Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 7th, 2015, 02:09 PM

Ghostship is surprisingly tart
Current successful marketing that could bring HS back.

Please excuse how annoying this guy is, but there is one point in this video where he puts things about Lego Dimensions in a way that hearkens to Heroscape.... All different worlds coming together to fight in a common universe? Sounds familiar.

Imagine, instead of $15 for a lego minifigure with whatever technology in it that signals the game of it's presence, you had say, a wave of figures for $30 that had RFID tags in them, or whatever does the magic.

What if, you bought a battlefield kit, that was usable with heroscape terrain? and it queued the game "portal" to load a particular battle field into the game? Those glaciers are pretty snappy looking. Even better would be some kind of terrain that you could put the armies on; but that's not exactly coffee table sized.

But wait, could you make a cool hex based video game?

It just strikes me as a way that Hasbro could use current trends and properties that they already own, to bring things back to life. There has been almost enough time passed that they may be catching the next generation.

Leaping generations has been pretty successful for, movies, toys.... movies about toys...
Old June 9th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Current successful marketing that could bring HS back.

Heroscape 2 is about to come out - Magic the gathering the board game! So there is hope, he he

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 10th, 2015, 02:29 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
Heroscape 2 is about to come out - Magic the gathering the board game! So there is hope, he he
I have 2 copies of MTG in the mail, and my paint supplies are ready to go!
Old July 10th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That rocks, did they actually ship them, man I need to get back to the USA and start buying more games, he he

Old July 13th, 2015, 01:10 AM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
That rocks, did they actually ship them, man I need to get back to the USA and start buying more games, he he
Got a follow up email saying they had not actually shipped, only arrived in stock. I'll have to wait.
Old July 13th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

I am hoping they demo it at GC, we will see

Old August 23rd, 2015, 11:30 PM

Ghostship is surprisingly tart

Almost.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion