Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 19th, 2010, 11:42 AM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!
Ways to Start a Game of Scape Faster

Ideally, you would have a room designated to HeroScape and be able to keep things out, or certain army builds together etc. But not all of us have that. So I thought I would keep a list of ways to quickly start a game of HeroScape on the spot, especially if you find an hour of unexpected time and a buddy to play with. If you have any ideas that could be added then share them below. I will update it periodically and put them on the first post.

Note: The ideas don't have to build off of one system, and they can be large or small in scale, whatever would help others cut down on some of the setup/tear down time.

Maps

Keep a couple maps stored on thick cardboard under your bed, or in a closet.

Use MOP's.

Figures

Separate your figures with storage bins and plastic bags so they can be identified quickly. Use stackable storage drawers from WalMart. And designate each level to uniques, commons, and large/huge figures. Then separate them by general with large plastic bags, and even by unit (for the commons) with smaller plastic bags.

Store your figures in a Plano Stowaway Tackle Box, or equivalent, allowing you quick and neat access to your smaller units and squads.

Armies

Keep a list of 20 armies with a similar point cost (like 520-540). Roll a d20 to pick an army instead of building them new from a particular point total.

Keep 10-20 armies into separate plastic bags (instead of separating ALL of your units with little plastic bags), and roll a d20 to decide who gets which army.

Use duplicate figures from multiple Master Sets etc. to have predetermined Uniques only armies for quickage (quick usage).

The Rest

Keep 4-6 plastic bags of what a player needs in OM's, dice, wound markers etc. that way they can just grab a bag at the beginning instead of counting out certain amounts of each thing.

Keep a pool of common usable glyphs in a container and draw whatever you need at random. Remove duplicates or glyphs not often used.

Decide the point total from 400 or 500 and roll a d20. Then add the result times 10 or 5, respectively.

I hope these help, especially those new to the addiction, trying to win over skeptics due to length of time it takes to play. Again, if you have any ideas post them below and I will add them. Be as clear and concise as possible (something I'm not good at), so I can just copy and paste and not botch your idea.

Last edited by Kaemon Awasome; April 19th, 2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old April 19th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Ways to Start a Game of Scape Faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awasome View Post
Figures

Separate your figures with storage bins and plastic bags so they can be identified quickly. Use stackable storage drawers from WalMart. And designate each level to uniques, commons, and large/huge figures. Then separate them by general with large plastic bags, and even by unit (for the commons) with smaller plastic bags.
For Medium and smaller figures (as well as the less bulky Large figures). I've found Plano Stowaway tackleboxes to be the best way of keeping things organized. I can find nearly anything in my collection in under two minutes. (If I could ever find those Fyorlag Spiders I'd have that time easily cut in half.)

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 19th, 2010, 12:43 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Ways to Start a Game of Scape Faster

Great idea for a thread, and some great ideas. Thanks! I also use Plano tackle trays.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion