Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

View Poll Results: Which is the BEST map? (Choose 3)
The Crypt by Flash_19 12 31.58%
The Swamps of Oighir Scath by heroscaper2010 14 36.84%
Uncharted Jungle by antmarchingroves 12 31.58%
Iconoclast by All Your Pie 3 7.89%
Battlefield 23 by Flash_19 12 31.58%
Ruined City by Leaf_it 14 36.84%
Pure Gold by superfrog 7 18.42%
Jungle Fever by Rednax 15 39.47%
Rocky Mound by Leaf_it 10 26.32%
Coastal Cave by antmarchingroves 5 13.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 19th, 2018, 09:57 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Question Re: VOTE NOW!!! - Top 10

Congrats, @rednax ! Jungle Fever looks really good on both aesthetics and gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I don't trust those warehouse ruins
I wouldn't either from the picture, but it was noted somewhere that the upper level is removed, even though it's shown in the image. That definitely changes the map.

Ruined City: Love the use of Marvel. Decent LoS blockers, though there are a couple spots on the hills that aren't accessible by road, which could make them troublesome camping spots. Something I didn't notice on the first look as well, is the glyphs are accessible with 6 Move from turn 1 on one side, which could also spell trouble with Rats.

Rocky Mounds: Very reminiscent of Flash Fire, which is a solid map. I like that this take combines the two hills into one central one. The ruin helps prevent camping up there from being too powerful by making anyone on the height vulnerable to units coming from the other side. Very nice.

Pure Gold: I really like the high bridge (maps don't build that high often, let alone for a bridge like that). Unfortunately, that's about the only thing I like about this map. The rest feels too scattered and incoherent.

Iconoclast: Just seems a little boring to me. All the action is directed toward the center. A couple glyphs on the outside would help.

The Crypt: Choke points could be a concern, but I'm a sucker for underground crypts. Lots of different paths to take, though, which should make for a very interesting map to play.

Battlefield 23: Just like it's name, nothing about this one particularly jumps out at me. Looks like the road could get clogged in the middle, and it would be nice if the road extended to be able to assault glyph-holders as well.

Uncharted Jungle: The roads here do allow you to attack the glyphs. Unfortunately there are several spots on height the roads do not reach, and the scattered jungle is too far away to allow many units to use it as cover the turn before their attack.

Coastal Cave: I know some people don't like such a stark division of terrain, but personally I think it can work and I do think it looks great here. Ultimately, the map just looks far too wide across the middle. Other than that I think it's got a good thematic look.

Jungle Fever: Excellent use of all the terrain types. Jungle doesn't provide cover to height, while lava dominates it. Molten lava that manages to not be completely banked (a piece next to swamp) without looking out of place. Good variation in height. And it even manages to have a beachfront. All around, this map just looks like it would play well and look good while doing it.

Swamps of Oighir Scath: Tundra maps can often feel sprawling and difficult to move through, and this seems to be no exception. Playing with slippery ice would make it asymmetrical, too.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 19th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: WINNER! - Secret Treasures of Valhalla

Yes, once again...congratulations. It was a crazy contest with a lot of really good entries. Well done everyone!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 19th, 2018, 03:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow, that was close. Great race there. Grats to all!
Old August 19th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Congrats to Rednax!

Thanks again to all of the mapmakers who did such a fine job making this a difficult choice. I regret not catching that the Ruined City warehouse pieces didn't have a second floor, but I just didn't see that note where I was looking.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 19th, 2018, 03:46 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Congrats @rednax
I'm looking forward to playing a few games on your map.
Old August 19th, 2018, 08:17 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Congrats Rednax. Jungle Fever will be fun to playtest. What a close contest with so many deserving maps. Cartographers, well done!
Old August 20th, 2018, 10:55 AM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker

Congrats on the win @rednax
You've made a solid map and one that I'm looking forward to trying out soon.

Antmarchingroves'
Old August 20th, 2018, 12:44 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Congrats rednax! Jungle Fever looks really fun!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla