Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 28th, 2018, 11:56 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shurrig's Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Dig the new map, JS! It got me really intrigued and wanting to test it out! Looks cool and it looks like it does have good flow.

A couple things:

I am a little concerned about the center area. A well-placed Deathreaver or Gladiatron can lock down a lot of that area. You could maybe open it up a little (maybe?) or soften the elevation differences at least by lowering it a little (also maybe? not sure how well that would work as far as the build itself goes). I would also consider removing some of those battlements - while they look cool, they're really going to hinder any melee units with a height of 4 or less, and that area has enough chokepoint action going on as-is. They don't all need to come off, and you could maybe rearrange them onto other parts of the map too, but I feel like there should be some access points for those shorter melee guys.

Parts of the map look a little open, especially if you go left from the start zone. It's nothing terrible, but you might play around with trees and extra columns you have to see if you can't find an easy way to lessen the shooting lanes that range has currently. Probably not necessary, but if it's easy and it works, then hey, it was easy and it worked.

Final mild concern is that road has a lot of high ground here (instead of leading to high ground), which gives range a bit of an advantage because they don't have to leave it to have height on most parts of the map, and melee will only be able to engage range at even ground one-by-one. However, it doesn't look terrible on this map. It's another "if it's easy to mess with and works better, then great - if not, the map is still good" things.

Really impressed with this first draft. If any of my suggestions work out for you then awesome, but if not it still looks like something I'd like to play on and try out.
Thanks! I had originally placed the battlements in front of the start zone, which would tend to push armies out to the edge, but after playing it several times I would tend to notice that the battlements are troublesome to get around, but it's in their nature to be annoying I guess. I think I may scrap them completely honestly, and I'll take everything else you said and try to come up with something. Appreciate you guys' feedback!
Old March 2nd, 2018, 05:35 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Nomad @Robber @Sir Heroscape @BiggaBullfrog Hey guys, thinking about sending this in as my second submission. I know y'all might be busy what with the contest going on, but if you could give me any feedback on this map it would be greatly appreciated!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_td...ew?usp=sharing
Old March 2nd, 2018, 07:24 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I really like it overall. It seems a bit large, but both the road and move glyph help with that and it’s relatively flat enough to develop fairly well. I like it! My only suggestion would be to try an iteration of it where you scale it down to a shorter map but achieve essentially the same overall footprint and map design. Instead of a size 12 foot size...make it a size 10 ya know? I think that will make it more balanced when a fast army grabs and controls the move glyph... cause the move glyph in this map will really swing who has map control because of how much time will be spent just getting into position.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 3rd, 2018, 02:15 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Really neat design here. I like that you're trying to make a bigger map and keep it balanced. My two main concerns are that the top of the hill looks like it can get pretty congested, which could make it easily defendable. That leads into my second concern - if an army is able to win an early skirmish and take the high ground, they'll probably be able to steamroll the game from there since it's got pretty good dominance over the glyphs and rest of the map as well.

That said, it looks interesting enough that I'd still give it a shot as-is. Just some food for thought as you continue revision for submission.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 3rd, 2018, 03:22 PM

@Sir Heroscape @BiggaBullfrog really appreciate the feedback, here's an updated version of my Forgotten Forest Road map. I tried to shorten up the map a bit and open up the middle to allow less congestion, but let me know what you guys think!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1amE...ew?usp=sharing
Old March 3rd, 2018, 03:54 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Ooo much better. I think this version is solid!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 4th, 2018, 02:37 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Yup, I like the rework. Doesn't completely nullify my worries of steamroll-ability, but it does help them and I think it would be a fun one to test out. I can' think of any big comments to mention further - it's probably playtesting and refining from here. Good job!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 4th, 2018, 01:23 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Interesting design - I would be willing to take a closer look at it if submitted for the contest. Nothing jumps out as a glaring issue. Well done.
Old September 7th, 2018, 07:06 PM

I have some 30 maps saved on my laptop. However, other than just uploading them onto a google drive, I don't know how to share them on this website. Is there a way to just have them as a downloadable link here on the website?
Old September 7th, 2018, 07:11 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You have to be a site supporter to upload to the downloads section. That's $15/year or $45 once. But the Google Drive thing really works well too.

I always think that removing the table (Configuration > Preferences > Uncheck the "Display Table" box) makes maps look a little better, but other than that, I think you're sharing them quite well.
Old September 8th, 2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
You have to be a site supporter to upload to the downloads section. That's $15/year or $45 once. But the Google Drive thing really works well too.

I always think that removing the table (Configuration > Preferences > Uncheck the "Display Table" box) makes maps look a little better, but other than that, I think you're sharing them quite well.
Okay! Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'll get to uploading them hopefully sooner than later
Old September 23rd, 2018, 11:18 PM

Just updated the google drive link that has some of my favorite maps I've made, I'm hoping to go in and kind of divvy them up into maps that are more competitive and those that are more casual/scenario maps. Once I do that, I'll be trying upload more often.

Also, you'll probably notice that almost all my maps use road tiles, so I apologize for my bias. Right now I only have 3 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 VW, 2 RttFF, and 1 FotA in my collection, so since I make most of these maps for me and my friends, they look somewhat same-y. I'm working on improving my versatility, but man is it fun to play on and make maps with road tiles.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios