Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old June 12th, 2008, 01:26 PM

Unomas is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Heroscapers IRC?

What do you guys think about having a Heroscapers IRC channel. One that is setup and maintained by the admins of this site. I think our community is big enough to support such a thing. It would give people a place to go to meet other players and maybe build closer ties than they typically would through forum banter.

It could also reach out to other people who might not know about Heroscape. The more people we have supporting the game, the better off we all are in the long run.

Just a thought, IRC can be a valuable tool if used properly.
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:24 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscapers IRC?

I wouldn't mind an IRC as long as it didn't become a chat spam room for the kiddies.

Old June 13th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Explain to the old fogies here what an IRC is.

Old June 13th, 2008, 11:42 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat

It's the forums in real time, not turn based
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So it's not related to "if I recall correctly"?

Thanks for reaffirming my man crush.

Cheers,
Mark

Old June 13th, 2008, 11:54 AM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A Chat Room, basically. There are plenty around the web. Just invite someone to join you in one, get AIM or MSN, Yahoo IM, etc. Or...meet in person.
Old June 13th, 2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
A Chat Room, basically. There are plenty around the web. Just invite someone to join you in one, get AIM or MSN, Yahoo IM, etc. Or...meet in person.
No I was thinking more of a place where people can go to just hang and chat in general.

If you get a lot of people involved it can really help build the community. It would be important to get reputable members of the community involved with it. They will be the ones that attract others to join.
Old June 13th, 2008, 03:41 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

There are chat rooms on some of the other message boards I frequent and after sampling them a few times, I learned to avoid them from then on.

Chat quickly devolves into random nonsense, in my experience.
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:00 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

We had that at HEROSCAPEHQ. It hardly ever got used.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
We had that at HEROSCAPEHQ. It hardly ever got used.

That's a shame. I played Team Fortress Classic for five years or so. IRC was very important to that community. They had active forums too.

BTW, I printed your featured jungle map R˙chean...Just waiting on my order to be delivered today!
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

When Arcanum was in production there was a popular IRC channel populated with IGN forum regulars for it. While I enjoyed the chatting, I can't say that it did much to promote Arcanum - even when we brought on some of the designers.

~Aldin, who prefers turn-based

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I was fairly active in the chat room when this site was new. I only miss it a tiny, tiny bit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online