Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 26th, 2007, 04:27 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Like this?:
Myself I would say that I would work it like this: When Defending against a ranged atack double your defense die. All excess shields count as the range of the deflection strike. when using deflect strike you may chose a figure or destructible object within spaces equal to or less than all excess shields rolled. Deflection strike may only be used against attacks with more than one range that can damage only one figure at a time. The attack of the deflect strike equals the attack that is being deflected... (Ok the wording still needs work but you get the idea: When hit with a normal ranged attack chose a figure/destructible object within spaces equal to the excess defense die rolled; that figure rolls defense for the attack instead of <Name of figure here> )

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old September 26th, 2007, 05:11 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnion
Quote:
Like this?:
Myself I would say that I would work it like this: When Defending against a ranged atack double your defense die. All excess shields count as the range of the deflection strike. when using deflect strike you may chose a figure or destructible object within spaces equal to or less than all excess shields rolled. Deflection strike may only be used against attacks with more than one range that can damage only one figure at a time. The attack of the deflect strike equals the attack that is being deflected... (Ok the wording still needs work but you get the idea: When hit with a normal ranged attack chose a figure/destructible object within spaces equal to the excess defense die rolled; that figure rolls defense for the attack instead of <Name of figure here> )
Too complex for me. But it could work.
Old September 26th, 2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnion
Quote:
Like this?:
Too complex for me. But it could work.
Ok to simplify, you chose a figure within X range of <Name of figure using ability> as the new target of the incoming ranged attack. X = excess defense die rolled. So basically it redirects the attack to another figure while allowing that figure to roll defense dice normally.

To illustrate how it would work in my mind: Figure A attacks Figure B, figure A rolls 3 attack, figure B rolls 6 defense, choses the figure to ricochet to within 3 spaces since that is the number of excess shields rolled, he choses figure A since they happen to be within range of the special power. So now figure A must roll defense against its own attack... The idea of doubling the defense rolled against non adjacent attacks being tacked into the special power would be to boost the number of excess die that could be rolled... Of course you combine that with something like stealth dodge and you have an awesome anti-range...

Old September 26th, 2007, 06:32 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Here's the version I had come up with:

Lightsaber Deflection
When rolling defense against a normal attack from a non-adjacent attacker or receiving unblockable hits from another Lightsaber Deflection ability, you may remove 1 Force marker. Each excess shield rolled or unblockable hit deflected counts as an unblockable hit on the figure of your choice within 5 clear sight spaces of <unit>.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 26th, 2007, 07:24 PM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart
One question about SWscape, how would they use vehicles like an AT-ATs or AT-STs?
Old September 26th, 2007, 07:30 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfreak
One question about SWscape, how would they use vehicles like an AT-ATs or AT-STs?
AT-STs might be usable with special movement rules, but AT-ATs would make better maps than usable vehicles.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 26th, 2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfreak
AT-STs might be usable with special movement rules, but AT-ATs would make better maps than usable vehicles.
Provided they can fit the feet on a double hex tile I would imagine that it would be a tall and carefully balanced double hex figure...

Old September 27th, 2007, 04:31 AM

Radar has disabled reputation
I don't see any reason why they couldn't make them. Hasbro owns Wizards of the Coast. They could make Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel, Magic: the Gathering, GI Joe, and soon Indiana ones.

But my general understanding is that shelf space is the prime commodity in these decisions. They only have so much space to put out a product, so they are limited on how many different items they can put out.

It would be cool.

I've got a Win Chiu Woo and I don't know how to use him!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion