Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old May 12th, 2020, 03:30 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Special Event: Bring the VCheese - Semis until 5/12

Quahon vs. Nilfheim Part I went to Quahon.

I opened up with Marro Warriors, but they couldn't block (or clone) anything and died to back to back Nilfheim order markers, they did take out 1 Greenscale and a wound on Raelin with them.

Nilfheim had extended outside of Rae though to get the extermination of the Marro, and in Round 2, that allowed Quahon to put 2 wounds on the Ice Dragon. The rest of the round was positioning spiders (went and took Valda) and greenscales, although Nilfheim pinged Quahon for 1 and killed a spider.

The next round xthorx sensing a stagnating stare off moved his order markers to Me-Burq-Sa, but I decided to use the opening and charge Quahon very much far forward, after a Raelin placement outside the Greescale forces.

My 9 move spiders started getting attacks on Raelin and Quahon zapped scales and Raelin off the map.

With Raelin gone, the scales were easier to deal with and a crippling 4 skull attack brought Nilfheim to 1 life, killed MBS and a scale.

Nilfheim had a last major blast with a 4 skull attack of his own against Quahon to bring the Lightning Queen to 2 life, but Nilf died on the next turn and the spiders cleaned up.

I took the win with 2 life Quahon, 3 life Raelin, 3 life Wannok Soak, 7 Spiders

Next Up Quahon vs. Nilfheim Part II for all the Cheese
Old May 12th, 2020, 03:55 PM

XThorSavageX knows what's in an order marker XThorSavageX knows what's in an order marker
Re: OHS Special Event: Bring the VCheese - Semis until 5/12

Another CLOSE GAME.

KD started out pushing the Marro warriors. I started out and pushed Rae to the right side toward wannok and perched her under a tree.
KD moved up the Marro warriors toward sand and unique glyph.
Ended up attacking down on RAE MBS and killed a GSW.
NILF pushed back mid on the two hex was able to kill 2/4 Marro warriors.
KD retreated tried to regen. Barley missed both. Then I over extended nilly but was worth it as I finished off the marrow warriors.

KD won initiative and pusherd up Quahon and spiders through an attack on nilly. He retreated and the next couple moves was just moving for positions. KD ended up getting Quahon back to almost start zone. And nilf was podded up the almost all the GSW and Rae on the 2 hex

Next round was tricky.
KD won imitative again and pushed Rae to the 3 hex by wannok. I throw all order markers on MBS game plan was push Rae. I miss counted water and had a plunder on MBS movement. Was unable to capitalize on the pushed Rae.
Then he advanced Q to the get the other side. And advanced spiders. Then I pushed with mbs missed the crip stare on Rae and only rolled 1 attack but Rae 0/4 defense.
We traded some shot until Quahon ended up hitting 4/4 on her lightning strike taking out my Rae a GSW and getting Nilf to 1 health.
Nilf couldn’t come back from that.

Imo it was pretty even throughout i blundered MBS movement and order markers and KD capitalized on that. Had to think and plan a lot. Fun game for sure!!! Now he has to get through another Nilfheim. Good luck to @kevindola and @Sir Heroscape in the finals
Old May 13th, 2020, 12:56 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
The Finals are on Bad Moon Rising.

The kevindola v. Sir Heroscape pool of armies is:
* (Anvil Lightning) Marcu Esenwein, Marro Warriors, Quahon, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Fyorlag Spidersx4
* (Kill or be Killed!) Marro Warriors, Nilfheim, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Greenscale Warriorsx3
kevindola chooses who places first.
Old May 14th, 2020, 12:20 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Special Event: Bring the VCheese - Finals until 5/15

We're tentatively scheduled for tonight 8pm MST/9pm CST. If it doesn't work out, we'll plan on sometime on Sunday.

We'll post here with any updates.
@BiggaBullfrog you gunna record? either way, I may do a livestream for my channel.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 14th, 2020, 01:20 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I was planning on recording, but if you're live-streaming that would just be redundant, so I'll let you rock your roll with it.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 14th, 2020, 02:25 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I was planning on recording, but if you're live-streaming that would just be redundant, so I'll let you rock your roll with it.
Well, on second thought, it'd just be a lot of setup on my end to do the livestream while trying to focus on playing and I'd personally rather focus on the game I think. So I'll save the OHS livestream for another time. Go ahead and record.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 14th, 2020, 10:29 PM

Gunna look to reschedule for Sunday. Stay tuned.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 16th, 2020, 06:24 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Special Event: Bring the VCheese - Finals

Confirmed scheduled for tomorrow (5/17) at 3pm central
Old May 17th, 2020, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Confirmed scheduled for tomorrow (5/17) at 3pm central
+ @BiggaBullfrog for recording purposes.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 17th, 2020, 04:10 PM

starting now...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 17th, 2020, 08:43 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Quahon for the win to take the Inaugural Online VC Cheese Event!!!

For reference my games were ((Anvil Lightning) Marcu Esenwein, Marro Warriors, Quahon, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Fyorlag Spidersx4)

Round 1: vs. Boadacious Blood (axegrinders x4, Braxas, Isamu)
Round 2: vs. Gold Starmie (axegrinders x4, Mok)
Quarterfinals: vs. vegie's dad (Knights of Weston x4, Alastair, Sir Gilbert)
Semifinals: vs. xthorsavage (Nilfheim, Raelin, Greenscales x3, Me-Burq-Sa)
Finals: vs. Sir Heroscape (Nilfheim, Raelin, Greenscales x3, Marro Warriors)

For this finals game, @Sir Heroscape had a fantastic gameplan and exectured very well. I got exactly the turn of events I needed to pull this one out.

The top billing of Quahon vs. Nilfehim was very much overshadowed by the fact the Marro Warriors owned this game on both sides.

Getting to the game

First Round: Sir H's Marro Warriors killed my Raelin in 4 attack, losing 1. At that point seemed like the game was probably decided facing Zamboni with no Raelin for my own dragon, so I said screw it. No chance but to go all in.

I had a tough decision how to open up this game. I suspected Sir H would open MW, and I could have done the same, but that felt like I was just leaving things to chance on who got that advantage (plus I didn't like I deferred placement in retrospect, although I did find it useful information). Of course you debate how it worked, since I lost Raelin but had the MW at the end. Still felt like the wrong move sitting here at the end of the round with Raelin buried.

Round 2: I fly Quahon right up the enemy startzone and lightning (1w Rae), and surround the Ulinavia Marro with spiders. I get the web and kill the Marro (2nd)...

Nilfheim shards Q and Spiders....Order marker on Marro Warriors! No turn

-Lightning puts a 2nd wound on Raelin and kills a Greenscale
-Nilfheim shards Q and Spiders. Greenscales scatter a bit to avoid the lightning and only engage one with Quahon to do a 2nd wound
-Quahon disengages (3rd wound) and does 1 wound to Nilfheim, while spiders do another (2)
-Nilfheim fails to kill the single engaged spider on shadow so only the single attack. Greenscales also fail

So I just charge forward with what I got hoping to use the initiative to press some small advantage. I get a huge break by winning the initiative and hitting an entangling web on the Marro Warrior to knock off an OM and get me a free turn. I was surprised that Sir H didn't surround Quahon with Greenscales on Turn 2, but I assume he was just frightened of a big Lightning. And to end this round, the 4v3 fail was absolutely humongous on the sole engaged spider. I think this is talked about in the Q v. Nilf thread, but @Knight of Scape is accurate in there. Being able to tie up Nilfheim with a single figure that, if it survives, drops Ice Shard from 3 attacks to 1 is HUGE. Quahon has no such limitation (she has others), but this was another game altering block. I actually thought Sir H would disengage here, but the spider saved a couple of attacks.

Round 3
-Nilfheim Ice Shard is on point killing a spider and 2 wounds to Quahon (5 total). Greenscales do another (6 total)
-Quahon kills a greenscale, spiders fail a web but kill another
-Nilfheim kills Quahon and a spider
-Spiders take Unique Attack and kill a Greenscale
-Nilfheim kills another spider, but the Unique Attack Spider blocks Nilf and a Greenscale (huge moment)
-Marro Warriors (+1 attack) kill a Greenscale and an opposing Marro Warrior

So I lose initiative and Quahon doesn't make it, but gets some slight damage off. When there are only 9 greenscales, each death actually is felt, and Sir H had stretched out to get to Quahon which is the right move. But just noting that those casualties added up in the following round when the Greenies weren't around to engage the Marros until the very end. Also, I wasn't sure about my OM3 on Marros here. It's a very difficult thing to play like your main piece won't make it, especially when you're so far behind, but it was the right move, and paid off in spades.

Matchup
Raelin (3), Nilfheim (4), 4 Greenscales, 1 Marro Warrior

vs.

Marro Warriors, 6 spiders (on Unique), Marcu

Round 4

-I win a huge initiative, but my 4 attacks just manage a single wound on Nilfheim (#3)
-Nilfheim shards Marro Warriors Raelin moves up to increase coverage into shadow
-Marro Warriors (still controlling Unique Attack +1) kill the last Sir Heroscape Marro Warrior and put another wound on Nilfheim (#4)
-Oof. Nilheim kills the spider on Unique...BUT the next 4 attacks by Nilf and 2 Greenscale are all blocked by heighted Marros. Sir H did a fantastic job tieing up my Marros. 1 of the GS within Raelin, so it looks like it will be very hard to even get attacks off on Nilf....but then
-Marros in 3 attacks go.....9/9
oh boy...9/9
that's a lot of skulls.....9/9

Kills the 2 engaged Greenscales, and the 3rd one goes at the 2 life Nilf.....1/6 dead.....9/9 ugh, feels very dirty

Sir Heroscape surrenders the title and the game at that point.

I think Sir H will agree that the Raelin on OM1 was likely a mistake, especially with me still have possession of the Attack +1. That coupled with me winning initiative gave the Marros too much free reign to ping Nilfheim and thin out the blocking squads. Of course I still had to block all those attacks on OM2 and then GO 9/9 to just get the exact damage I need. So it's hard to nitpick too much of what Sir H did in a game he controlled and would have had easily without timely d20 and dice.

Great game and great opponent.

Last edited by kevindola; May 17th, 2020 at 09:01 PM.
Old May 17th, 2020, 11:58 PM

Re: OHS Special Event: Bring the VCheese - Congrats KEVINDOL

Not gunna lie, this one stung quite a bit. All tourney long I felt like I was playing really really well (hence making it to the final), all to cap it off with a perfect execution to my gameplan. Unfortunately, when you play against KD, you can't make ANY blunders or he'll rip you a new one hahah. He's correct in identifying that the Raeling OM was the blunder that likely kept him in it. I was too comfortable with my 4 life Nilf backed by Raelin and figured just get her out on OM1...but neglected to weigh the importance of the need to remove the spider from Ulinavia. If I take that spider off Ulinavia on OM1, then I can manage weakened attacks on on OM2 while I reposition Rae on the next turn...but the result was 2 full turns of buffed attacks that the MW's were able to get before I took the spider off the glyph and that did me in big time at the end there. The only other play that was probably too gutsy when it didn't need to be was that OM on the MW's again after Rae went down. I had Unique Attack +1 And height and 3 attacks of 3 and 4 on Q seemed like a really good chance to do some major wounds...but I didn't consider the impact of losing initiative...and what's worse...he webbed me at the same time he killed the glyph holding MW. So, that really hurt my ability to push the advantage after Raelin went down.

Overall a great game, wish I coulda capped this one off with a crown...but it slipped out of my fingers right as I was about to put it on.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events