Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 17th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Doctor Mid-Nite

The Book of Doctor Mid-Nite

C3G DC WAVE 25
JUSTICE SOCIETY

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Collateral Damage set.
Its model number and name are #022-024 / Dr. Mid-Nite.

NOTE: Doctor Mid-Nite requires 3x Glyph of Blackout Bomb

Character Bio - While trying to save a man's life, Doctor Charles McNider was blinded by a mob attack. Now useless as a physician, McNider turned his energies toward fighting crime, though it was not until he discovered that he could see in the dark that he would create his alter-ego Doctor Mid-Nite. With a new costume, specially modified goggles, and his invention, the Blackout Bomb, Doctor Mid-Nite became one of the world's earliest and most honorable heroes.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Doctor Mid-Nite can heal Human and Metahuman Unique Heroes with his Physician special power. Current Human and Metahuman Unique Heroes.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:58 PM. Reason: png
Old January 17th, 2014, 02:12 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
NAME = DOCTOR MID-NITE
SECRET IDENTITY = CHARLES MCNIDER

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MYSTERY MAN
PERSONALITY = PRECISE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 150

BLACKOUT BOMBS

Start the game with 3 Glyphs of Blackout Bomb on this card. At any point during his movement, Doctor Mid-Nite may place a Glyph of Blackout Bomb from this card power-side up onto an empty space within 5 clear sight spaces of Doctor Mid-Nite.

PHYSICIAN 16
After taking a turn with Doctor Mid-Nite, if he did not attack this turn, you may choose an adjacent Human or Metahuman Unique Hero, remove 1 Wound Marker from the chosen figure's Army Card and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, remove an additional Wound Marker.

OF THE NIGHT
When Doctor Mid-Nite attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile, the defending figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile. Doctor Mid-Nite cannot be targeted by non-adjacent figures for any special powers or attacks while on a Shadow Tile.

Last edited by Zettian Juggernaut; March 12th, 2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old January 17th, 2014, 04:56 PM

Re: The Book of Doctor Mid-Nite

Glad to see you jumping right back in! I'm also excited to see some JSA characters at long last. The Justice Society is one of the big gaps we still have. Anyroad, on to the design:

I'm not a big fan of D20 rolls for simple stat boosts, unless "swingy-ness" is iconic for the character (e.g., Jewel). I don't know the character very well, but this is what Comicvine has to say about Blackout Bombs:
Quote:
McNider also used "blackout bombs", which would release pitch-black gas that blinded villains and allowed him to see.
Would something like this fit?:

BLACKOUT BOMB
Once per round, after moving and before attacking, you may choose a space within 4 clear sight spaces of Doctor Mid-Nite. Until the next time you reveal a numbered order marker, the chosen space and all spaces within 2 spaces are considered to be Shadow Tiles.

This would help him get more use out of Infrared Goggles. As it is, Goggles is very niche on him. It's niche enough already, but without range, the Jungle Piece bit is useless to him. I wonder if we shouldn't create a different twist on Infrared Goggles that's more focused on Shadow. Maybe give him an attack boost while on Shadow?

I also think that Expert Physician should maybe only heal 1 wound. C3G has been very careful so far with healing figures. Even limited to Humans and Metahumans, EP could be a strong power.

Comic art:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by TrollBrute; March 30th, 2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old January 17th, 2014, 05:17 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Glad to see your hero-ness.

The original plan behind the medical powers was to have Physician, which healed 1 wound, and Expert Physician, which healed 2. Charles is probably the best human healer that exists within our bounds, but to draw it back I added that he cannot heal if he uses his Bomb. If we change Bomb and Goggles around, which I have no problem with, we could just have a straight up 1-wound heal Physician power and have him at a lower roll number. Such as this:

BLACKOUT BOMB as TB just suggested.

PHYSICIAN 8
After taking a turn with Doctor Mid-Nite, you may choose a Human or Metahuman Unique Hero figure adjacent to Doctor Mid-Nite and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 9 or higher, remove up to 1 Wound Marker from the chosen figure's Army Card. Doctor Mid-Nite may not use Physician 8 if he used Blackout Bomb this turn.

OF THE NIGHT (name?)
When Doctor Mid-Nite attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile, the defending figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile. Doctor Mid-Nite cannot be targeted by non-adjacent figures for any special powers or attacks while on a Shadow Tile.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 17th, 2014, 05:45 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I didn't get the relationship between the Blackout Bomb's power & the actual theme so I much prefer TB's suggested power. And in turn I like your suggested Of the Night power to go with it.

I didn't mind the healing 2 on a D20 roll that seemed balanced to me. Maybe you could heal 1 by default & roll the D20 to heal another but also make it instead of attacking.

Something like:
Quote:
EXPERT PHYSICIAN 13
After moving and instead of attacking, choose a Human or Metahuman Unique Hero figure adjacent to Doctor Mid-Nite and remove 1 Wound Marker from the chosen figure's Army Card. You may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, remove 1 additional Wound Marker from the chosen figure's Army Card. You may not use this special power if you used Blackout Bomb this turn.
Old January 17th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like Expert Healing at 2 wounds and instead of attacking. I think that trade off will work fine. Any thoughts on adding a bonus to the die roll for Mystery Man to reflect his JSA synergy, or do you prefer he heal for everyone the same?

I like TB's suggestion for Black Out Bomb, but it seems like too much for folks to remember what space you've chosen. I think with something like that you need something to place on the battlefield to mark it, whether a colored power marker, a glyph, or shadow tiles themselves (a marker might be the easiest). I kind of like the idea of just making it once per game with a permanent effect to avoid having to worry about language where you place the marker back, but I'm sure we can figure it out either way.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 18th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Couldn't he just place Shadow Tiles?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 18th, 2014, 12:27 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like Expert Healing at 2 wounds and instead of attacking. I think that trade off will work fine. Any thoughts on adding a bonus to the die roll for Mystery Man to reflect his JSA synergy, or do you prefer he heal for everyone the same?

I like TB's suggestion for Black Out Bomb, but it seems like too much for folks to remember what space you've chosen. I think with something like that you need something to place on the battlefield to mark it, whether a colored power marker, a glyph, or shadow tiles themselves (a marker might be the easiest). I kind of like the idea of just making it once per game with a permanent effect to avoid having to worry about language where you place the marker back, but I'm sure we can figure it out either way.
I think a couple of temporary glyphs would be best. It will cut down the language also & we wouldn't have to introduce the mechanics of having markers left on the battlefield.
Old January 18th, 2014, 12:35 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like temporary glyphs. Maybe two that he can place once per game each (we just won't have a mechanic for picking them back up) and they're either removed from the game at the end of the round or stay on the battlefield depending on what power level we're after?

That also lets us not worry about equipping things, etc., if they were equipment glyphs. So someone like Kang is our model then if we go this route.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 18th, 2014, 10:26 AM

I should clarify that I don't think Exert Physician is necessarily too strong as is, just that it was something that would need to be carefully tested. I can get on board with "instead of attacking" though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like temporary glyphs. Maybe two that he can place once per game each (we just won't have a mechanic for picking them back up) and they're either removed from the game at the end of the round or stay on the battlefield depending on what power level we're after?

That also lets us not worry about equipping things, etc., if they were equipment glyphs. So someone like Kang is our model then if we go this route.
I like this idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Couldn't he just place Shadow Tiles?
The problem is that not many people have enough Shadow Tiles to cover 7-19 spaces and less than that doesn't feel much like a bomb.

Old January 18th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So something like this then:

BLACKOUT BOMBS
Start the game with 2 Glyphs of Blackout Bomb on this card. At any point during his movement, Doctor Mid-Nite may place a Glyph of Blackout Bomb from this card power-side up onto a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Doctor Mid-Nite.

Blackout Bomb
Permanent Glyph

All figures within 1 space of this Glyph are considered to be on shadow spaces, even while this Glyph is unoccupied. At the end of the round, if the Glyph of Blackout Bomb is on the battlefield, remove it from the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 19th, 2014, 09:57 AM

Exactly.

Though if it's for one round only, we should be able to expand the area of effect. Within 2 spaces? Within 3?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library