Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 16th, 2007, 01:07 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Two of them are arctic, and the other one is albino. I haven't given them a special card yet though.
Old February 16th, 2007, 01:19 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
Sorry to rain on your parade.

Bad Idea.

Bad idea for Hasbro too.

Look at all the hullaballooo around the sparkly water! Look at the reams of discussion about the old dice!! It ticks some people off that they can't get the red and blue dice in the new MS any more. Some like the new water some like the old.

Some people who bought 10 expansion packs of the "old" aubrian archers would get ticked when they came out with new aubrian archers. Some people who come late into the game would think it sucks that they can't get the old sculps at the store and feel obligated to pay 20 bucks to some schmuck whos got his hands on old sculps!

Sorry, I just think it would tick off too many of the obsessive people around here (like myself and about 60% of the people who use this site).

I'm a little ticked at the new MS for the same reason. I want to get swarm of the marros, but what do I do with my old Raelin? Maybe I can sell it on Ebay to some new obsessive schmuck for $50?
Old February 18th, 2007, 03:25 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler
I would prefer new stuff. However, I did like the heavy gruts from wave 6. It adds variety in an orc army but is more than a simple resculpt.
I prefer new stuff, by far. If they want to re-release old heroes or rehash old squads I don't mind so much if they make little tweaks. Like if the new Drake and Raelin have slight stat improvements and a new point value to match. For squads, I think something like the Heavy Gruts is a decent way of showcasing the same powers as the Blade Gruts at a higher cost...it's not a super-creative card, but it's better than a rerelease anyday.

Maybe if they started releasing characters that were SIMILAR but not IDENTICAL to earlier figures....that's workable.

Maybe a squad of Crossbow Gruts could come out that are identical in terms of powers (Disengage, Beast Bonding) to the Arrow Gruts but have higher attack and defense, plus range and move of 5 instead of 6. That would be a fun way to do a rerelease of the Arrow Gruts without actually rereleasing them. Alongside those figures could be the Orc Pterodactyl rider that folks seem to want....perhaps a cheap Orc unique hero on a stealth flying beast that boosts the range of all Orc archers within four spaces and maybe boosts the attack strength of all adjacent orc archers by one...like a flying, range-boosting Swog.
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:07 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Totally new stuff is what i prefer! With the up-and-coming Raelin and Drake remodelled figures on the way i can't help but be slightly disappointed, not by the sculpts but the idea of having 2 different sculpts of the same figure (even if they do end up having different stats).
I would much prefer to see new figures that will expand the different forms of life in heroscape. I'm hoping that these two are the only 2 figures that have been remodelled or i might start going off heroscape!?!
Old February 20th, 2007, 06:20 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Okay, answer this question:

If we were sure that it wouldn't slow down the release of new units, would you support the idea of there being remodels of some of the old figures that are the most popular (such as Orcs, Drones, and 4th Massachusetts Line)?
Old February 20th, 2007, 07:07 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
I wouldn't want remodels of old units at all. I'd rather have new things. If anything, I wouldn't mind if they made units that were very similar (such as the Blade Gruts and Heavy Gruts).
Old February 21st, 2007, 09:22 AM

Punisher_fan has disabled reputation
I wouldn't want to see reissues if it interfered with new releases. However I wouldn't be opposed to multiple sculpts of new squads in future releases. Take the zombie pack for example. It could easily have been six different sculpts instead of doubles of just three. The pack left me feeling a little cold. At $12 for six blobs of plastic, I'd like to at least get six different blobs of plastic. I hope the Knights Templar aren't packaged in this manner. It comes across as a bit lazy on Hasbro's part.

C is for Cookie. That's good enough for me.
Old February 21st, 2007, 02:58 PM

1shot_1kill has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
That sounds pretty cool, but I hope you know it's unecessary to differentiate between squads. You can move any four Blade Gruts you have. I got a second pack of wolves (for the Minute Men, actually), and painted them white. It was cool, because they were brown underneath, and I didn't need to add a wash to them. It was a little hard painting around the eyes, but I suggest you try it.
I don't do it so much to differentiate squads when I have them, but if I have a squad and my son has a squad it's easier to tell who's is who's without having to pick them up.

Rath Dé ort!
Old February 21st, 2007, 03:23 PM
GW Bush's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_fan
I wouldn't want to see reissues if it interfered with new releases. However I wouldn't be opposed to multiple sculpts of new squads in future releases. Take the zombie pack for example. It could easily have been six different sculpts instead of doubles of just three. The pack left me feeling a little cold. At $12 for six blobs of plastic, I'd like to at least get six different blobs of plastic. I hope the Knights Templar aren't packaged in this manner. It comes across as a bit lazy on Hasbro's part.
I'm also a little taken aback by how the zombies were packaged. Sure, they're meant to be used in multiples, but they should have all looked different.
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:26 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Quote:
I'm also a little taken aback by how the zombies were packaged. Sure, they're meant to be used in multiples, but they should have all looked different.
Others have voiced this same concern and it leaves me a bit confused.

I just want to clarify that the Zombies are common. Not to sound insulting if you already knew that, but I felt it worth mentioning up front.

Common squads, to date, have shared the same sculpt for multiple versions of the same squad. Why should Zombies be the sole exception to this rule?
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:52 PM

Punisher_fan has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231

I just want to clarify that the Zombies are common. Not to sound insulting if you already knew that, but I felt it worth mentioning up front.

Common squads, to date, have shared the same sculpt for multiple versions of the same squad. Why should Zombies be the sole exception to this rule?
Yes, I'm aware of that, but have two squads of the same common been packaged together before? And no, zombies shouldn't be an exception, there should be a new rule. All commons could have two or three different sculpts in a rotating case fashion.

Let's take Wave 8 with four new expansion packs as an example. Case A would have all four expansion packs in Sculpt A and Case B would have all four expansion packs in Sculpt B, both cases being equally distributed. If there is a hero pack, the same pack would be in both cases. Yes, I know there is a distribution problem now but really that's a whole different matter.

It really wouldn't be that hard to implement. The hardest part of new figures is play testing, everything after that is aesthetics. Basically any object can take the figures place as long as LOS is established.

Since commons are designed to be used in multiples, wouldn't it make sense to have figures that encourage this and make it more pleasing to the eye?

C is for Cookie. That's good enough for me.
Old February 21st, 2007, 10:32 PM
GW Bush's

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231

Yes, I'm aware of that, but have two squads of the same common been packaged together before? And no, zombies shouldn't be an exception, there should be a new rule. All commons could have two or three different sculpts in a rotating case fashion.

Let's take Wave 8 with four new expansion packs as an example. Case A would have all four expansion packs in Sculpt A and Case B would have all four expansion packs in Sculpt B, both cases being equally distributed. If there is a hero pack, the same pack would be in both cases. Yes, I know there is a distribution problem now but really that's a whole different matter.

It really wouldn't be that hard to implement. The hardest part of new figures is play testing, everything after that is aesthetics. Basically any object can take the figures place as long as LOS is established.

Since commons are designed to be used in multiples, wouldn't it make sense to have figures that encourage this and make it more pleasing to the eye?
Thank you for properly expressing EVERYTHING I was trying to say. I was starting to get the feeling that no one understood what I was talking about.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units