with claymation?
Old October 9th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Definitely hoping for some more tests here - I'm feeling like she's a little too hot right now, so I'd like to either see someone assuage my fears or solidify that she needs a change.
Is post #2 the most updated version of Squirrel Girl or just the base and variants are buried within the threads.
If it's not, would you please post the version where we're at now?

Thanks.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old October 9th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
Is post #2 the most updated version of Squirrel Girl or just the base and variants are buried within the threads.
If it's not, would you please post the version where we're at now?

Thanks.
Second post is still up to date. Any changes are just suggestions at this point.
Old October 14th, 2018, 07:49 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Squirrel Girl

Army Test
Map: Under the L
Units: Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, Hulk vs TMNT
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Ruined Pier
Units: Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, Hulk vs Thanos, Red Skull, Venom
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Squirrel Girl is not for someone that doesn't know what they're doing. That's why I like to play test against the Turtles, they can do well even when a 7 year old is running them. I think the cost was about right. She fits an army as a late round ranged threat that can unleash a barrage of attacks. Trick is getting her to the late rounds though. She felt like she should cost as much as Spider-Man and I could see playing an army with her on it again.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: More of the same that I've said earlier. I enjoyed her, but I used her incorrectly. I plan on using her again though and getting it right. I would love to have her come out from behind a wall in the 4th or 5th round send 6 or 7 squirrels at someone or multiple someones.

Last edited by shaolin; October 30th, 2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old October 15th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Yeah, not a great showing for her! However, it was useful - the fact she's such a glass jaw does say to me that things might lean in the "keep her back for as long as possible" direction.

I'm thinking of ticking her points up 10-20 and her Life up to 5. There's an issue of Squirrel Girl recently where she rescues Kraven from an electrified cage (houses in a dinosaur Ultron's chest obviously) just by brute forcing it, and Kraven says something like "oh wow I didn't know you were immune to electricity" and she's all blackened and angry looking. Which, at the time, said to me that 4L/4D is underselling her a bit.
Old October 15th, 2018, 10:14 AM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Yeah, not a great showing for her! However, it was useful - the fact she's such a glass jaw does say to me that things might lean in the "keep her back for as long as possible" direction.

I'm thinking of ticking her points up 10-20 and her Life up to 5. There's an issue of Squirrel Girl recently where she rescues Kraven from an electrified cage (houses in a dinosaur Ultron's chest obviously) just by brute forcing it, and Kraven says something like "oh wow I didn't know you were immune to electricity" and she's all blackened and angry looking. Which, at the time, said to me that 4L/4D is underselling her a bit.
I don’t read enough Squirrel Girl to dispute that, I only know her from guest spots really. Having Thanos sneak up behind her and vaporize her in one turn felt plausible, but he could’ve done that with 5 with the right roll. I wouldn’t give her more than 5 life though, I don’t think she should be more durable than say Spider-Man or someone like that.

But yeah, stick her behind a wall and let her gather squirrel markers, maybe move her into deeper cover once or twice to get some extras, and then come out of nowhere with 6 or 7 (or more) attacks. That’s definitely the way to use her.

Last edited by shaolin; October 15th, 2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old October 15th, 2018, 11:41 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

When I played her, I didn't feel like she was obtusely weak. She can move on defense which allows her to kite pretty effectively. Sure, if a heavy hitter gets in there, she can die in a big swing, but so could a lot of characters. I don't think the plethora of tests thus far has shown a great enough need for stat bumps, but if that is the direction you prefer, so be it.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 15th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I was about to say, in my last test she survived against a fair amount of firepower. I actually went the opposite way as Shaolin. I started off by keeping her in the back and didn't find it particularly effective. Then, I used her as an up-front combatant and had a ton of success.
Old October 15th, 2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
When I played her, I didn't feel like she was obtusely weak. She can move on defense which allows her to kite pretty effectively. Sure, if a heavy hitter gets in there, she can die in a big swing, but so could a lot of characters. I don't think the plethora of tests thus far has shown a great enough need for stat bumps, but if that is the direction you prefer, so be it.
Yeah honestly I think I didn’t do well with her because I forget she can move after attacking. She would’ve lasted much longer had I played her right. Keep in mind I only started playing HS maybe 6 months ago so I’m still learning the game. My playtests will probably be better examples of strategic weaknesses than design flaws, at least for the time being
Old October 15th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
Yeah honestly I think I didn’t do well with her because I forget she can move after attacking. She would’ve lasted much longer had I played her right. Keep in mind I only started playing HS maybe 6 months ago so I’m still learning the game. My playtests will probably be better examples of strategic weaknesses than design flaws, at least for the time being
I can be pretty forgetful when it comes to special powers. Something that I've found works for me is writing a little reminder for the power on a sticky note and sticking it near the card. Something like "After attacking: don't forget SG can leap"
Old October 15th, 2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I was about to say, in my last test she survived against a fair amount of firepower. I actually went the opposite way as Shaolin. I started off by keeping her in the back and didn't find it particularly effective. Then, I used her as an up-front combatant and had a ton of success.
I had a little success against venom, but only had 3 squirrel markers each time I attacked so I only managed a few wounds. She had no luck against the turtles and their stupid shells with the 6 defense dice. But I feel like if she attacks someone who rolls 4 or less with double what I was attacking with she could take them out completely in one turn, rather than chip away and leave herself open for return fire. It’s my theory anyway, gotta actually try it out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library