Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 5th, 2012, 03:49 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Shard 11/5 - Feedback Wanted!!

For Reckless Barrage I would say something more like:
"Shard may attack up to two additional times. If Shard attacks one or two additional times, place one wound marker on this card."

I'm not sure I recommend Human, necessarily.

Why did you choose "Driven" as the personality?

I'm not sure that Resilience will work on Reckless Barrage since she is not 'receiving' a wound.

I like the character. She may prove to be over-priced or just right, since using Reckless Barrage repeatedly will make her survivability more chancy. At the same time, it increases her odds for using Resilience, which is very cool.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:58 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
For Reckless Barrage I would say something more like:
"Shard may attack up to two additional times. If Shard attacks one or two additional times, place one wound marker on this card."
Good suggestion, I had changed the power from an earlier version and kept the wording, didn't really think about making it better.

Quote:
I'm not sure I recommend Human, necessarily.
I'm probably just finding a new sculpt entirely.

Quote:
Why did you choose "Driven" as the personality?
It seemed to fit the theme of ignoring danger or the threat of death because of a goal of some sorts.

Quote:
I'm not sure that Resilience will work on Reckless Barrage since she is not 'receiving' a wound.
I can just change it to say "If one or more wound markers would be placed on this card...

Quote:
I like the character. She may prove to be over-priced or just right, since using Reckless Barrage repeatedly will make her survivability more chancy. At the same time, it increases her odds for using Resilience, which is very cool.
Thanks, when I first thought of these powers I really liked their interaction, I'm glad others do to.
Old November 6th, 2012, 12:15 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd like to echo what the others have been saying about the interaction with the two powers. That's really well done.
I think the sculpt works as Warforged (but then I don't know D&D that well to say does and does not look like a Warforged. I do know what is out there for other Warforged miniatures and you probably won't find something better. The best choice would be the Warforged Hero but that miniature is about $10 most places.
Old November 6th, 2012, 01:02 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Customs - Gaelikon 11/6 - Feedback Wanted!!

Shard replaced by Gaelikon, same stats/powers, different general/race/sculpt.
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wonder how I'd feel about Resilience on a human figure if there hadn't been a Warforged to compare it to? Maybe it's the sculpt, or maybe it's the predecessor bias that makes it feel like a bad fit. *shrug*

You have a small typo in Resilience ("to to" should be "two to").
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:09 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The sculpt doesn't seem like a fit for those powers to me. The sculpt doesn't look reckless enough.

--
--
--

--
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:11 PM

Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby!

I agree with Shedim Kabal, Resilience does seem just a little strange on a human.

If you named it something like "Hiding Behind This Big Ol' Shield", I could see it working very well with this sculpt. Referencing the properties of the sculpt will help tie the whole card together.

Ashus is Empress Kiova...
in The Cave of Hope...
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

It was the first widely available fighter type I found, I thought it looked good enough. Do any of you have suggestions?
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
It was the first widely available fighter type I found, I thought it looked good enough. Do any of you have suggestions?
The Warforged Bodyguard? Something like 60 available on abprices - though it doesn't look Reckless.

War Ape? Looks tough as nails and reckless as a mountain goat. Plus he could go Vydar (which is a plus). The powers seem derivative of the g-nators and sculpt... Around 60 of those.

Azer Fighter, meh on availability and style.

You could probably convince me with certain Dwarf sculpts, and some of the demon/insect ones.
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:59 PM
This is merely a joke.

How's this? 70+ available without digging too deep, looks pretty aggressive to me.

Do you think I could get away with putting this guy under a non-Utgar general? Would Einar work? Would Aquilla work? I don't think Utgar needs more units if I can help it...
Old November 6th, 2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

How's this? 70+ available without digging too deep, looks pretty aggressive to me.

Do you think I could get away with putting this guy under a non-Utgar general? Would Einar work? Would Aquilla work? I don't think Utgar needs more units if I can help it...
I saw a cool Half-Orc Jandar Paladin made from that figure.

--
--
--

--
Old November 12th, 2012, 04:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

Re: Superfrog's Customs - Thrangir 11/12 - Feedback Wanted!!

Finally posted a card with the half-orc paladin, same stats/powers, race and class changed.

Thoughts?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards