Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old October 10th, 2023, 11:02 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
If this revival succeeds, it will be interesting to see how this "no reprint" policy will affect the competitive scene, which may find itself split into camps of haves and have-nots.
If AoA proves profitable, reprints could eventually happen, even if there are no plans today. But Renegade will need proof that the market is there.
I'll remain an eternal optimist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old October 11th, 2023, 01:38 AM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If a scenario arises in which making reprints is more profitable than not, then I'd imagine they would; I believe this would only happen later on if enough new players join the community and care about being more competitive.
I think it's fair for Renegade not to worry about it for now
Old October 11th, 2023, 04:21 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

This is unfortunately what I expected them to say about Reprints. But its still early in their project.

Since I already have everything, my concern is this political correctness over historical figures, of which we could use many more. I can understand banning some of the worst genocidal types, but human history is what it is, and I think it is being taken too far now for gaming purposes (only). After all, our typical Fantasy and Science Fiction figures are pretty bloodthirsty too! This from an old history buff with an M.A., world traveller, and former Cultural Diversity workshop leader. Peace.

Last edited by chas; October 11th, 2023 at 04:42 AM.
Old October 11th, 2023, 08:21 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

They mentioned different categories of supported play. I'm sure there will be some similar tourney categories that match what is currently happening, among others. A classic category for those who have the units, but the 'HS Grand Champion' I imagine will be crowned only from AoA units and forward.

-insert signature here-
Old October 11th, 2023, 08:45 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
This is unfortunately what I expected them to say about Reprints. But its still early in their project.

Since I already have everything, my concern is this political correctness over historical figures, of which we could use many more. I can understand banning some of the worst genocidal types, but human history is what it is, and I think it is being taken too far now for gaming purposes (only). After all, our typical Fantasy and Science Fiction figures are pretty bloodthirsty too! This from an old history buff with an M.A., world traveller, and former Cultural Diversity workshop leader. Peace.
I'm not sure what political correctness concern there is. From what I've heard, Renegade does plan to dig into historical units down the line still. They're just focusing on AoA for now.

If you're referring to DS's comments, I think you might have the wrong takeaway from what he wrote (and I'm happy to elaborate if that's the case).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 11th, 2023, 11:26 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

No, there has been a general flap about using any historical units who oppressed anybody anywhere at anytime, both on this site regarding Scape and on others about other games. (Not in historical wargames, but certainly in Eurogames). This would if followed sadly take almost every prospective historical military unit out of our game, technically including some already in Heroscape, if they were doing redos!

And I got the feeling that Renegade during its event was being affected by this, and did in fact dodge the issue by saying "maybe later" (as in yeah...much later...when someone else has to deal with it). Of course I could be wrong. But considering that I heard what I expected to hear about every other issue they mentioned, I'd be surprised if my instinct is off here. If so, my apologies; time will tell.

Last edited by chas; October 11th, 2023 at 11:47 AM.
Old October 11th, 2023, 11:56 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There's also been a huge flap about unpainted figures and they haven't answered that directly. I'm not going to assume anything about Renegade's decisions until we hear it from them, personally.

I think it's entirely possible to both use historical figures and to be thoughtful about how they're presented and the figures chosen.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 12th, 2023, 03:36 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Rather than reprints, I think Renegade should look to doing remakes of old stuff, completely new sculpts and everything, which would also give then an opportunity to balance some of the old releases too. And then just say that players can use their classic figures as officially recognized proxies for the remakes.

I think historical is possible, but during AoA campaign I recall them saying that Hasbro was really pushing the establishment of intellectual property which is why everything was being aligned with those new factions instead of following up on the older forces. So the biggest hurdle to them is probably the fact that they can't own the rights to something like Spartan Hoplites or Maori warriors as a concept. With Hasbro being ever so slightly more at a distance from the project in Renegade's hands, perhaps that won't be as much of an issue after the AoA stuff is cleared.
Old October 12th, 2023, 03:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

An O'Sixer and a Robotech fan, nice.
Hope to get to some Robotech mecha someday for C3G.
Old October 12th, 2023, 04:57 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
An O'Sixer and a Robotech fan, nice.
I figured that was more the rule than the exception, but that just might be me.
Old October 12th, 2023, 05:24 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
There's also been a huge flap about unpainted figures and they haven't answered that directly. I'm not going to assume anything about Renegade's decisions until we hear it from them, personally.

I think it's entirely possible to both use historical figures and to be thoughtful about how they're presented and the figures chosen.
I agree with this, predominantly because Heroscape presents such little information about its characters, just a sculpt and card details and maybe a 1 paragraph bio, that it's simpler to manage the presentation. If they're writing a 500 page novel then there would be more room to do something wrong, but that's not the case here
Old October 12th, 2023, 10:05 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Its interesting that they will be putting out an application to playtest. I
Cool. I missed that. Did they say where? I'm not excited to learn how Discord works, but I will if I have to.
Playtest Application Form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...12279944852591
Thanks for the link.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News