Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old June 22nd, 2018, 06:35 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 31 - Draft (Championship)

I think not. Different round. Same Result. Mark it down.

After not seeing the table in my first 3 games, the Skull demon has been drafted in each of my final 3 (including #1 pick twice!)
Old June 25th, 2018, 01:31 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Draft results so far.

Kevindola chooses to keep the #1 pick and drafts Skull Demon
Kinseth takes 2x squads of Nhah Scirh Cultists
Kevindola takes 2x Phantom Knights
Kinseth takes 1x Air Elemental, 1xDeath Knights of Valkrill.
Kevindola is on the clock.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 28th, 2018, 01:45 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Draft is over, but both of us are going on vacation for a week+. I imagine this will be played in a couple of weeks. You can take bets in the meantime as we are all done drafting. A bit different then our first time around

Kinseth: Cultists x3, deathknights x2, Air Elemental x2, Dumutef x2
kevindola: Phantom Knights x3, Dreadgul Raiders x3, Skull Demon
Old September 13th, 2018, 08:31 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Scheduled for today at 11:00am central (+/-30 min)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post

Kinseth: Cultists x3, deathknights x2, Air Elemental x2, Dumutef x2
kevindola: Phantom Knights x3, Dreadgul Raiders x3, Skull Demon
EDIT: Game over. A 9 rounds slugfest that saw a single life Skull Demon and a solitary Phantom Knight on the board to give me the tournament victory.

Will do a more detailed report at a later time. gg though Kinseth. Another barn burner

Last edited by kevindola; September 13th, 2018 at 02:46 PM.
Old September 14th, 2018, 02:56 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Re: OHS Season 31 - CONGRATS KEVINDOLA

Season 31 Finals!
A rematch from earlier in the season, but the draft went a bit different:

Kevindola: Skull Demon, Phantom Knights x3, Dreadgul Raiders x3
Kinseth: Nhah Cultists x3, deathknights of Valkrill x2, Dumutef Guard x2, Air Elemental x2

I liked the way I scored my finals report from Season 30, so I’m going to do something similar for this battle report. Kinseth had 20 single life figures, and I had 18 with a 3 life figure so….first one to 0 LOSES:

Lives
Kevindola: 21
Kinseth: 20

Round 1: kevindola wins initiative
This was an all melee brawl on a map with lava height no less. The match was going to be a plodding one as both sides felt each other out rolling up their units while avoiding the lava. The air elementals were huge in our first meeting at stopping my cultists and dreadgul attacks, but I had Phantom Knights this time (more on this later). Still where the attacks would come would be interesting. The first round was all positioning with me putting an order marker on each my army cards while Kinseth sent out his air elementals twice with DK support and one OM on Nhah.

Life Counter
Kinseth: 20

Round 2: Kinseth wins initiative
The attacks don’t take quite as long to come as you might think. Kinseth moves out Nhah first, and because he has 2 Oms on each unit, I strongly believe that his #2 is on deathknights. In fact I hold my breath planning on it. Because of his unit placement (both DK bonders, and Cultist) Each kill I get on OM1 will reduce his counter attack quantity by 1. (i.e. My placement allows him 3 units in attack range. Each unit I kill of those 3 reduces the figures he can attack) So I send out PKs on my first OM to attack. But here we pause for 15 minutes to decide if Swirling Vortex affects flying figures or not. This is unfortunate for Kinseth because positioning and potentially even our drafting may have gone differently had be known the answer to the problem of the ambiguous wording of the card. Judges and FAQ rule that the Phantoms are not prone to the Vortex so we carry on with the knights claiming height. My attacks kill an Air Elemental and deathknight. As anticipated his #2 is DK and he gets a single attack which misses. I retreat on my #2 to avoid the cultist swarm. On my #3, I take another calculated gamble by flying Phantoms in again while also claiming Dagmar to count on an initiative switch. My two attacks both fail though.

Life Counter
Kinseth: 18

Round 3: kevindola wins initiative (thanks to Dagmar)
I do get the initiative (exhale), otherwise he gets to slaughter two prone PKs for free. Anyway I use the turn to take all the 3 lava height. This round was just a back and forth attack and dice fest with me having height for the majority of the fight until T3 when I hopped off the lava. Also the 4 activation per OM showed nicely as he snuck a Cultist into my SZ. The body count was 3 cultists, 1 dreadgul, 3 Phantoms

Life Counter
Kevindola: 17
Kinseth: 15

Round 4: Kinseth wins initiative
A timely initiative switch for Kinseth and he starts scuttling more cultists into my SZ to hit sleeping dreadguls. Again more back and forth attacks with cultists vs. my units the dreadguls getting their first attacking order marker. Kinseth has a wicked 3 kill OM1 that leaves me reeling, but the dreadguls hit back. We are back to the same wound differential we started at. A very bloody round as 9 figures are taken off the board. I do claim Dagmar again as I needed an initiative switch to get rid of those cultists bloodying my SZ.

Life Counter
Kevindola: 12
Kinseth: 11

Round 5: kevindola wins initiative (thanks to Dagmar)
I have been on the receiving end of multiple Dagmar Initiative losses, so it refereshing (to me) to win 2 initiatives that I would have lost except for Dagmar. Both critical in this game. I use the initiative to clear out the Cultists leaving 4, and then kill the last air elemental after it failed an attack. Not much else besides positioning on this round except that Kinseth took Xipta and then hit the roll for it.

Life Counter
Kevindola: 12
Kinseth: 9

Round 6: kevindola wins initiative (really big 8-7 win)
I switch my OM2 from Dreads to PKs after a lot of thinking about with the Xipta roll. This was a huge roll because Kinseth had positioned his last squad of Cultists into attacking position. The initiative allowed me to get heightened attacks with the PKs killing 2 and leaving 2 cultists. Cultists fail 2 attacks against PKs and then I make the only move that I really regret after the game. With my #2 moved to PK I had the option of retreating with no attacks. Staying on lava for even PKvCultist attacks, taking low ground for PKvCultist attacks, or aggressively advancing taking lava for heightened attacks on deathknights/heroes. One of the things that makes heroscape great. Lots of choices, lots of risk/rewards. At the end of the day, I decided to advance the PKs for the opportunity against the deathknights. With only 2 cultists left on the board I thought if I could take out 2 figures in my 3 attacks I would have the game won. I don’t know about that, but I do know I only killed 1 figure in those attacks (a Dumutef) which was highly important, but the 3 PKs I sacrificed would have been better used conservatively at a later time. Nhahs were next and they failed attacks again, this time against Dreadguls. Dreads kill 1 in counter attack. The DKs and their Dummy could only kill 1 of my stranded PKs, but lava went 100% and killed the other 2. INFINITE REGRET!!! Still things look pretty good. 1 cultist, 3 deathknights, Dumutef vs. 1 PK, 5 Dreads, Skull Demon

Life Counter
Kevindola: 9
Kinseth: 5

Round 7: kevindola wins initiative
I kill the last cultist and the deathknights come charging in. The road boosted Dumutef gets a big 2 wound hit on the Skull Demon, and the deathknights kill 2 dreadguls. Dreadguls throw some big skulls to kill a deathknight and the Dumutef, but another 2 get dropped like butter from Soul Weapons. Dreadguls were just obliterated by the DKs. Lucky they put up some big skulls to hit back. This leaves 2 deathknights vs. 1 dreadgul, 1 Phantom Knight, 1 life Skull Demon. Yikes I thought I was sitting good with the 5 dreadguls, but they disappeared quickly.

Life Counter
Kevindola: 3
Kinseth: 2

Round 8: kevindola wins initiative
A pretty key initiative. Skull Demon is able to get lava height, but is blocked. Then what is probably the last crucial moment of the game, and if Kinseth wants to explain his reasoning he may, Kinseth forgoes the 1v3 up at the Demon to go for a 3v2 down on my last PK (who has an order marker), but he has to disengage to do so which is a skull. The last deathknight does kill the last dreadgul.

Kevindola: 2
Kinseth: 1

Round 9: kevindola wins initiative

I get first strike with this initiative and the 4v5 attack from the Skull Demon wins the game. Whew. I take it with the 1 life Skull and a lone Phantom Knight

Final Score
Kevindola: 2
Kinseth: 0

Fantastic Game as always with Kinseth, and a worthy championship. Somewhat marred by swirling vortex confusion, but nonetheless a well fought game. The cultists are just so good with 4 activations and most-of-the-time disengage. They could bounce around selecting targets with 4 attacks while I had to be more careful with only have 3 attacks. The phantom knights were excellent though. I had height in a lot of PK vs. Cultist engagements and I think that swung the meat of that battle towards me. I did some wound analysis on the game, but here is what I pulled out for Cultists which I thought was interesting

Cultists got 9 kills in 23 attacks against my squads.
15 even ground attacks, 6 low ground attacks, 2 heightened attacks. (both heights vs. Dreads. All 6 low vs. PKs)

Phantoms got 9 kills in 19 attacks against Cultists.
5 even ground attacks,2 low ground attack 12 heightened attacks

Dreadguls got 3 kills in 6 attacks against Cultists
All 6 even ground

Head to head in the matchup and dice though the PKs owned the Cultists. A vast majority of the time they attacked each other the PK had height. The cultists made good use of their extra activation and disengage though to do some good damage to the dreadguls which kept it a game.

Great tournament though. I had two very exciting and well played playoff games. This one and then my win over Bigga with a single life Skull Demon. I luckily happened to be on the winning side of both. GG again Kinseth.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events