Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 24th, 2014, 10:19 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Mister Sinister - Design Phase

C, scrap it. Although it's a nice theme, we have been avoiding specific figure powers since nearly Joker I. Plus, using surname is complicated to some of our audience and a weird, unused mechanic.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

D. Scrap it and drop his Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 25th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I've never actual seen/read anything with Mr. Sinister. My gut says scrap it but if it's as important to the character as Spidey says, I dunno. My research hasn't really pushed me in either direction.

Formally abstain I suppose.
Old January 25th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks, David! Enhancing Hulk's range number could end up being powerful, but that will be part of the consideration in his cost. Thematically it matches up with his ability to give superpowers to those he genetically alters.

The Genetic Weakness is meant to to indicate that he is significantly weakened against a certain family line due to their DNA. It seems the theme isn't coming across, though, which is another reason to consider scrapping the power, IMO.

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Mister Sinister

S-S-S-S
A-A-A-A
F-F-F-F
E-E-E-E
T-T-T-T
Y-Y-Y-Y
Safety Dance!

A-hem, moving along…

Genetic Manipulation 18
Needs space in unalteredMove.

Theme check: This will give range to melee units such as Hulk.

I assume Echo would Mimic the revised number instead of the original number due to the wording “replacing the chosen number on that card.”

“unaltered” = Suppose Mister Sinister A changes Hulk’s Defense to 3. Would Mister Sinister B be able to change it to a 5 (assuming it’s his lowest available number), since the number has been altered? I’m thinking it wouldn’t.

It’ll be interesting to see how many of these markers Mister Sinister will be able to distribute.

Note: If you remove Range from the number that can be altered, don't forget to change the requirement on taking control of the figure!

Genetic Weakness
That would be Cable and Cyclops.

This is a very situational ability that will most likely arise when you actually set up such a battle, because you can’t control what your opponent drafts in other cases. Because of this, you really can’t cost the unit on such a matchup given the huge number of released figures.

You usually create incentives for drafting specific designs through more generic reference rather than calling out the specific figure. For example, Cloak references Sensory Assault rather than calling out Dazzler by name.

Let me see if this helps: This Genetic Weakness translates, “Mister Sinister is vulnerable to Cable and Cyclops because of their surname” instead of something like “Mister Sinister is vulnerable to someone who smells of licorice.” The latter provides an explanation of the effect that produces the weakness that the former doesn’t.

Healing Factor
Vetted!

Final Thoughts
Love the Genetic Manipulation, though I’ve failed in recalling whether there’s another case where a melee figure can get range. Being out of practice in playing Heroscape is starting to be a liability for me.

My own take on calling out a specific design in Genetic Weakness: You have to do it with cases such as Jean Grey/Phoenix/Dark Phoenix, because the specific units explain what is taking place in the ability. But that doesn’t seem to apply here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 25th, 2014, 04:59 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great notes! He's genetically manipulated folks into having ranged attacks before (i.e. Angel becoming Archangel and shooting razor feathers) but it's a spot folks seem to be questioning thematically. It might be worth taking the requirement down to three and dropping the Range to avoid that and make the power more usable.

As always, much obliged!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
On Genetic Weakness, mechanically, obviously referring to Surnames is new, but there's nothing problematic about it. It feels a little forced to me - I suppose Joker's "It's not the same" is similar, but that relationship feels more fundamental to Joker than this one does to Mr. Sinister.

Genetic Manipulation is a doozie, for sure. The requirement to use the lowest numbers first is a major nerf - otherwise you would just jack up your allies from the start. Given that major restriction, I don't think it's a big problem from a game balance perspective. However, it seems pretty weird thematically to give, say, Sabretooth or Colossus a ranged attack. If you limited it to the other three stat lines I wouldn't struggle with it as much thematically.

Also, note that GM can currently affect androids, constructs, and undead. Maybe you guys need a "living figure" ruling, so you don't have to list out those three all the time? So "living" = "not an android, construct, or undead"? Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I should note that we're still debating internally on whether or not to include the Genetic Weakness power, so thoughts and opinions there are definitely appreciated.

For the doozy here, Genetic Manipulation, the markers would be numbered 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Bats

NAME = MISTER SINISTER
SECRET IDENTITY = NATHANIEL ESSEX

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = MANIPULATIVE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 380?

GENETIC MANIPULATION 18
Start the game with 6 numbered black DNA Markers on this card. After moving, instead of attacking, you may choose one Unique Hero adjacent to Mister Sinister and either the unalteredMove, Range, Attack, or Defense number on the chosen Hero's Army Card. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to the roll if the chosen Hero is a Mutant. If you roll 18 or higher, place the numerically lowest available DNA Marker from this card on the chosen Hero's card, replacing the chosen number on that card with the number on that DNA Marker. After placing your fourth DNA Marker on the same Hero's card, if that card is controlled by another player, remove any Order Markers on that Hero's card and take permanent control of that Hero and that Hero’s Army Card.

GENETIC WEAKNESS
Mister Sinister subtracts 3 dice from his defense when attacked by any Mutant Hero figure with the surname of Summers in its Secret Identity.

HEALING FACTOR

After taking a turn with Mister Sinister, remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.

SUPER STRENGTH

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 25th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I can be on board with not altering range.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 25th, 2014, 05:17 PM

I don't have to rush to make any changes since Roamers are up for an initial first, but as of now I'm leaning towards the following (supported by votes and ERB comments):

1. Scrapping range from the stats that can be altered and letting him take over a figure after altering three stats
2. Scrapping Genetic Weakness
3. Adding a line about Genetic Manipulation not working on Androids, Undead, or Constructs.

Old January 25th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

All sound like good changes to me.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 25th, 2014, 06:31 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I am of 2 minds with GM not affecting the range. 1 for the reasons mentioned by Davidlhsl I am for it not affecting. 2 some figures the range is part of their super power & should be able to be altered like Jean Grey & Hawkeye (to state 2 different but both relevant cases).

If we could only alter range when it's 3 or above then it would be perfect.
Old January 25th, 2014, 10:36 PM

I think that'd be pretty messy in terms of language for an already pretty complex power. I'd much prefer to go all in or not for range.

Old January 25th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I like range. Might be a bit messy but we've never shied away from messy before if it's fun enough. I personally like the idea of Hulk being genetically modified to have stretchy arms or something.
Old January 26th, 2014, 01:04 AM

My concern was less about messiness and more that folks didn't seem to be getting the theme. I can be convinced to keep it, though, if that's the strong opinion.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library