Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old August 28th, 2007, 11:55 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape_Scrub11
Do comics count?
Trade Paperbacks do.

But I wouldn't try writing a book report on them.
Old August 29th, 2007, 05:58 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Yay! BookClub!

I've read Neverness and only have 200 pages left of the sequel, The Broken God. The Broken God is the first in a trilogy and is written by a British Author, David Zindell, so you guys in the States probably haven't heard of him or the books. They are full of Philosophy and Science and Mathmatics, good storyline but sometimes hard to understand. I'm really enjoying it though and can't wait to read the next installment.
Old August 29th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
So I went to Borders last night and bought myself a book, Armegeddon's Children - Genesis by Terry Brooks, only to realize I had already bought it in hard back about 6 months ago and had read it (The hardback didnt have the title "Genesis" so I thought it was a different book until I started reading it and was thinking, Wow, this is really familiar. I flip back to the last chapter, wow, the exact same cliff hanger...) Man is that embarrassing.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old August 29th, 2007, 09:13 AM

bluejester48 has disabled reputation
Diablo: The Sin War book 1, Betrayal

Based on the best selling PC game by Blizzard.

Jester
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke.

An admirably readable fantasy tome about English magic circa the Napoleonic Wars. In a lot of ways the niftiest thing about it is that I have absolutely no idea where it is going - I'm just along for the ride. Recommended on a library newsletter to which I subscribe, I've been very pleased.

~Aldin, who also strongly recommends His Majesty's Dragon for Napoleonic era fantasy

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Master Marvel-CoN Host

SgtDrill knows what's in an order marker SgtDrill knows what's in an order marker SgtDrill knows what's in an order marker
The Seige of Eternity by Frederick Pohl, The Return of Nathan Brazil by Jack Chalker, and Live from New York by Tom Shales.

I usually have 3 or 4 books going at once... whichever one happens to be closest when I'm in the mood to read, I grab it and go.

SgtDrill is Captain America ...
in the Battle Against WotC...
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:10 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape_Scrub11
Do comics count?
Trade Paperbacks do.

But I wouldn't try writing a book report on them.
I don't have any of those...
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:19 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Star Wars and Philosophy: More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun
I am reading Wolves at the border - Robert N Charrette - Classic Battletech - I love that era. I guess after you grow up you never lose sight of your past. I squeeze that in around Engineering Economy - I guess that even after you graduate, you never quit schooling

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old August 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Star Wars and Philosophy: More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine

New from "Outtaourass Press"?
Old August 29th, 2007, 02:26 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
I am reading The History of the Ancient World

And Dragons of the Highlord Skies
Old August 29th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot
I am reading Wolves at the border - Robert N Charrette - Classic Battletech - I love that era.
Excellent choice I'm particularly fond of the series of books on the foundation of the Grey Death Legion.

~Aldin, who can't quite keep up with the new Dark Ages stuff

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books