Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old January 31st, 2021, 04:36 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Durin's Bane - Rough Draft

NAME = DURIN'S BANE

GENERAL = VALKRILL
SPECIES = MAIA
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GUARD
PERSONALITY = TERRIFYING
SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE/12

LIFE = 8
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 210?

FIRE WHIP
After moving and before attacking, you may roll the 20-sided dice. If you roll an 8 or higher, you may choose one small or medium figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Durin's Bane. That figure receives one wound and may not roll defense dice for the remainder of Durin's Bane's turn. You may place that figure on any space adjacent to Durin's Bane.

SHADOW TERROR
All enemy squad and common figures within 6 clear sight spaces of Durin's Bane roll two fewer defense dice when defending against a normal or special attack.

FIRE ENGAGEMENT STRIKE 11
If an opponent's small, medium, or large figure moves adjacent to Durin's Bane, roll the 20-sided dice. If you roll an 11 or higher, the opponent's figure receives one wound. Figures may be targeted only as they move into engagement with Durin's Bane.

MAIA SPIRIT STRENGTH
Durin's Bane never takes damage from falling or extreme falling.
Old January 31st, 2021, 04:36 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Durin's Bane - Rough Draft

[Reserved]
Old January 31st, 2021, 04:39 PM

I think this card is going to be very difficult to get right given it's status as, you know, a Maia.

I was trying to construct a figure that:
- Gives an indirect boost to his own commons
- Can hit hard
- Has a chance to do damage to more than 1 figure in a turn to make dealing with squads a bit more manageable

4 powers may be too many, but I wanted to start with more instead of less to get community feedback on these ideas and see where they go from there.

But I wanted to get some discussion started off with a rough draft since this card will be so much different than the rest in MS1.
Old January 31st, 2021, 06:10 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like a lot of things about this draft. Especially that we are keeping it as a Maia and avoid any demon synergies or nonsense like that. Identity is important for the project. I think some of these abilities are stacking but I like the theme we have, totally agree with starting off huge and then pairing down. Do we have a miniature in mind for your vision?

Fire Whip is very cool, it combines the Lawman Whip with the reposition effect. I'm curious as to if we actually need to take all the defense dice away from whatever you grab. Ironically you will get an engagement strike on almost anything to begin with and then still have your standard attack just like Motely Max will, seeing I've had great success with that figure and it's similar attack I wonder if we need to take the defense roll away from the figure we grab with fire whip.

EDIT: Goes without saying but we will need to get the verbage to avoid lava dunking lol!

Shadow Terror is beast, great theme and great ability. Reminds me of Gothlok's but more useful and I like how it is a large aura to match what Durin's Bane needs to be and how important it is.

Fire Engagement strike that hits large figures? Love it.

The spirit strength makes sense, I almost wonder if it should be expanded to include lava damage? Idk, just thinking out loud there. It seems proper given that it fell forever in its fight with Gandalf.

4 Move is slow, especially if he is going to be double spaced so I'm not the biggest fan but I understand what you're going for. All the other stats seem interesting, price point of 210 means he is in the tier of dragons, quite fitting.

Last edited by Shiftrex; January 31st, 2021 at 07:46 PM.
Old January 31st, 2021, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Do we have a miniature in mind for your vision?
Nope. I have 0 experience finding miniatures. Can work on that later on, though it's safe to say it would be double spaced.

Quote:
Fire Whip is very cool, it combines the Lawman Whip with the reposition effect. I'm curious as to if we actually need to take all the defense dice away from whatever you grab.
I probably agree. I included it for thematic effect; Gandalf was pretty defenseless when he got whipped, which was my main logic. But I think it might be too strong for hitting heroes with, especially since the aura will already affect them.

Quote:
The spirit strength makes sense, I almost wonder if it should be expanded to include lava damage?
I had left it for just falling to try and make a more general Maia power (that Gandalf might share, for instance). We could do something more specific but this was an attempt to do something like Marvel did with 'Super Strength' that was generic and applied to lots of people. In fact, we might be able to just put a 'M' on the card like Marvel did with 'S'. Thoughts? Only problem is not many figures would have it; would be pretty rare.

Quote:
4 Move is slow, especially if he is going to be double spaced so I'm not the biggest fan but I understand what you're going for.
Slow move was very intentional because:
- I really wanted him to be a 'Guard' for thematic reasons, which means he can get +1 move from Warden 816. I didn't want the move to be stackable up to 6.
- There needed to be some kind of weakness.
- Whip already gives him a higher threat range without the movement.

All in all, glad you liked the direction of the card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs