Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old May 16th, 2017, 02:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 27 - ROUND 4

Yeah, even with the Varja having the unfortunate early preformance and doing nearly nothing, I appeared in control of the game right up to the final round. Then there was a sequence where you had 8 unanswered squaddie kills. Kind of brutal, but live by the revive, die by the revive, I guess.

The game did show the power of height advantage even for a melee army, though. Running downhill through the jungle meant I rolled 5 defense a whole lot in that game, which is what allowed me to get in such a nice position in the first place.

Thus I complete my... tenth 4-1 season? The Peyton Manning of OHS.

The Finals are on In Betweener.

The kevindola (4-1) v. Ixe (4-1) pool of armies is:
* Omegacron, Omnicron Snipers x2, Omnicron Repulsors x3, Beorn Boltcutter, Axegrinders of Burning Forge
* Bramcephys, Goblin Cutters x4, Krav Maga Agents, Rygarn, Otonashi
kevindola chooses to bid first or defer.
Old May 16th, 2017, 02:23 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I don't know if zombies run, but I can picture them rolling down the hill (maybe hitting a tree or bush) and then getting back up and shambling on.
Old May 19th, 2017, 11:48 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Ixe and I are planning on playing the Finals on Monday or Tuesday night.

Ixe will be playing my full army
Omegacron, Omnicron Snipers x2, Omnicron Repulsors x3, Beorn Boltcutter, Axegrinders of Burning Forge x1

and I will be playing his full army with first placement
Bramcephys, Goblin Cutters x4, Krav Maga Agents, Rygarn, Otonashi
Old May 22nd, 2017, 08:23 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Ixe and I are playing the Finals now. There might be a break during the game, but we're getting started now.
Old May 22nd, 2017, 10:20 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

I won my 9th OHS tournament title. And 5 out of the last 6.

I took the middle with the Goblin army and led Kravs. The Kravs took out 5 repulsors and 2 snipers before being caught by Omegacron and two of them taken out.

Next up I sent Bramcephys up against the forward Omegacron, but he took 8 wounds in two order markers from Omega. And even though I got 2 attacks of 6 both were blocked and Bram died to lava.

But the goblins were ready to do some work. Unfortunately Ixe thought that Omega's Directed Fire reset Scurry and so could attack up to 3 goblins per OM. That was not the case so the goblins only lost one per OM and quickly eliminated the axegrinders and Jandar bots.

I sent out Rygarn and hit two key temporal jumps to gain height on Omegacron and my attacks of 5v6 did more damage than his 2x 3v4 + teleport. Rygarn then finished off Beorn who was tired of fixing the Large Bot. He used all 3 upgrades in the game.

I won with 10 goblin cutters, 3 life Rygarn, and Otonashi left.

gg Ixe!

See everyone at the next event!

EDIT: Commenting on the event.

Really fun playing these asymmetrical maps, but oh what a headache to try and get down to the nitty gritty last figure for bidding. The bidding process against @Chris Perkins , @Dysole , and @dok was particularly painful figuring out just exactly how many mezzodemons and zombies I would be willing to face and how much to drop with height against the Shades/Dumutef/Mummy crudfest.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 08:02 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good game, kevindola, and congrats! I again made a few blunders in picking where I initially over valued Omegacron since I utterly misread that his squad attack was a single turn (I thought I would reliably get 3 attacks on the cutters) and I blanked that the attacks only worked on unengaged figures, making it that much harder to take on the Krav. Even then I still wanted my army overall but I was hoping that I would get bid down a little in the process (a similar strategy (and misread) blew up in my face against dok as well).

For the match itself, I basically lost against the Krav with their steady defense keeping them protected. I got way luckier than I had any right to against Bramcephys (he only claimed an upgrade marker off Omegacron) but I had little real hope against the cutters. It wasn't looking good for me anyway, but hot dice with Rygarn really drove the match home.

The format was interesting although I must agree with kevindola that the bidding process can take a while. There were more than a few times where my opponent and I would nickle and dime each other back and forth, sometimes raising the bid as little as 2.5 points in some cases. It's definitely a skill testing format that demands a strong understanding of not only the armies (which I got burned twice by) but the map and glyphs. Placing first was fairly important but there were a few maps that didn't really make a difference and some where the "worse" low ground option was actually better for easy access to powerful glyphs. I think my initial impression was right that a fair number of matches would be decided before the first initiative was rolled.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events