Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old April 29th, 2011, 11:18 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sad news on the "blow out" front but possible upside.

OK, I was at a supplier/distributor/retail event yesterday and was speaking to the WotC reps. One of these guys is the same guy I spoke to about 8 months ago at a simular event (though but on by a differnt distributor). I asked about any word on an upcomming blow out sale he mentioned might happen last time we talked and he said it was unlikely anytime soon and that WotC was happy with the current pace of inventory clearing so they didn't need to "blow it out". SOOOO, sadly it looks like this is off for the forseeable future.

I began thinking along this statement, that if they (WotC) are relatively happy with the rate it's clearing out then maybe there was some hope for the future. I asked him and he said there were no immediate plans and nothing currently in the works BUT Heroscape does get mentioned around the offices a good bit and that it's entirely posible that one day they will "dust it off" and resume work on it. On the down side though, if WotC has any hope of someday resuming production that to me suggests the licence is much more unlikely to be sold to another company.
Anyway, just food for thought.

......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
Re: Sad news on the "blow out" front but possible upside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
OK, I was at a supplier/distributor/retail event yesterday and was speaking to the WotC reps. One of these guys is the same guy I spoke to about 8 months ago at a simular event (though but on by a differnt distributor). I asked about any word on an upcomming blow out sale he mentioned might happen last time we talked and he said it was unlikely anytime soon and that WotC was happy with the current pace of inventory clearing so they didn't need to "blow it out". SOOOO, sadly it looks like this is off for the forseeable future.

I began thinking along this statement, that if they (WotC) are relatively happy with the rate it's clearing out then maybe there was some hope for the future. I asked him and he said there were no immediate plans and nothing currently in the works BUT Heroscape does get mentioned around the offices a good bit and that it's entirely posible that one day they will "dust it off" and resume work on it. On the down side though, if WotC has any hope of someday resuming production that to me suggests the licence is much more unlikely to be sold to another company.
Anyway, just food for thought.

......Andrew

I'm personally of the opinion that they wait out the bad economy and dust off both Heroscape (new classic figures) and D&D Minis (the ones for D&D, not HS), with whatever revisions to both lines that they think will help give them fresh new starts instead of going with that pog idea they've been floating around with--which I think isn't so great an idea...
Old April 29th, 2011, 02:01 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for sharing, Andrew! That reinforces what I've heard at local game stores when I buy HS: "That stuff sells really well!"

I've wondered how much stuff I would even buy at blowout prices. I could see buying master sets for terrain, but what about Waves 1, 8, 11-13? If I ever see another Snipers & Vipers pack I'm going to scream! Even though we got into HS just last April, we already have all that we want from from the currently available merch.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old April 29th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Well I was hoping for some firesale prices on wrymlings and elementals, but as long as they do not landfill it I am good.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:03 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the update Andrew. Your post was an emotional rollercoaster of , to , then back to .

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks, Andrew. It sounds as though there is still hope, though slim.

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:32 AM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

I very much appreciate these little bits of information-- thanks!

I think the determining factor in the rebirth of the game will be production costs-- can they find somebody willing to make painted plastic minis cheap enough? The brisk pace of inventory sales is a bit of a double-edged sword (no cheap stuff for us, but at least they're not forgetting about the brand).

Thanks again for keeping your ear to the ground!

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old May 12th, 2011, 02:13 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylama View Post

I think the determining factor in the rebirth of the game will be production costs-- can they find somebody willing to make painted plastic minis cheap enough? The brisk pace of inventory sales is a bit of a double-edged sword (no cheap stuff for us, but at least they're not forgetting about the brand).

I'm in agreeance with you. I persoanally think the biggest reason is the weak dollar. WotC just can't buy as much with it as they could when it was much stronger. Add to that Chinease inflation and pay increases and it's the double wammy. Reaper just had a big price bump (on their prepaint lines).

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Old May 12th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylama View Post

I'm in agreeance with you. I persoanally think the biggest reason is the weak dollar. WotC just can't buy as much with it as they could when it was much stronger. Add to that Chinease inflation and pay increases and it's the double wammy. Reaper just had a big price bump (on their prepaint lines).
I bet you could find people willing to prepaint miniatures here in the USA, what with unemployment and all.

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old May 12th, 2011, 02:32 PM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101 View Post
I bet you could find people willing to prepaint miniatures here in the USA, what with unemployment and all.
Awesome idea!

I'm just sayin.
Old May 12th, 2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldsenemy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101 View Post
Awesome idea!
Americans don't work for $2 an hour.

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Old May 12th, 2011, 04:57 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wouldn't mind having to paint my own figures. Assembled, unpainted figs are OK with me.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News