Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: Starting spaces per team?
26 10 32.26%
24 6 19.35%
28 6 19.35%
30 9 29.03%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 26th, 2007, 09:26 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Doesn't look like it at this point. 2 out of 3 voting nay; it would take quite a turnaround. I'm disappointed with my fellow 'Scapers.
Old October 26th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Nipple Rings

wisinger Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Doesn't look like it at this point. 2 out of 3 voting nay; it would take quite a turnaround. I'm disappointed with my fellow 'Scapers.
I personally see a distinct separation between Marvel and Classic Scape. Maybe, it is because I gave the kids one of the copies of Marvel, and still haven't opened mine? It is a fun game, and plays very quickly, but I still see them separate.

Old October 26th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I love Marvel Scape. I love Hero Scape. They are both games made by Hasbro.

I love Coca Cola. I love Sprite. They are both soft drinks made by Coca Cola.

I don't like to mix my Coca Cola and Sprite. I like them on their own. Sure I might try them together when I'm feeling a little nuts, but I don't like them like that 99.9% of the time.

Old October 26th, 2007, 04:05 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
I voted yes to marvel. I see the point Imax makes but that isn't true for all of the figures. A unit like Captain America can be a highly versatile, highly strategic piece. The same can be said of Red Skull. Venom and Spidey play nicely in a Classic Scape army.

If the armies sizes are kept to 500 points or less, (assuming 1on1) the uber end of Marvel characters price themselves right our of viable competition.

The only thing we have to fear.....

Oh, and the 23rd works excellently for me.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 26th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The only thing we have to fear...

...is R˙chean getting a bunch of powerful new ways to kick our collective @$$ with.

Old October 29th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Nipple Rings

wisinger Woo who?
Changing the poll on Friday with the final tally making our decision?

At this point no marvel (possible marel tourney for our next event?).

Old October 30th, 2007, 09:29 PM

AggieNeH has disabled reputation
No Marvel

Markwars makes an excellent point. It's a separate (though compatible) game.

I've not been able to build a Heroscape army that can successfully handle a similar point value Marvelscape army.

That's my two cents...

Children need encouragement. If a kid gets an answer right, tell him it was a lucky guess. That way he develops a good, lucky feeling. -- Jack Handey
Old October 30th, 2007, 10:02 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: No Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieNeH

I've not been able to build a Heroscape army that can successfully handle a similar point value Marvelscape army.

That's my two cents...
Odd, I've had the complete opposite experience.

It's also odd to hear that people are voting 'no' without ever actually trying it.
Old October 31st, 2007, 01:14 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've tried it. I didn't like it.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old October 31st, 2007, 10:58 PM

AggieNeH has disabled reputation
Re: No Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieNeH

That's my two cents...
Odd, I've had the complete opposite experience.

It's also odd to hear that people are voting 'no' without ever actually trying it.
I'd be interested to hear what all-Hero army you could get to work well against an all-Marvel amy.

I tried all the Heroscape heavy hitters (Q9, Braxas, Nilfheim, Jotun, et al) and they wilted next to Hulk and Thanos.

Maybe I didn't try hard or long enough...but I couldn't even come close.

Children need encouragement. If a kid gets an answer right, tell him it was a lucky guess. That way he develops a good, lucky feeling. -- Jack Handey
Old November 1st, 2007, 12:01 AM

Ah, well now you've gone and changed the rules. At first you said "a Heroscape army", but now you've changed it to an "all-Hero army". Either way, the point has been for quite long enough now and either people have heard it one way and chosen, tried it out and chosen, or remained Swiss.

It's all seeming moot though, since unless the Marvel-lovers suddenly show up or the Marvel-haters change their tune, there will be no superheroes come February.
Old November 1st, 2007, 06:11 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Just as an example, Marvel got hosed repeatedly by an undead army when we were playing mixed one day.

Sudema, Rechets, Cyprien, enough Zombies to keep Hulk away from Sudema - works great!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events