Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old December 9th, 2012, 02:06 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Sky Mats

Well met!

Having just purchased one, I am eager to build on it (as soon as I return from Jamaica, mon). Are there any rules extant for their use?

If Heroscape units could really fly, they'd always have height, so I figure what they really do is glide. So, no hovering, and no attacking while in the air. Units on Sky Mat spaces can then justifiably be considered to be below all other terrain.
Old December 9th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sky Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Having just purchased one, I am eager to build on it (as soon as I return from Jamaica, mon). Are there any rules extant for their use?

If Heroscape units could really fly, they'd always have height, so I figure what they really do is glide. So, no hovering, and no attacking while in the air. Units on Sky Mat spaces can then justifiably be considered to be below all other terrain.
While interesting, this is clearly not the case.

As for special rules for Sky Mats, you could try allowing flying figures to travel through them but no other figures. In other words where normally a space not occupied by a terrain piece would not be able to be occupied even as only a part of your movement, with a Sky Mat you could rule that as long as figures do not end movement on a Sky Mat space they may utilize them in combination with the flying special power.

You may also allow special powers to knock back a figure off the battlefield. Figures knocked/moved/placed off the battlefield without the flying special power are destroyed. Figures with the flying special power take 1 wound at the end of each of their turns while occupying a Sky Mat space at the end of their turn (remember that they cannot end their movement on a Sky Mat space, so can only take these wounds if placed/moved/knocked back).

Just some thoughts.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 9th, 2012, 05:58 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Crypto-Knight made some rules here for Sky mats.
Old December 9th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Very cool, thanks for that link!

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 10th, 2012, 12:30 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Yes... thanks for the <link>. I am a big fan of Crypto_Knight's very imaginative designs. This is a interesting concept to add even another dimension of our HeroScape battles in the Halls of Valhalla, now there on the peaks of Mount Olympus.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old December 10th, 2012, 04:22 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

While interesting, this is clearly not the case.

As for special rules for Sky Mats, you could try allowing flying figures to travel through them but no other figures. In other words where normally a space not occupied by a terrain piece would not be able to be occupied even as only a part of your movement, with a Sky Mat you could rule that as long as figures do not end movement on a Sky Mat space they may utilize them in combination with the flying special power.

You may also allow special powers to knock back a figure off the battlefield. Figures knocked/moved/placed off the battlefield without the flying special power are destroyed. Figures with the flying special power take 1 wound at the end of each of their turns while occupying a Sky Mat space at the end of their turn (remember that they cannot end their movement on a Sky Mat space, so can only take these wounds if placed/moved/knocked back).

Just some thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Well met!

OK. Regardless of the "background," all the methods of play have roughly the following in common: Flying figures, unless controlled by an opponent, are OK on Sky spaces, non-flying figures are dead, and Sky spaces are lower than all other terrain.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles