Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old August 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Still Alive!
http://logrey.blogspot.com/

Hey Logrey. Glad to see you're still at it and looking forward to see what you come up with.
Old December 14th, 2007, 12:04 AM

Messenger has disabled reputation
Help! I tried loading my map into Solidscape and all I see are the overlays, no tiles. What happened?

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old January 7th, 2008, 11:56 PM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker
Hey, just downloaded SolidScape, but when I try to run it, I get the following error: "This application has failed to start because dx8vb.dll was not found."

I run Vista, so I figured that's probably the problem, but I was wondering if you have had this issue before?
Old January 8th, 2008, 01:46 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Isn't this software obsolete now, with Virtualscape around. I recently downloaded this and started to use it but I realized that it is way behind. Not nearly all of the expansions nor the Swarm of the Marro are included. It doesn't look like it has been updated in quite some time. Or am I missing something?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 1st, 2008, 12:21 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Re: LandSCAPE and SolidSCAPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Isn't this software obsolete now, with Virtualscape around.
No, because Virtualscape won't work on Macs.

So we're stuck with LandSCAPE until someone comes up with something better or Virtualscape is made cross-platform. Yea, it's outdated, but it works.
Old May 8th, 2008, 07:27 PM

darkmask has disabled reputation

I know this software is out date, and virtual scape is way better,, but i have yet to find a manager better then HS Manager... To me this app ROCKS.. if only it had all the new figures.

PBR Publication Co.

we do it so u don't have to.
Old January 8th, 2008, 02:59 AM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker
Sorry Parduz, but I downloaded VirtualScape, and I like it better. You have the building tools, and the 3D view, all in one program.
Old January 8th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
Isn't this software [SolidScape] obsolete now, with Virtualscape around. I recently downloaded this and started to use it but I realized that it is way behind.
This is because LandScape stopped getting terrain expansion updates. SolidScape imported LandScape data. If I ever get a friendly User Interface put together for HexScape, SolidScape could use that data instead. HexScape is my own XML spec for storing battlefields and displaying in 2-D using SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics). But I'm just not finding the time to work on a UI for HexScape right now.
Old June 15th, 2008, 09:24 AM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker

Guys, my first post from a longtime....
Yeas, SolidScape is old and outdated. Thas 'cause i HATE to write an editor and the related UI (i wrote SS to learn 3D and it was fun, i do some kind of UIs at job and it is boring). So, until a new editor comes out with all the expansions, SS will not advance a bit.
Then, with VisualBasic i don't know how i can go closer to the beautiful rendering there's in VirtualScape. It is far better than what i can do right now, and using OpenGL with VB to try to emulate what Zzzzz have done is not feasible, even if he was so kind to point me to the C cource code he used as starting point.

So, wheh i've some time and if i can find a map editor that i can use as data source, i will go towards somewhat new (for me): java and opengl. This way i'll learn somewhat new, and i can allow non Win user to use a rendering software: there's no meaning to compete with VirtualScape. I'm using it also, and beside some little annoyance (but i've not tested the last versions) is a great piece of code.

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old June 15th, 2008, 04:50 PM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hi Parduz,

If you want my source code for opengl rendering (or other) I can give you that one. I'm an old developper and I think that this is why I prefer c++ than java and this is why I did virtualscape with C++.
of course a map editor can be done with java and opengl. All the map user will give you a lot of congratulation and for me this is a pleasure to see somebody else working on the same thing because each can have good idea and the final user can choose the best software for himself. I think that I must get pleasure to write a software but I think also that I musn't forget that the priority is the final user. In this case, the UI is very important. I know that you don't like working about UI but I think this is important to spend some time for UI. Or perh'aps asking to community what they want.
Anyway I'm happy to know that you are always an active developper.
Receive all my "encouragement" (I don't know if this word exist in english)
Old June 16th, 2008, 06:56 PM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker

Thanks Zzzzz, you're kind as always.
I'm not a big fan of Java. I still think that the good ol' VB6 is a great thing to build thing faster. I'm also a c++ programmer (it's my job) and i fully understand why you choose it.
But java should allow cross-platform apps, and that's why i'll go in that direction....if i'll do somewhat about maps.
I know that UI are important 'cause my job requires me to build them. I just find that writing code to manage buttons and mouse clicks and keyboards shortcuts is boring to hell It does not "excite" my mind... there's not "challenge", if you can understand what i'm saying.
Anyway, we will see what's happens. I can even try to start reading VS maps just to test how java is and how it works with OpenGL.... but not in the very near future.
If only GaryLasq likes to build his web based editor...

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old May 1st, 2010, 12:52 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Where do I download the Mac version of this program?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software