Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 2nd, 2020, 08:53 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Schismatic’s Customs

All feedback and insight welcome and appreciated.

Top down images for OHS can be found here. (ctrl + alt + y to see names.)

Other customs projects of mine you should check out!
3D Printable Rat and Cyber Rat Faction Last updated 1.13.22.
Contention for Galaxus - Between the Multiverse Last updated 1.18.22.

______________________________________________________________________ ___

GENERALS

~~~~~~JANDAR~~~~~~
Spoiler Alert!
~~~~~~UTGAR~~~~~~
Spoiler Alert!
~~~~~~VYDAR~~~~~~
Spoiler Alert!
~~~~~~EINAR~~~~~~
Spoiler Alert!
~~~~~~ULLAR~~~~~~
Spoiler Alert!
~~~~~~AQUILLA~~~~~~
Spoiler Alert!
~~~~~~VALKRILL~~~~~~
Spoiler Alert!

Under investigation for changes
Spoiler Alert!

BY NAME
Spoiler Alert!

BY SET AND PACK
Spoiler Alert!

BY POINT COST
Spoiler Alert!

BY PLANET
Spoiler Alert!

Edited/Rebalanced Customs of others:
Spoiler Alert!

Other, Scrapped & Retired Customs
Spoiler Alert!

UPDATE LOG (started 1/19/22) -
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; July 10th, 2023 at 08:13 AM.
Old November 8th, 2020, 01:29 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Schism's Personal Custom Collection

you have a lot of really great customs here!

Some overloaded on abilities but that happens to me from time to time as well. I like how you have used some reaper minis that I already have. I will go through them individually when i have time and give feedback.
Old November 8th, 2020, 03:19 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

There are quite a few really cool ideas here! I don't have the time to comment on everything unfortunately, but I'll drop some specific thoughts below:

Mimic Chest
This looks like a fun monster for some dungeon crawls. The price is pretty low for what he can do, but I assume that he's intended to be played mostly in scenarios anyway. It might be worth a slight price bump still just to balance him out if used outside of asymmetric dungeon crawls, since denying your opponent a Treasure Glyph and then getting a 3A Deadly Strike shot against them is super frightening at a 50% chance. The fact that the Mimic can then attack again once per round makes it even more frightening, even if the low move and 1 life can help keep it in check somewhat.

Also, is the general intended to be Utgar or someone else? The card looks unique, but the general name says Utgar, so I wasn't sure.

Queen Phanxfra
Entangling Web Enhancement is downright nasty against many armies. I think that the Fyorlag Spiders are actually quite good (they were just held back by their bonding options prior to VC's Quahon), and when Entangling Web lands against a squad, the results can potentially be devastating. I'd suggest limiting the D20 bonus to +1 instead of +3 to make the power less potentially frustrating to go against--only needing a 13 or higher to remove an unrevealed Order Marker can be rough, even with the need to surround a figure with spiders. I'd also be a bit concerned about Queen Phanxfra essentially being "better Sujoah" for her points, given the similar Special Attack and high movement speed. Losing out on 1 defense and 1 attack on the SA feels like a worthwhile trade for 85 fewer points and a D20 boost. Sujoah is admittedly a bit overpriced, though, and he'll have the C3V Amberhive Protectors to fall back on once they're officially released.

Rogaku Oni:
I already said that I liked this one when you shared him in my thread, and I still do. The sculpt looks fantastic as an Utgar Yokai, and he feels great as a thematic nemsis to the Samurai. Other than perhaps a couple of wording changes to bring the first two powers into more conventional HeroScape wording, the only change that I'd really suggest is to give him a Spirit Water Marker like how the Airborne Elite have a Grenade Marker to denote their once per game ability. It's not a must by any stretch of the imagination (the Airborne Elite were pretty much the only official design to get a marker like that, despite several other characters having once per game powers), but I think that it would be a nice touch thematically. Of course, it could also be seen as adding needless complexity, so it might not be worth the extra wording.

Grishlok:
I really like Orc Battle Rush here. Combined with the statline, it makes him evoke the Deathchasers of Thesk quite nicely despite being a Warlock with no explicit synergy with them. He feels right at home as a Valkrill Orc rather than an Utgar one, and I like how he's a unique twist on that archetype.

Medium Earth Elemental:
If you want him to be a large figure like the Greater Ice Elemental or Avernus/Boreos, then I think that this figure from the upcoming D&D set could be a good fit. I like how this feels like an extension to the classic Earth Elemental. If you do decide to go for a bigger figure, then it might be worth considering increasing the stats a little bit (and maybe bumping up the SA to 4 attack dice) to distinguish the two even further.

Shohr:
Similar to the Earth Elemental, I like how this design evokes the existing Water Elemental. IMO, it's nice to see Unique big versions of the other Elementals to round out the "set" of Avernus/Boreos.

Devious Treacherling:
Is Sinister Grin supposed to be a solely negative power? I like the Wallop Special Attack, though it is worth noting that he doesn't currently feel like an "Overlord" relying on mental attacks like Tul-Bak-Ra or Cxurg'gyath. Overlord Bonding is a fun idea, though, especially since it could get both of those figures some more play.

Drider
This sculpt has been tossed around for customs quite a bit, and I like the idea of it. As an Uncommon Hero, though, you'll want to tweak Drow Hero Bonding. Currently, it can create an infinite chain of Drider turns, since they bond with each other. There are a couple of ways that you could fix this, such as by adding a "After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with this Drider..." clause to the power, or even by changing their species to Arachnid to get some synergy with Estivara. If they lost the ability to bond with themselves, then you could even up the Drow Hero Bonding to two figures or the like to increase the synergy with the existing faction (the Drow Chainfighter would probably be the most common pairing still, since Estivara and Pelloth aren't great on their own).
Old November 10th, 2020, 03:28 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
Some response to everything you brought up.

Mimic Chest
I could see the Mimic Chest getting bumped to around 35. The last 2 times it got played though, it never got into play, so yes this would fit more in scenario based playing.

The general was actually meant to be Brandar, but I may have been conflicted when making the card.

X-Abilities
Another thing for the Mimic Chest and Rogaku Oni's X abilities I've realized is that having them activatable "at any point during the round" might not fit. With the Mimic, I'm not sure if it should be activatable when revealing a marker and perhaps same with the Oni. Taking lethal damage and being able to negate damage off the heal makes him potentially much less strategic.

Queen Phanxfra
I did have a version just previous to this that was 5 points less at 95 points with just the +1 on the enhancement. That does make sense. and I agree with Sujoah being a bit overpriced. I've no idea what the Amberhive Protectors are, but gets me excited for the C3V customs to come!

Rogaku Oni
I have a hard time with those conventional wordings, as you can also see in Azior's Split Arrow Special attack. As long as it is not too nonsensical I think. There's so many customs I have with abilities with specific markers that I had to paint a bunch of wound markers.

Grishlok
I'm glad you like this one and its nice to hear that he turned out so fittingly. The only thing I see now that makes me scratch my head is the 4 attack with 5 range. It will need some playtesting to figure.

Medium Earth Elemental
It was definitely the approach to accomplish the big versions of the Elementals. I did find my fill for a Big Earth elemental, the Earth Titan by Chaosserver. The Med Earth Elemental is the one I put the least of thought into I think. Practically mirroring the small one and with only having synergy with Talingul as a lesser point large construct.

Shohr
The wording on 'Wave Crush' I don't want to have confused that is unusable unless being used on a hero.

Devious Treacherling
I'm not sure how you mean with Sinister Grin being a negative power. It is similar to the evil eye abilities than anything else. I hadn't really made the implication of Overlords being with mind based attacks. Thought of it more as an overseeing position of power with them so happening to have mental attacks.

Drider
That is an important point about the infinite bond chain. I'll definitely be making that change. Another Drider custom I'd seen has an ability stating the drider as being considered both drow and arachnid. I thought of implementing this too, though I have strayed from making customs with 4 abilities or too much wording on one card. And with the additional attack value from lurking ambush, Estivaras aura could make them excessively deadly. So I lean towards them only being drow rather to be used still with Pelloths' Lolths Wrath.
The bond with the Drow Chainfighters was intended, and having bonding with Estivara and Pelloth is just nice to have, but maybe it should be something like an uncommon drow hero bonding if thats not too far out (with a different name). Creating a similar dynamic as the thralls.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; November 24th, 2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old June 14th, 2021, 05:52 PM

Made a some edits to Melkor and added a new Dark Lord.

MELKOR EDIT
Spoiler Alert!

INTRODUCING SORCEVIOUS - Darklord
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; August 16th, 2021 at 02:19 AM.
Old July 10th, 2021, 03:18 AM

GARNOK V1 - I like the model for another valkrill orc general like Gothlok, but its difficult to find a synergy that works and isnt broken
Spoiler Alert!
DRAYNAK
Spoiler Alert!
YHARNAM HUNTERS - Retired after finding Wriggz' "Hunters of the Firebrand"
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; September 2nd, 2021 at 09:44 PM.
Old August 9th, 2021, 03:18 PM

DRAYNAK - 70 pts like Kuthnak
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; August 30th, 2021 at 06:45 PM.
Old August 14th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Zan'nen'na Tamashii -
I love this choice for a sculpt to develop. It looks very natural and Heroscape-y on the battlefield. It also works as a Demon Emperor, though it does have very strong undead vibes. So far Demons are monstrous in appearance. Would a Demon Emperor look more like this? Perhaps.

I also like all three powers. "Blink" is something that should definitely be used for some figure, eventually. Is there a reason why this mini suggests it? I love it as a power, like I said, but this mini suggests reusing Levitate, perhaps. Maybe there's something I'm missing about the mini, because I also don't understand why the red of the hit zone is so limited.
I like the theme evoked by Smite Heal. I don't love the name of the power itself, though. "Unholy Strike," perhaps? This power is something I would associate with a powerful lich, which is (perhaps not coincidentally?) what the mini is. Which hints at perhaps retheming, to get away from Demon and into something in the world of the Undead. Perhaps use this as an opportunity to make a Lich? Up to you.

Finally, I also like Cursed Heroism. Thematically. The idea of a curse again evokes the theme of the undead: in this case, a mummy. I'd also reconsider the name. When you have the theme nailed down, assuming you go away from Demon Emperor, perhaps a name will suggest itself.

I think three new, complex powers, taken together, is a lot to bite off. I would consider simplifying. None of the three powers are written in the style of the way they would be on an official Heroscape card, but as far as I know, you are not intending to nominate these to the SoV. So as long as the reader understands what they mean, that's all that matters.

Web Golem -
This is a very strong design. Two complex powers evoking the same, clear theme. It's a formidable opponent on the battlefield because of its powers, but its low defense (notwithstanding its high life) makes it a manageable opponent. I note that, for some reason, its personality has a number on the end: "relentless6."

This is what I would like to say, but I can't: This one is suitable for the pre-SoV thread. Credit the person who submitted it for the original contest as the original creator, and add your name to it as well (assuming you made some significant change). That's what I would like to say, but I can't.

And the reason why I can't say that is because of the SoV's particular purpose: expand the canon with new designs that people can get. The problem with this design isn't the design itself. It's the mini. The mini is not readily available at any resource I could identify online. If nobody can get it, then it's dead on arrival for the purposes of the SoV (and would be inside the C3V as well, if we were considering using it).

It's a great design, and I encourage you to use it in your home games and share with whomever to use online or in person. But if the mini isn't available, I can't encourage you to submit it to the SoV. And it's possible that it is widely available, and my research was poor. Heaven knows that's happened before.

Thanks for sharing your designs with the world, I had a good time flipping through them.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 14th, 2021, 09:09 PM

Talking Re: Schism's Personal Custom Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Zan'nen'na Tamashii -
I love this choice for a sculpt to develop. It looks very natural and Heroscape-y on the battlefield. It also works as a Demon Emperor, though it does have very strong undead vibes. So far Demons are monstrous in appearance. Would a Demon Emperor look more like this? Perhaps.

I also like all three powers. "Blink" is something that should definitely be used for some figure, eventually. Is there a reason why this mini suggests it? I love it as a power, like I said, but this mini suggests reusing Levitate, perhaps. Maybe there's something I'm missing about the mini, because I also don't understand why the red of the hit zone is so limited.
I like the theme evoked by Smite Heal. I don't love the name of the power itself, though. "Unholy Strike," perhaps? This power is something I would associate with a powerful lich, which is (perhaps not coincidentally?) what the mini is. Which hints at perhaps retheming, to get away from Demon and into something in the world of the Undead. Perhaps use this as an opportunity to make a Lich? Up to you.

Finally, I also like Cursed Heroism. Thematically. The idea of a curse again evokes the theme of the undead: in this case, a mummy. I'd also reconsider the name. When you have the theme nailed down, assuming you go away from Demon Emperor, perhaps a name will suggest itself.

I think three new, complex powers, taken together, is a lot to bite off. I would consider simplifying. None of the three powers are written in the style of the way they would be on an official Heroscape card, but as far as I know, you are not intending to nominate these to the SoV. So as long as the reader understands what they mean, that's all that matters.

Web Golem -
This is a very strong design. Two complex powers evoking the same, clear theme. It's a formidable opponent on the battlefield because of its powers, but its low defense (notwithstanding its high life) makes it a manageable opponent. I note that, for some reason, its personality has a number on the end: "relentless6."

This is what I would like to say, but I can't: This one is suitable for the pre-SoV thread. Credit the person who submitted it for the original contest as the original creator, and add your name to it as well (assuming you made some significant change). That's what I would like to say, but I can't.

And the reason why I can't say that is because of the SoV's particular purpose: expand the canon with new designs that people can get. The problem with this design isn't the design itself. It's the mini. The mini is not readily available at any resource I could identify online. If nobody can get it, then it's dead on arrival for the purposes of the SoV (and would be inside the C3V as well, if we were considering using it).

It's a great design, and I encourage you to use it in your home games and share with whomever to use online or in person. But if the mini isn't available, I can't encourage you to submit it to the SoV. And it's possible that it is widely available, and my research was poor. Heaven knows that's happened before.

Thanks for sharing your designs with the world, I had a good time flipping through them.
Its a delight to hear your feedback and once again, there is clarity received. That is a shame to hear of the Web Golem's unavailability. Not even long ago it was more available. I'm not sure who the original creator of it was. You can view it in the thread here.

On average, how many people could you say buy a C3V figure once it is released? It's noticeable that quite a few have become unavailable or gone up in price since release.

The first games I witnessed of the Web Golem, my friend had used and it was seriously strong. There was a most comical incident where him and another friend during a 1v1v1 had decided to team up against me, but wound up locked to each other with Major X17's Improved Cyber Claw and the original Web Golems Web Spray (affecting Large figures as well). Forcing them to attack each other.

Zan'nen'na goes back to my early designs. Hence the sketchy hit zone edit. The wing like extrusions on his back are coming out of a scarab like device, but the robes should be red. Before my last update he even had another ridiculous ability of a complicated debilitating shroud. Cutting that out recently had made it look a little better. I will go over your recommendations with him. I am realizing, yes, suddenly I have too many customs (mine and others). So in order to really refine them, I must narrow down my attention during a single period of time.

Looking at the model as having a movement characteristic, Levitate does seem proper. An ability I had no idea of when first making the custom. So I added the blink ability, something to make him more awesome and maneuverable!
The non coincidence does add direction towards the Undead route rather than Demon. And in a world which consists of Undead rather than only Demons in their idea sense (though he is an incarnation), it doesn't hurt the idea.

If I had to choose an ability to cut for simplicity, right now it would be blink and perhaps replaced with levitate if that is not too much. Wording can almost always use improvement it seems which is something I strive towards whether it is for a submission purpose or my own. It's easy to laze on wording when it remains a personal use custom. I'm not sure his mini would be allowed either since it is unpainted and a bit more intricate than the other unpainted C3V/SoVs.
I actually would really like to create a submittable custom whose model comes from a 3d print.

The qualifications of what has SoV potential appears simple on the outside, and perhaps it can be with just the right amount of zing. The customs I have said of mine to have "potential", I would retract instead saying "could fit in the image of preexisting Heroscape", in my eyes.

I couldn't live with these customs sitting here for long in the state they are still in, and such feedback is of great help, motivation, inspiration, progress.
Discovering C3V only in the recent couple years has been a shock to my perception of customs.
If there is something I am struggling with, if I need a secondary view, or just have some great idea to share, I will be sure to let you know!

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; August 15th, 2021 at 03:05 AM.
Old August 15th, 2021, 03:28 AM

@Dad_Scaper
Here's what some of those changes applied looks like.
Spoiler Alert!

The new paint job image was found online. Its fitting and looks easier to replicate.
Did some playtesting. Now that's another thing I'll have to figure out how to do right.
Used a few C3Vs I hadn't tried before and the variety made it tough to contain results.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; August 16th, 2021 at 10:18 PM.
Old August 15th, 2021, 10:20 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like it. A few notes on the new direction:

1. “Desert Lich” is a generic noun, as opposed to a name. Unique Heroes generally take proper nouns: Sergeant Drake, Syvarris, etc. Generic names like “Ogre Warhulk” and “Frost Giant of Morrh” are uncommon heroes, instead.

I like it as a unique hero with this name. If anybody asks, you can explain that there is, in fact, only one Desert Lich. If they want to be difficult about it. Giving it a more proper name (Hesserak, or something) would detract from the added theme you get with the name you chose. Or you could just make it uncommon, priced at a point where nobody will have more than one (the aforementioned Warhulk).

2. “Heroic Curse” makes it sound like it’s the cursing that’s heroic, which is of course not what you intend. Perhaps something like “Curse of the Damned.”

3. You may have noticed by now that the powers do not actually say Desert Lich. They say other things. And I think Desert Lich is definitely better than Accursed Lich.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 15th, 2021, 10:45 AM

Red face Re: Schism's Personal Custom Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I like it. A few notes on the new direction:

1. “Desert Lich” is a generic noun, as opposed to a name. Unique Heroes generally take proper nouns: Sergeant Drake, Syvarris, etc. Generic names like “Ogre Warhulk” and “Frost Giant of Morrh” are uncommon heroes, instead.

I like it as a unique hero with this name. If anybody asks, you can explain that there is, in fact, only one Desert Lich. If they want to be difficult about it. Giving it a more proper name (Hesserak, or something) would detract from the added theme you get with the name you chose. Or you could just make it uncommon, priced at a point where nobody will have more than one (the aforementioned Warhulk).

2. “Heroic Curse” makes it sound like it’s the cursing that’s heroic, which is of course not what you intend. Perhaps something like “Curse of the Damned.”

3. You may have noticed by now that the powers do not actually say Desert Lich. They say other things. And I think Desert Lich is definitely better than Accursed Lich.
I blame the later hours for the blindness of missing those name changes, but yes Desert Lich works best for now unless something better presents itself. And can agree that using it as a unique with this name could still work. Would not have felt that way or come to that feeling on my own.

I’m now looking at fitting him with the Sudema and Crypt Guardian, an unexpected turn, giving weigh to the option anagram style name or as it is. The only noted synergy yet is that of his Unholy Smite d20 ability with the Crypt Guardians undead roll boost.

Heroic Curse did seem off. I still like Cursed Heroism better, but in the official world I see this being off too. I think I must study more intently existing Classic and C3V for a better rounding on naming, themeing, limits and existing ideas.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; August 15th, 2021 at 11:08 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards