Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old May 4th, 2009, 07:04 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
"Questionable" items for sale on eBay

Came across 3 items on eBay that are bothering me for different reasons.

First is this item (there are multiple listings for it)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Make-Your-Own-Cu...3A1%7C294%3A50

I am curious as to what exactly this is. Is it just the gimp program with instructions on how to use it?

I am almost tempted to buy it just to see if they are including anything in it that belongs to fellow Scapers.

The other 2 items are these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Id-rather-be-Pla...3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heroscape-Logo-B...3A1%7C294%3A50

They don't appear to be licensed and while I would love to have them I can't condone it. I have sent an email to WOTC and Hasbro regarding the last 2 but would ask if someone with an inside connection tip them off so these get removed and the seller dealt with accordingly.

Your thoughts?
Old May 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM

Poseidon's trident is surprisingly tart
Re: "Questionable" items for sale on eBay

The first one is really weird, I think you should buy it just to see what it is. The other two are obviously not liscensed but are pretty cool. But I really want to see what the first one is.

Twas' a bad day when I almost quit Heroscape.
Old May 4th, 2009, 07:35 PM

Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker

The first one is confusing and contradictory...im not quite sure what to make of it.

The 2nd and 3rd are freakin awesome! I wish they were official, but alas i think reporting them was the best (but most painful) thing to do.
Old May 4th, 2009, 07:41 PM
has been BANNED

truth has passed the info on to WOTC on the shirts.
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

I'm wondering if the first one isn't a copyright violation as well, since he's selling the blank card templates, in which the artwork is a WotC/Hasbro copyright.

I mean, freeware/blankware provided hasn't been an issue for custom designers yet, but..

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post
I'm wondering if the first one isn't a copyright violation as well, since he's selling the blank card templates, in which the artwork is a WotC/Hasbro copyright.

I mean, freeware/blankware provided hasn't been an issue for custom designers yet, but..
Not to mention that he also includes photo editing software on the CD. Unless he authored the software, it's either a copyright violation, or it could possibly be a violation of the GPL. It's highly suspicious at best.
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:28 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post

Not to mention that he also includes photo editing software on the CD. Unless he authored the software, it's either a copyright violation, or it could possibly be a violation of the GPL. It's highly suspicious at best.

Actually if you look at the question someone asked that he posted I am not 100% sure the "official card" templates are included. It looks weird.

Quote:
Q: hi just wanted to make sure i can print as many cards as i want off this program to make for my customs that i have already? also is there a place i can pull up some of the pictures u put on your samples but i need them to be marvel, transformers etc i just use ebay pictures usually on mine (dont have the heroscape card design like your offering) thanks for reply am very interested!!Apr-22-09

A: I just want to clear things up. The program that is included is not a Heroscape Card Design Program. It comes with a Photo Editing Software (e.g. Photoshop, etc.). You open a Heroscape Card Template into the software and edit it there. Then you export the picture and print it in any program that can print (e.g. Microsoft Word).
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The last two are definitely sketchy, and notifying Hasbro was the thing to do.

The custom Heroscape guide is, in my view, acceptable. Not something that I'd buy. I don't care if technically the CD is using copyrighted software. Even if the guy used official card templates, I don't feel like it's a big deal.

As long as everyone knows that they are not buying some official Hasbro/WotC product, then I'd just say buyer beware. It's not worth the high price, but it's also not so scandelous that I would spend much time thinking about it.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online