Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Who do you think gives you the least bang for your buck (or points)?
Dund 52 15.20%
DW7k 38 11.11%
Gorillinators 25 7.31%
Khosumet 74 21.64%
Obsidian Guards 60 17.54%
Spartacus 40 11.70%
Taelord 23 6.73%
Zettian Guards 30 8.77%
Voters: 342. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 30th, 2006, 03:11 PM

Thor has disabled reputation
Most Worthless Hero or Squad Award

With 5 waves of figures, and various other expansion sets now out and on store shelves we have a ton of heros and squads to choose from that are simply awesome. However, there are also some that many consider to stink like crap. They are either over priced or near worthless in the game because of their abilities/stats. My question is, which of the following figures is the worst in your opinion? Which of these figures seems to have a point cost way out there when considering his or her stats and abilities?

Now I know some people will argue that some or all of the choices are perfectly fine right now. Also a couple of the choices may get figures in the future that justify their cost. However, as it stands all of these figures have had heavy questioning about their worth. This is why they have made it into the hall of shame semi-finals. Now lets vote and see who the worst figure in Valhalla truly is!
Old August 30th, 2006, 03:15 PM

maliciouspigpig has disabled reputation
The Zettian Guards are extremely overpriced for what you get.

Shiver me [insert word here].
Old August 30th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliciouspigpig
a 7 defense ranged unit? Heck no!
Old August 30th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I agree about the Zettian Guards. Been considering making them 50 points to see if they get chosen more often.

Newb.
Old August 30th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I happen to like the zettians. They are so incredibly tough for a ranged unit.
DW7k completely blows. I may never USE Dund, but at least I could see him somehow bring useful. All the others get usage.
DW7K. Blows.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old August 30th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah
I happen to like the zettians. They are so incredibly tough for a ranged unit.
There you have it!

I voted for Obsidians because they're terrain specific, slow, and just too many points for me to invest into taking a chance. I won't say they're overcosted, but that I have better options for 100 points.
Old August 30th, 2006, 03:21 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
I agree about the Zettian Guards. Been considering making them 50 points to see if they get chosen more often.

Newb.
We did that for the past month (ZG: 50 points) and they are back on the field now.

I voted for (against) Dund. Could have been Khosumet.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old August 30th, 2006, 03:24 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
I voted Obsidian Guards.

Dund is excellent against swarm armies, like orcs or marros.

DW7K is well worth the 100 points, with his stats and abilities. It's just that his usage comes dwon to luck rather than skill.

Gorillanators are the fastest moving squad we have, and they have range. With the new Movement bonding teh nakita agents have they are even better for 90 points.

Khosumet is awesome with a squad or 2 of wolves. After all, he does keep them form commiting suicide!

Obsidian Guards. Has anypone found a use for the guys? i know i haven't!

Spartacus. I think he is perfect (even though i don't have him), but his being able to inspire the other 2 makes him well worth his 200 points

Taelord: Man i love me some taelord. I use him more than any other figure, despite is 180 points. Pair him with even a single squad of minions, and he pays for him self!

Zettian Guards don't get used by me that often, but thats because i'm not big on soulborgs. i Love thier targeting ability though, and its even worse with DW9K backing them
Old August 30th, 2006, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
But you could have 2 swog riders for only 50 points and 3 for only 75. thats 9 deffence plus better movement and bonding with Orks. The Zettians are tough, yes, but you could have much more for around the same price.

Old August 30th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But you could have 2 swog riders for only 50 points and 3 for only 75. thats 9 deffence plus better move and bonding with Orks. The Zettians are tough, yes, but you could have much more for around the same price.
oh phooey on the orcs!
Old August 30th, 2006, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But you could have 2 swog riders for only 50 points and 3 for only 75. thats 9 deffence plus better move and bonding with Orks. The Zettians are tough, yes, but you could have much more for around the same price.
oh phooey on the orcs!
Blasphemy!

Old August 30th, 2006, 03:30 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
you cant compare lowly 2/2 squads of orcs to 2/7 and 3/7 soulborgs! Although i don't use either very often, i'd take borgs over orcs. The Zg being ranged is awesome, and althogh you can get the same amount of units for less, you can only move 1 at a time, an dthe have 1 range,so if i get to the higher ground before you, you cant get to me. Range owns.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units