Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old April 6th, 2019, 08:12 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Welcome to C3G! – Directory

Congrats my friend!
Old April 7th, 2019, 08:34 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well here I am. 90,000 posts. It didn’t take as long as I thought it would! With 12 years on Scapers, that’s only about 7,500 a year!

I know that seems crazy to a lot of you (maybe all of you), but as I intimated to Mr. Nobody yesterday when he was getting access to the Outer Sanctum, I recognize the Matrix for what it is now. I’ve been over the rainbow and down the rabbit hole.

For all of you who’ve just done Heroscapers or Heroscape and have never done C3G, to me you’re still in Kansas during the dust bowl, living life in sepia tones. Nothing has brought more color, joy, angst, passion, debate, excitement, and comradery to my life this last decade that this crazy little superhero guild that Griffin and GreyOwl and Markb and Necroblade and Balantai and MattHelms and Whitestuff and Spidey’tilIDie and a few others helped me start up almost a decade ago now (look out for our big anniversary release on the 23rd!).

A little about me you may not know: contrary to popular belief, my name is not Bruce Wayne. He’s just a close personal friend who provides us a lot of funding and support. My first name is Nick. Nick, in Greek (I learned growing up) means “leader of his people.” I always thought that was a funny fit for me. I never had “people.” I didn’t see myself as much of a leader.

That’s where I have you all to thank. You’re my “people” and have been all the way. I truly care and deeply enjoy each of you – from your quirky senses of humor, your passion and drive for getting designs just right, your love for the source material, or the hours you’ve poured into making this silly little vision we came up with a decade ago continue to flourish.

My screenname, IAmBatman, comes from an old Snicker’s commercial about a football player getting hit in the head and thinking he’s Batman: “I’m Batman! Do you want to take a ride with me in the Batmobile?”

I’m definitely a fan of the character and have been since the hallowed days of Tim Burton’s Batman and Batman the Animated Series and my first venture into comics just around the time of Knightfall (Tim Drake will always be my favorite Robin – shame on you New 52 for trying to rob him of his status!).

I first started the screenname on the old DC Comics forums where I’d chat about comic books and eventually started a fledgling creative project about Joker having a daughter raised by Harley (Joanna Quinn – i.e. “Just Jo Quinn”) who’d be a psychopathic elementary schooler. It was fun. I did most of the writing and a lovely woman who called herself Ushi (I believe) did the drawings for the origin comic. Not sure what ever happened to those, but soon after we both moved on from those forums (or maybe the forums themselves moved on from us and changed their structure, hard to recall).

Without a home and with a new interest in Heroscape from playing with my cousin’s Christmas Master Set, I officially brought the screenname over to Heroscapers and started hanging out.

That was back in the day when the Marvel Master Set was a rumor, not a thing. That didn’t slow the custom community down any, though! I stumbled across cards done by the likes of Doc Savage and soon enough folks like AllSkulls, Eclipse, and I were all posting our own customs threads.

Here’s what a lot of new posters and inexperienced custom creators don’t get about customs in this community: the community is key and you get what you give! A lot of people will just post in their own threads and get frustrated or mystified that nobody else is chipping in. They want to run the show and get all the attention and help they feel they deserve. What did I do when I wanted feedback on what I was posting? I started responding to every custom AllSkulls and Eclipse and others were putting up and they started doing the same for me. We even started creating a scoring system. We invested into the creative efforts of each other and the tide lifted all boats.

And that’s the core of the vision here: we’re stronger together. Each time a new member comes into this group, it lifts my spirits a bit. Every time one disappears, I understand, but I miss you! Nobody has ever thrown their efforts to this group, stuck around, and not risen as far in the ranks as they wanted.

You’re all my friends and this is my community. I try to be a leader, and I hope I’ve done OK with that, but you’re all definitely my “people.” Everyone who’s ever been an Ally in C3G is someone I consider an Ally to me. Everyone who’s ever been a Sidekick is someone I’d trust to watch my back. Everyone who’s ever been a Hero is a true Hero in my eyes. And you’ve made me feel like a Hero too. And everyone who’s been a Hero and gone will always be a Legend in my book.

Thank you all for all you’ve done to make this experience one of the best in my life. Official Heroscape may have “died” a long time ago, but that’s never been a problem for us. C3G Superheroscape is alive and well and may it continue to be for a long time!

So as our tenth anniversary approaches, allow me to toast you all. The superheroes are great and I love them all, but it’s all of you that have and continue to make this project amazing!

I hope this first super decade is just the first of many! Long live C3G!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 7th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

From 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Heroscape, grabbed hold from the start
Squads crushed my heart
I kept playing and trying
My spirit was dying
I needed a fresh start

C3G is their name
Fun is their game
One play and
I was never the same

Joined the team
Living the dream
Just the beginning
Building up steam

Heroes or Dead
Judge Death and Judge Dredd
Visions of Satanus
Dance in my head

My future desire?
Anderson and Fire
Events aspirations
Grow higher and higher

When I want some action
Undead is my faction
And now a contraction

"I’m Jason and I'm a C3Ger"
Old April 7th, 2019, 10:22 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Thanks guys!
Congrats!!
Old April 7th, 2019, 10:33 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Still golden, T-Spinny.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 7th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

A lot of what Bats said resonates within me as well, but then, we share a name. I think our end goals are very similar but our approaches are different. The people, our people, are what is the most important part of this project. Doesn't matter if you're a hero or a sidekick or an ally or even just a casual fan. You are important and we strive to listen to you and your needs and desires.

Bats is much more of a "face" than I am. He's out in the open posting and building up enthusiasm and dedication in others. Our name means "victory of the people" and I think we both achieve that, but without the passion of Bats and people like Bats it would soon fade. I tend to take a more logistical approach. I'm a little quieter and more of a lurker. I like to let others be front and center and provide more technical support. I think both are important, but that without someone like Bats lurking around we, as a group, would have died long ago.

I love this group and will always love this group. I have grown a ton with this group both emotionally and as a leader. A lit of my leadership classes at college really resonated with me because of this group and my experiences in it. Here's to Bats, my super passionate amazing friend who makes not only this project, but each and every single member involved better than they were and to many more years of productivity and friendship

Also, for any who may feel discouraged just stick with it. Have the tenacity and wherewithal to push past your obstacles. I have seen people climb the ranks when it seemed like they would never advance (to themselves). I think of Arkham. I think of myself. I was very antsy when I started. Hang in there and learn the ins and outs of what it means to be a designer and the intricacies of the rules of this game and you'll be an ally, a sidekick, or even a hero before you know it. My personal journey was 4 years and 5 days (the time from my first playtest submittal to getting promoted) from zero to hero. You have it in you, just hang in there!
Old April 7th, 2019, 12:28 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

What a fantastic community, and glad to have such valuable members around in all forms. MrNobody is no exception!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 7th, 2019, 03:04 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Anyone who has been here for more than a cup of coffee knows I love to wax poetic and play the old heart strings, but not today. I have known Bats as Nick for a long time, but that was the most heartfelt, deep dive thing I've ever heard or read from him, so I'll just add this:

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old April 7th, 2019, 04:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Well said Leader of People.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 7th, 2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Thanks, Hambone! This place wouldn’t be the same without you.

Old April 7th, 2019, 04:56 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Thanks, Hambone! This place wouldn’t be the same without you.
You're not wrong

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 7th, 2019, 06:43 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very well said, Bats.

I had to look up this commercial you are talking about, and I think I found it:

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy